Pregnancy 2010 - October

Options

Replies

• Caliwaters25
    Options
    Congratulation Yessie and I have to say big thumbs up for going natural. I was toying with the idea and may still try but I want the knowledge of having the option for the epidural in case I can 't handle it. I am still in search of a Lamaze class. Any suggestions shoppingqueen or Yessie and Angela? I want to find what will work for me but its just as hard to pick one as it is to pick an infant seat all those choices and options eek!

Angrypanda- I know what you are going through I had my anatomy scan right at 19 weeks and the little bugger was hiding from the tech. I was so upset and frustrated that the following week I set up an appt. at 20 weeks at a 2D/3D ultrasound place in like 5 minutes they found out that it was a girl and like ckmama said it was only $79 and totally worth it. You get pictures that are kind of blobby but still precious. I will be going for another in a few weeks to get some updated pics of baby with her features filled out.

Jalara- I will try to get some better belly pics soon I just don't have the time with school but I will make time and update soon.
  • Kindergirl77
    Kindergirl77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I would love to join you! I am trying to lose weight before we TTC. I have 2 girls that are 4 years old and almost 7, and I want to have 2 more before I get too old! (I am 33, so I think we have some time!) My first baby was born in a hospital with an induction that was horrible and ended up with a reaction to the epidural that didn't work at all towards the end anyway. For my 2nd birth I knew that I did NOT want the epidural so I took a Bradley Birth class and it was exactly what I was looking for and it helped me SO much during my next birth. My 2nd girl was born at home without drugs and was the best birth! The recovery was SO much easier.
    Anyway, my SW was 200. I have been in and out of MFP but plan to get focused now and finally do this! My weight right now 198. I want to lose 50 lbs but I hope to lose at least 20-40lbs before getting pregnant again. I had a hard pregnancy with my first because I gained over 70 pounds! My 2nd I started at 175 and only gained 20lbs, and it was a much easier pregnancy- and delivery.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I would love to join you! I am trying to lose weight before we TTC. I have 2 girls that are 4 years old and almost 7, and I want to have 2 more before I get too old! (I am 33, so I think we have some time!) My first baby was born in a hospital with an induction that was horrible and ended up with a reaction to the epidural that didn't work at all towards the end anyway. For my 2nd birth I knew that I did NOT want the epidural so I took a Bradley Birth class and it was exactly what I was looking for and it helped me SO much during my next birth. My 2nd girl was born at home without drugs and was the best birth! The recovery was SO much easier.
    Anyway, my SW was 200. I have been in and out of MFP but plan to get focused now and finally do this! My weight right now 198. I want to lose 50 lbs but I hope to lose at least 20-40lbs before getting pregnant again. I had a hard pregnancy with my first because I gained over 70 pounds! My 2nd I started at 175 and only gained 20lbs, and it was a much easier pregnancy- and delivery.

I plan on taking Bradley classes as well. It's good to hear they worked well for you. A friend of mine has said that she felt completely prepared when labor came after taking those classes. Any advice you have is appreciated! I'm 14 weeks now. And good luck to you on your weight loss before TTC. :smile: It sounds like your second pregnancy was great, hopefully the next will be the same!
  • DoctorLaura
    DoctorLaura Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all the new and expecting moms! I love reading all of the great stories, advice, and support from all of you ladies.

I just wanted to throw my two cents in about the 3D and 4D ultrasounds. I've known a number of women who have done them but I've also heard several people express concerns about their safety. I decided I should do a bit of research before I formed an opinion for myself.

These elective ultrasounds were recently a hot topic in the news where I'm from because our provincial government issued a warning to expectant mothers to not have ultrasounds performed unless they are recommended by your doctor for medical purposes. I know Health Canada and the US Food and Drug Administration have issued similar warnings as well.

I can't personally say whether they are safe or dangerous, but if you are considering having an ultrasound done for non-medical reasons please make sure you are making an informed decision.

Here are a few of the links I came across:
    http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm095508.htm
    http://www.lrws.gov.sk.ca/keepsake-fetal-ultrasound
    http://www.thestarphoenix.com/health/Entertainment+ultrasounds+little+used/3472081/story.html
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I would love to have an U/S today to find out the sex, but I don't see that happening. I have one of those private company ones scheduled for 17 weeks to find out the sex. My dr. said my next U/S wouldn't be until around 20-22 weeks, and I would really love to know, so impatient.:tongue:

I know what you mean. I just had my NT Scan this week. I was hoping to get a hint about the gender, but the technician told me she's hesitant to say anything because a friend of hers did and was wrong--then the couple came back several weeks later, angry that she was wrong about the gender. She said she'd see me back in 10 weeks. 10 weeks!? I am going to go crazy waiting that long. I have no patience, either. I was even thinking about buying one those at-home kits that gives you a gender prediction, but it's only 90% accurate.

