"You're still fat"

Options

Replies

• mrsduke2924
    mrsduke2924 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you got hurt by shallow, rude people.
    They'll still be stupid tomorrow - whereas you'll be one step closer to your goals
    you can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had to experience that. I have seen this happen alot and straight away I think why did they need to say that, that's the last thing that person needs to hear. They just think its funny - ITS NOT!!. I'm glad you haven't let it effect your goal. U will get there keep at it. I hope writing this has helped you more to deal with this, there are lots people here to support you xxxxx
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Something like this happened to my mom, years and years ago, when I was a teenager. My mom always struggled with her weight, thru her whole adult life. Though she never outwardly seemed sad, or unattractive, she was just AWESOME! But I vividly remember weight watchers, and soup diets Jenny Craig and Susan Powter and the books and all of that... Well, one time she came home from jogging in our neighborhood, and was crying. I couldn't believe it-- my mom was STRONG, I rarely saw her cry. When my dad asked what happened, I overheard her telling him that while she was jogging, a car full of teen age boys drove by and yelled 'WHALE!'. And they kept driving by, over and over, yelling at her again and again. I was so sad for my mom, and angry-- that people would be so mean to my mom... or to ANYONE for that fact. It was then and there that I told myself I'd never make fun of anyone for their weight (because I'm sure at that point in my life, being a snarky teen, I had thrown a few insults myself!) Anyways- I still remember it to this day, 25 years later and sadly, 10+ years after losing my mom to breast cancer. I would give anything to have her back...and when I think about that- it pisses me off all over again!
    So to you- be strong, glad to hear it wont deter you. And I agree with the other posters here-- they were probably just trying to hide their own insecurities. You keep doing what you know is good for YOU. And don't let those sh*tty people bring you down.
  • mlwalke
    mlwalke Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Eleanor Roosevelt
  • edreyrey
    Options
    Congrats on all of the progress! You're doing great! Don't ever give up. Use their negative energy to make you stronger. Get mad, get motivated. I remember all the laughs that people had at my expense because I couldn't tie my shoe, because I couldn't get off the couch, because I have man boobs and for many other reasons and I use that energy and turn it around. We are all equal, no one is better than anyone else.

You want to know why they laugh at you? It's because they are filthy wh0res who don't have a shred of descency. They have some opinion that they are better than you and they are not! If they are lucky, they will realize how much damage they have done to others, they will feel pain for all the wrong they have done in their life. I am gussing that their life is so bad that they need to make some beautiful women feel bad for wanting to improve.

keep up the good work and never ever give up!

F those B's!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress so far. I'm glad you got this off your chest if you felt you needed to, but the truth is, you sound like you've already got this under control. Today's a new day. Keep up the great work!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Some people just suck! Congrats on all of your hard work, you're doing great!
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    Your story just made me tear up, that's absolutely inexcusable behavior on their part. You are the better person and cruelty like that most likely comes from a place of their own misery but don't let it hurt you for even another second. Move forward and remember to take in the beauty of every day.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    OP, that is incredibly ****ty-- what a bunch of *kitten*.

For what it's worth, I would've given you encouragement in the same situation, and I expect there are a lot more in that camp than the *kitten* camp. I'm always impressed with the people I see on the road who are working to get in shape-- especially if they have a fair amount to lose. It takes a lot of commitment and it's hard not to respect that.
  • karolinacorrea
    karolinacorrea Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What this makes me think is that these people are so empty inside that the only good thing they have is their skinny bodies that they got without working hard. The only way they feel better about themselves is undermining people, they desperately cling to that. I pity them, once their body is gone, they will have nothing.

You are much more than that. You recognize your own value and you work hard on achieving your goals. Love yourself and keep up the good work. Some time from now you will look back and smile at this. :)
  • KisaraKaiba
    KisaraKaiba Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I will never understand what makes people go out of their way to do or say something cruel to another human being. It is utter non-sense and I am so sorry that you happened to cross paths with such @$$hats.

