Why are you fat?

Options

Replies

• regbrown85
    regbrown85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I acquired PCOS as a teenager which stands for polycystic ovaries. its cysts in the ovaries filled with male hormones that increase weight, fertility problems, insulin resistance, body hair, and darkening of the skin folds. it also causes me to crave sugar and tiredness. the only way to not become diabetic with this disease is to exercise, eat right, and take birth control pills faithfully to control my hormones. it sucks
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant twice within the last three years. I've nursed both of them, and I'm still nursing my youngest. So I have been either pregnant or nursing for three years. I gained a healthy amount of weight for both pregnancies, and while I never really became overweight, when I hit 157 when my second child was 2 months old, I figured it was time to do something about it.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    tag for later reading
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    Eating too much
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey now, who you calling fat? *stern, angry look* ;)
  • RobinAlexader
    RobinAlexader Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am not fat..I have extra fat on my body..but it isn't "who" I am, it does not define me. but I don't remember not ever being overweight..so I can't quite pin point what the problem was..could be that I wasn't very active..that I'm from the South so food is naturally higher in fat..or the fact that I always ate more of it that I should.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I never really exercised as a teenager and always ate tons of junk food (usually from boredom or just snacking all the time in between meals.) My biggest downfall is sweets and candy. I just find it so easy to eat and eat until an entire pack is gone.
  • joetalk
    joetalk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    about 7 years ago i recovered from drugs and alcohol

While in treatment i put on 32 pounds in my first 28 days, from there i excused my health and appearance as not a major priority compared to my recovery, in turn what i ended up doing was stuffing my feelings rather than actually learn how to cope with my feelings.

Im now about 140 pounds heavier at 320, and have finally come to an understanding emotionally, spiritually, mentally and physically about how to cope with feelings, but, i now have the long arduous journey to remove the stuffing's I've been carrying these last 7 years.
  • Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I was full of excuses, lazy, and I love food. Simple as that. Now I know that and I am putting in the work to fix it. :)
  • snow00774
    Options
    I love food and drinks and need a better balance of the two which includes activity. simple as that.
  • veronicaadavis7
    Options
    I'm 5'3" also, and right now I'm in the 230ish range (I haven't weighed in awhile, it's counter-productive for me), I lost weight before doing WW Core and got down to about 170 and looked and felt great at that weight. Not all of us look good at 130 lbs. No one can ever believe I weigh as much as I do. I guess some of us carry it better.
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've been attracted to high calorie foods all my life and had easy access to them in my household growing up. I also was never all that active, and after elementary school, I had gotten little to no exercise. I didn't hang out with my friends outside of school, so I had no one to play sports with, and I just didn't like exercise. I ended up spending the vast majority of my free time at home either playing video games or being on the computer. I'm just grateful that I'm only around ~90 lbs. overweight and I'm not so fat that I can't exercise.
  • DNHolbrook
    DNHolbrook Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was a skinny kid until I was about 11. I don't remember anything really changing to account for the gain. I was still running around with my brothers and other neighbor kids, eating just the same as everyone else. I've hit many plateaus throughout my life where I'll stick at one weight for a long time, never gaining never loosing, and then something will change and I'll jump up to a different weight. Sure, I like to eat, and like most kids/teens most what I liked my body didn't.
  • Slimon191
    Slimon191 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was fat because i was unaware of the reality, used to eat too much of stuff that i in recent past realized makes me gain weight, i have been slim and fat both in cycles, now finally i am getting slim, hoping to reach my ideal weight :)
  • scrittenden
    scrittenden Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eating far too much of all the wrong things.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Eating way too much crap food and not moving.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Puberty hit me at age 11. I wasn't really THAT heavy before that (though I was always told I was) - pictures of me show that I truly wasn't. It was only after age 11 that I started to balloon upward. Combine that with bad eating habits (my own and my family's examples), bullying in school (yes, it existed in the 1980s, but no one ever had a name for it and we were expected to "suck it up, buttercup") and a lack of exercise.... there you have it.

I have no excuse. I didn't do anything about it and for a long time I never felt a need to change (and indeed, never believed that I could). Now? Things are so, thankfully, different. :flowerforyou:
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    'I'm fat because I eat, and I eat because I'm fat.' :heart:
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    sweet tea and bread.
  • JobyHux
    JobyHux Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Genetics gives me a very slow metabolism, but I'm working on it!