My technician didn't tell me anything about the baby whatsoever other than the fact that the baby was asleep and then once woken wouldn't sit still. It was when the doctor came in the room and started his portion of the NT scan that we discussed gender. It is not 100% as you are so early with your NT scan that the male and female parts look pretty much the same, it is however said to be something like 88% accurate. I have been told that the doctor is the best at what he does so hopefully he was correct. I am going next Wednesday for a follow up NT scan since my peanut wouldn't cooperate. I will be 15 weeks and I KNOW that if the baby doesn't have a penis by then that it will be a girl.... found out my last son was a boy at about 14 weeks. Those 3d ultrasound places around here say that the can tell you the gender at 14 weeks, I spoke with my doctor about getting one and he didn't have any concerns. He just said to wait until about 28-32 weeks so that the baby is more filled out so that it does not frighten my other children.
  • kmk6510
    Options
    Hey Everyone. First I want to say Congrats to those pregnant! :flowerforyou: I am 9 weeks 6 days today, due mid May and loving it. I have currently lost 3 pounds recently...and with doctors approval am trying to lose more. I am looking for some ladies to add as friends to have a support group. I have been told this forum is a great link. I am looking for some woman to friend and to have a close connection with them through our journey. Please feel free to add (and leave a message saying its from here pls lol)

Thank so Much---MommaK:smooched:
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Hello All! My name is Melissa and I am new to this thread, but not new to MFP. I just found out that I am pregnant about a week ago so I'm guessing I'm about 5 weeks. This is my second baby. I have a 15 month old son. I go to the doc tomorrow to fill out paperwork and will schedule a real appointment while I'm there. The dillema is, I'm currently overweight and have my goals set at 1400. Will it be okay if I continue to eat this amount until I can get to the doc? I really don't think a few weeks will hurt but just want to make sure. Pregnancy was much easier last time when I was thin and not worrying about gaining too much. But I gained 44lbs so I want to be more careful this time!

Congrats to all you ladies! I look forward to talking to you!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I am trying to conceive. Its been 8 years since I had a baby girl. She's turning 8 in a week. My wish and prayer is to get pregnant again soon. I have been TTC for last 5 years and had 2 miscarriages along the way. It was so easy to conceive first time round and now its taking forever. My R/E is not sure why its taking me so long. Please pray this website helps me lose a little weight (30lbs) to be my ideal weight. Until then, I keep dreaming of a baby and a new me...
  • Renae83
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to introduce myself... I am currently 27 weeks 2 days (due January 11th) and new to MFP. Right before I got pregnant I lost about 6 lbs, but have since gained that back plus about 8 more. I have been trying to eat healthy and exercise regularly, though the past couple of weeks have been testing me as I have started feeling a bit more uncomfortable and exercising has become harder. I'm definitely going to need some motivation for these last couple months... especially since they are right in the middle of the Thanksgiving and Christmas season! I'm just glad that I found you all sooner than later :)
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    melbhall - Congratulations! As for your calories, you'll be good until you speak to your doctor (if you are comfortable with that). What some do is switch to maintenance until they speak to their doctor. You don't need more calories in the first trimester anyway, and if you are consider overweight or obese (not to say that you are either one) than the doc will give you a modified expectation of weight gain anyhow.

Mangoaddict - welcome! We have a TTC group that stemmed from this one: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/123895-fit-for-future-families-2?page=8 - I like to bounce from one to the other!

Renae - Welcome and congratulations!
  • angrypanda
    angrypanda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My technician didn't tell me anything about the baby whatsoever other than the fact that the baby was asleep and then once woken wouldn't sit still. It was when the doctor came in the room and started his portion of the NT scan that we discussed gender. It is not 100% as you are so early with your NT scan that the male and female parts look pretty much the same, it is however said to be something like 88% accurate. I have been told that the doctor is the best at what he does so hopefully he was correct. I am going next Wednesday for a follow up NT scan since my peanut wouldn't cooperate. I will be 15 weeks and I KNOW that if the baby doesn't have a penis by then that it will be a girl.... found out my last son was a boy at about 14 weeks. Those 3d ultrasound places around here say that the can tell you the gender at 14 weeks, I spoke with my doctor about getting one and he didn't have any concerns. He just said to wait until about 28-32 weeks so that the baby is more filled out so that it does not frighten my other children.