You've made awesome progress so far and will continue to do so. At the end of the day, it's all for you anyway. No matter what you look like, some one will always have a negative thing to say about it - no one is perfect. So keep pushing for what really matters - your health, happiness, and well-being. <3
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am so sad that happened to you. Keep moving and keep jogging at those red lights.. We all will be cheering you on!
  • Munchkin73113
    Munchkin73113 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great for you on the 4 miles! I agree with the "Karma" comments, but seriously, take pride in the fact that you want to change and are working very hard. Some of the most beautiful women I know are the most UGLY on the inside...Don't let anyone steal your thunder! Great job and keep it up! :)
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling...At least the way I am, something like that would bother me for days. BUT remember that you ARE doing a GREAT job for even going out there and doing what you are doing. Like others I have read, karma will come around sometime but I hope the support you are getting here will help you out to move past this incident. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...you ARE worth it!!
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have to share something that I have kept secret for a few days.
    For the first time last friday, I actually got to the 4 mile mark during my walk. This was a huge, huge, huge accomplishment for me. All of my MFP friends know that I am about 100 pounds over- weight, but I have been working very hard and I am dedicated to being a better me. I am down 15 pounds and will probably hit 16 this week. With that said, I was at the end of my walk last Friday and I turned around to head back home. I came to a stop light. While at the stop light, I didn’t want my heart rate to drop, so I did a slow jog. I am not the most graceful person and I know that I am a sight to see when trying to run. But I was doing my best and I was proud of myself. While I was waiting at the light, a car full of cute “skinny” girls pulled up to the stop light. They rolled the windows down and made an effort to make sure I knew they were laughing at me. When the light turned green and they began to drive off, the person closest to me yelled, “You’re still fat”. I immediately stopped in my tracks and slumped over in sadness. How could people that I don’t even know steal my joy? How could people that I don’t even know be so cruel? Why did they even care? Why make the effort to go out of their way to be hurtful? I just don’t understand. This incident didn’t deter me. I am still just as focused on my goals as ever. But I can’t deny that it had an effect on me. When I got home and looked in the mirror, I said to myself, “you ARE still fat”. Sometimes the truth hurts. I obviously have a weight problem. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be doing this. But it is amazing how words either positive or negative can change your outlook. I don’t know what my point is here. I just want everyone to know that when you say “good job” or “you can do it”, it means more to me than you will ever know. Words are powerful. I won’t drop a bunch of cliché’s and antidotes in this situation because you probably have heard them all. I wasn’t even going to mention this to my MFP community, but I decided that getting it out would allow me to move on. I found a great quote. See below and be nice to each other. =0)

“Dwelling on the negative simply contributes to its power.” ~Shirley MacLaine

Where the hell do you live? I would have walked up to the car and pulled the driver out and kicked her ****en teeth out. Then got in the driver's seat and had a nice little chat. I bet you ****en money they would have never even looked your way again.

See that *kitten* doesn't happen in NJ. You would die. People here are not tolerant of that kind of thing.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    What a bunch of *****es. So sorry that happened to you. Just feel sorry for them and lucky for yourself because you can always change your outer appearance, but they will always be rotten inside.
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You have to wonder who raised these idiots. Did they learn nothing? I like the idea of karma and know that paybacks are hell.

For a long time I had a plaque on my desk that read " illegitimi non carborundum." It looks like latin but it isn't really. The sentiment is "don't let the b*st**ds wear you down." It's good advice that always made me smile. Keep at it, you are not trying to please anyone but yourself
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    That comment had nothing to do with you. I'm just sorry that you crossed paths with a car full of pathetic people. If you pray, pray for them. You're doing fine and you're on the path to better health. They're the ones who need help.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I have to share something that I have kept secret for a few days.
    For the first time last friday, I actually got to the 4 mile mark during my walk. This was a huge, huge, huge accomplishment for me. All of my MFP friends know that I am about 100 pounds over- weight, but I have been working very hard and I am dedicated to being a better me. I am down 15 pounds and will probably hit 16 this week. With that said, I was at the end of my walk last Friday and I turned around to head back home. I came to a stop light. While at the stop light, I didn’t want my heart rate to drop, so I did a slow jog. I am not the most graceful person and I know that I am a sight to see when trying to run. But I was doing my best and I was proud of myself. While I was waiting at the light, a car full of cute “skinny” girls pulled up to the stop light. They rolled the windows down and made an effort to make sure I knew they were laughing at me. When the light turned green and they began to drive off, the person closest to me yelled, “You’re still fat”. I immediately stopped in my tracks and slumped over in sadness. How could people that I don’t even know steal my joy? How could people that I don’t even know be so cruel? Why did they even care? Why make the effort to go out of their way to be hurtful? I just don’t understand. This incident didn’t deter me. I am still just as focused on my goals as ever. But I can’t deny that it had an effect on me. When I got home and looked in the mirror, I said to myself, “you ARE still fat”. Sometimes the truth hurts. I obviously have a weight problem. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be doing this. But it is amazing how words either positive or negative can change your outlook. I don’t know what my point is here. I just want everyone to know that when you say “good job” or “you can do it”, it means more to me than you will ever know. Words are powerful. I won’t drop a bunch of cliché’s and antidotes in this situation because you probably have heard them all. I wasn’t even going to mention this to my MFP community, but I decided that getting it out would allow me to move on. I found a great quote. See below and be nice to each other. =0)

“Dwelling on the negative simply contributes to its power.” ~Shirley MacLaine

Where the hell do you live? I would have walked up to the car and pulled the driver out and kicked her ****en teeth out. See that **** doesn't happen in NJ. That's what people would do to you.

Haha yeah that isn't too smart to do to someone here in Detroit either.
  • SPPutnam
    SPPutnam Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You may still be fat, but at least you can lose weight. Sadly, they will always have an ugly heart unless Jesus transforms their life. Stand tall. YOU are doing great!