what is the worst thing you have been called?

Options

Replies

• karylee46
    karylee46 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My mother used to call me fat.. (i was a HUGE 130 pounds ).. made me terribly insecure and i spent the next ten years hiding in big clothing.
    im called crazy on a daily basis at work.. but hell i dont mind that.. (rather be called crazy then boring)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Ugly. Once I was in a wedding and at the rehearsal my partner who I got paired up with said "You know when I first met you I thought you were the most beautiful girl I ever saw...but the more you open your mouth the uglier and uglier you get."

I turned and looked him dead in the eye for a sec then remembered something. "I wish I could say I ever found you good looking." Then we walked down the aisle. Step together, step together, smile smile, step together. The end.

Oh my god I would have been horrified. Where do people think this kind of this is OK TO SAY TO ANYONE EVER???? That sucks, I'm sorry.

The stronger you seem to appear...some people seem to think you are made of steel and they can say the worst and they will have support for it. My husband taught me that. It flies in the face of conventional wisdom where we think the weak get bullied and I think that's true too, or someone who has an obvious visual target but really sad people will find anything to trash on and if they can't find it on the outside they will go to your insides. It hurts a lot because I couldn't really change my personality right? Or the fact that he and I just were totally different kinds of people and maybe he wanted me to be more like him since apparently he at some point thought I was attractive but, no, I can only be who I am on the inside and that has to be good enough for someone. It will be. Well I honestly believe the same goes for the outside.

I'd like to add that his girlfriend who was not paired up with him for the wedding since she was the maid of honor was standing oh say around two feet from us. Within ear shot. Can't imagine how it felt hearing her BF tell another girl she was the most beautiful he ever saw but I do know that she went on to enter beauty pageants just as I had but only she won some of them full stop. That didn't stop her from going down the road of plastic surgery though to correct what was already in my opinion a perfect form. Oh well guess he was an efficient douche. Two birds with one stone.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    As a teen, I wore silver bells on an ankle bracelet that jingled when I walked.

I thought it was a pretty sound and thought it quite sweet.

My dad told me only *kitten* wore bells on their ankles so that men would know what kind of women they were and good people would know how low down and disgusting they were.

:huh: :sick: :grumble: :explode: Yes. All at once.

He was a real jerk most of the time I was growing up :ohwell:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Wow hearing all this makes me feel less alone. I was never picked on in school but always at home. My grandmother was the worst. She would say anything from you're so stupid to no man would ever want you to the only thing you'll ever be good for is sex. I lived with that for 18 years and then left for college. I don't really visit much. :smile:

...and now....I cry. :cry:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    my mom called me "dense" during a phone call. we laugh and joke about it now but at the time it hurt pretty badly.

i'm sure there have been many worse things hurled my way but i don't really give a *kitten* what other people think about me - especially those that haven't taken the time to get to know me.
  • LokiiDokii
    LokiiDokii Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A waste of space.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The comment that stands out in my mind within the past couple years for infuriating me came from a professor that I wasn't even taking. I had to go back to the lab to take some more readings for an Organic Chemistry lab. It was the second time I had used the equipment and my professor wasn't there so I had to ask him for help. He started asking me all these questions about the lab that I hadn't thought about, because hello, I didn't have the data yet. Then he asked if I was taking Organic II in the Spring (his was the only section). I said, no, because I was studying abroad. He said "good." :mad: Like gee, thanks for the encouragement.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    As a teen, I wore silver bells on an ankle bracelet that jingled when I walked.

I thought it was a pretty sound and thought it quite sweet.

My dad told me only *kitten* wore bells on their ankles so that men would know what kind of women they were and good people would know how low down and disgusting they were.

:huh: :sick: :grumble: :explode: Yes. All at once.

He was a real jerk most of the time I was growing up :ohwell:

This reminds me of a boyfriends father. Unbeknownst to me this boyfriend had courted me right in front of his LIVE IN girlfriend at a kids birthday party at a park. (what kind of girl lets her guy spend over 2 hrs talking to another girl is another puzzling topic). So when I met his father I was puzzled by his hatred of me since I did not know this secret. (would not find out for another year and a half.) So when he introduced me to his father all proud of what new toy he had found (would find out later this is how he saw me) his father gave me the old up and down glare and hit pay dirt on my feet since I was wearing sandals to show off my new pretty pedicure......"Oh, only ugly people have a second toe that's longer than their big toe." This time I was more eloquent in my reply. When my boyfriend stumbled to get away from him ASAP assuming I'd follow close behind I lingered and when he was out of earshot I whispered to the man "Pfhuck You!" to which he of course replied with a smile. Stayed the hail away from that monster from that point on. I kinda sometimes appreciate it when someone shows u their true colors from jump. It makes it easy to toss them aside sooner rather than later.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    The worst thing wasn't anything I was actually called. To me, it was worse. It was high school lunch cafeteria. I have a genetic form of arthritis. Plus there is a slight leg length discrepancy between my legs. So I walked with an abnormal gait pattern. I was used to it since it was how I was born. But one day, walking through the cafeteria, as I walked by a table of particularly catty girls, I heard them starting to "QUACK" at me. I don't know why, but those 5 or 10 seconds of my life, from girls I didn't even know and wouldn't even know who they are, has haunted me my entire life. If I close my eyes today, I can hear them doing it, even 40 years later. Now with titanium hips and knees (and orthotics in my shoes to even the leg lengths), I still have a bit of a "gimp", but I'm walking and moving better than I have in my entire life. After I've lost all the weight anyway and gotten in the best shape of my life. But even now, I can still hear that "QUACK". I guess it's one reason why I'm such a big defender of those who are down and need support. It has made me a better man, but it still hurts. Even today.
  • missfrankie666
    Options
    one time my sister and I got dressed up and went down town where there was multiple bars in walking distance of each other. as we were crossing the street from one bar to go to another a guy standing out front yelled " here come the fat chicks!" I was really embarrassed and wanted to cry. That was honestly the first and only time I'd been called fat to my face
  • dizzow
    dizzow Posts: 65
    Options
    Growing up in a small town, I had a smaller class and there was one boy, and his minions that made my school life a torturous affair. He called me heifer, a cow, a whale, fat***, He would moo behind me. He also tortured me physically, tripping me, punched me in the arm, knocked my books out of my hands, and when we played the awful game of dodgeball he put all of his might behind every ball he threw at me. He, of course, was very strong and athletic.... and a good aim. This went on until about my sophomore year of h.s. when I started standing up to him. The irony is that the last I knew of him he owned a gym and talked about how great it was so support and help people to lose weight and be healthy.
  • MyStarr7
    MyStarr7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well, my sister-in-law called me a Fat b**ch... So, yeah... that's one of the reasons I'm here.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Ummm...slut c*nt b**ch...yes, strung together. I was called this after I broke up with a guy, and he must have been mad! hahahahahahah So, yeah...I did laugh my *kitten* off when he said it though. That didn't go over well. :drinker:
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    A piece of *kitten*. Apparently my ex didn't like that I was leaving him and taking the kids. When he found out he beat me. That was 11 years ago. It took me a long time and a great man to realize that I am an amazing person and he was the piece of *kitten*.
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    In high school some guy told me " Get some tits, you remind me of your Mother." If I could only go back in time...
  • specialk1335
    Options
    Pregnant. I was at a holiday parade and someone came up to me and asked when I was expecting my baby. I was horrified, embarrassed, ashamed that someone would mistake my being a big woman as being almost due. I never had my feelings hurt so much.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    These are all pretty heartbreaking, actually. I'm sorry to hear that we've all been told such bad things. I was teased for my weight my whole life, really. My mom did the whole "You have such a pretty face. If you'd ONLY lose weight." thing. I was put on a diet in third grade. My dad made me ride a stationary bike every morning and every night in sixth grade. I was 5'0" and weighed 95 lbs at the time. I was teased at school. In high school I tried working out and a classmate told me that every time I walked by her house, her dad called me "bubble butt". The worst thing though was what my dad said to me before he died. He told me that I had ruined their lives and he wished I'd never been born. It still hurts, thirty three years later. But you know what the funny thing is? And I even realized this at the time, I'M ADOPTED! You don't ACCIDENTALLY adopt a baby. "Whoops! I was going downtown to pay a traffic ticket and I ended up with this kid! What the hell?? Life ruined!" So, half the time (when I even remember it) I laugh about it, and the other half it bothers me.
  • RangiRose
    Options
    When I was about 14 I had a boy tell me I was a fox from a distance, but a dog close-up. I will never forget that. Wish I could :cry:

HUGs to you-:flowerforyou: - I think you look lovely-:heart: .
  • RangiRose
    Options
    A "stupid fat @$$"
    Was said to me by a former boss who thought it was "funny" or "cool" to belittle his employees in an attempt bring their self esteem so low that they think they are worthless and can't do better than work for him.... Sadly, it worked for a while. But then I wised up, dropped 121 pounds, gained self esteem and sought other employment and left that place in the past and then burned the bridge!! Best choice I think I have ever made.

Thats awsome- all power to you to see what a sluz your boss was and building the bridge to get over !! :smokin: :bigsmile:
  • evedaeche
    evedaeche Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was on holiday with my boyfriend last year and we were having turkish massages, they guy was trying to get us to buy extras, face massage and deep clean or something. we were consistently saying no thankyou then he turned to me and said 'do you like cocktails? like to drink?" i said yes and he turned to me with this smirk on his face and said 'yeah you look like you do' my boyfriend would of knocked his head off if i hadn't become so used to it. we left, went to our rep and complained and he got us our money back. It was nice to see i had such a supportive boyfriend though.