I got to see the baby during our NT scan, but only because the technician though it was in a really good position to see. He or she waved to us a few times, then rolled over to be left alone. Haha. It was really cute. I wasn't expecting a definite answer on gender, but a hint would have been nice, even if just a "I think it looks like it might be a _____". I've looked into several of the places that do the 3d/4d scans and also gender scans around 14/15 weeks. My only concern is that there are none that are local. I'd have to drive at least 40 miles away for the nearest one. I'd hate to go all that way and find the baby is not cooperating or something and have them tell me come back another day. I'm wondering how common it is for the baby to not be in the "right" position for all that. Seeing the 3d/4d isn't a priority for me at this point, so I'm not too concerned with how strange looking the baby will be. The U/S tech actually showed us a quick shot of it the other day and yeah, it was not pretty.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    I'm really not sure, with my youngest son I was at the doctors because of a lot of pain in my lower abdomin. She decided to do a transvaginal ultrasound to make sure it was nothing more than just regular muscle pain and bam! My little boy was showing it off for everyone to see. He did the same thing at the 20 week ultrasound and still at 3 1/2 likes to run out of the bathroom naked. I guess he's just a natural :laugh:

I forgot how much the muscle pain hurts. I am only going to be 15 weeks and already feel like my uterus is going to fall out from between my legs. My husband thinks I'm funny but seriously thats what it feels like. This is only my 3rd baby, the doctor says is gets worse with each. How do people give birth to so many children? My grandma had 9! I think 3 is all for me because my body just can't handle it. Maybe it is because my children are big (#1 was 9lbs 6oz and #2 was 8lbs 12oz)

Any other repeat moms having all of the pain? Any suggestions to help relieve it?
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I have three girls. Two of them were big at birth: 10.7 lbs and 9.3 lbs. I didn't get the muscle pain you're talking about, I think practicing yoga and zumba helped. But I had a very hard time sleeping with my last one, and now I can sleep on my belly! I think that was the big problem, plus I had restless leg syndrome, which is gone now.
    I hope your symptoms don't get worse, you still have a long way to go:ohwell:
  • DoctorLaura
    DoctorLaura Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have three girls. Two of them were big at birth: 10.7 lbs and 9.3 lbs. I didn't get the muscle pain you're talking about, I think practicing yoga and zumba helped. But I had a very hard time sleeping with my last one, and now I can sleep on my belly! I think that was the big problem, plus I had restless leg syndrome, which is gone now.
    I hope your symptoms don't get worse, you still have a long way to go:ohwell:

I was having restless legs a few weeks ago too! I have no idea what caused it to start or why it went away recently but it drove me crazy! I had the most terrible sleep for several weeks and normally I sleep like a log! :yawn:
    Do you have any idea what brings it on or what you can do to make it stop? I'm hoping it won't come back but if there's any way to treat or prevent it I'm dying to know.
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    :grumble: I had restless legs throughout my whole last pregnancy. My doctor recommended Tylenol pm. I also stretched before going to bed. Some nights all I could do was walk around the house or rock on the rocking chair. It was very annoying
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Just wanted to remind you to check the crib you have if its one from one of your other babies, and check all reviews if it's one you are considering buying. We were trying to help a friend sell her crib since her lil one is now 3 1/2 and came across this

http://www.jardinecribrecall.com/press_release.php
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    So I actually remembered to weight in this morning. Bi-weekly does not drive me as crazy as I can get easily obsessed with the number. I had a gain of 0.8 so a total of 2.8lbs at 15 weeks. It is a little more than I would have liked but better than any of my other pregnancies. How is everyone else doing with their weight?
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    So I actually remembered to weight in this morning. Bi-weekly does not drive me as crazy as I can get easily obsessed with the number. I had a gain of 0.8 so a total of 2.8lbs at 15 weeks. It is a little more than I would have liked but better than any of my other pregnancies. How is everyone else doing with their weight?

I wish I wish I wish I could say I only had 2.8 lbs, I am up 16 lbs and about to be 16 weeks.:sad:

The baby bed recall thing: You just about can't buy a new baby bed with drop side or even where just the top drops down anymore. We went to look at new beds and all they sell now are the ones that you just have to bend over and pick baby up. That is what scares me about buying used baby stuff.

We sold our baby bed, travel system, and clothes not 3 months before I found out I was pregnant. We had held onto it for 7 years and of course that would figure we sell it right before we get pregnant. Oh well.:wink:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I wish I was only up 2-3 lbs, I am at 12 lbs gain since I got pregnant--I plateaued since hitting the second trimester--thank goodness. I am also more able to watch what I am eating now that I don't feel sooooo sick.

Katrina--you do realize it is murphy's law, right? My parents did the same thing before my youngest brother was conceived. It happens a lot. I guess you feel the pressure is off and it makes the difference, whether you are planning or not... :laugh: :tongue:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Ah! I've been off for so long! Hi everyone!!! here's some more pics of the little guy, time to catch up on all the posts ...

professional pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=78223&id=1062205157&l=fe1d326c6a

weekly pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=71387&id=1062205157&l=9aeb4b8b28