What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    On Saturday I ran 5 miles in 65 minutes! That's the farthest distance AND the longest time I've ever run without stopping.

WOO HOO!! :drinker:
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Since I had a total hip replacement on August 6, thirty days is a lot of time. I can now drive again AND go to the gym.

The first place I drove to was the gym. :laugh:
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    Bike 12 miles in a little less than an hour. I have now done it for 15 miles in just a few minutes over an hour, but by that point I wasn't tracking the time just the distance. A month ago I was excited to complete 6 miles in about an hour. All the riding done on a trail with tons of inclines, and people to dodge. It felt amazing for me to reach 15 miles. I wanted to keep going, but it was getting dark and I was already caught in the rain.
  • stephicozar
    stephicozar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can walk straight past all the bakeries, sweet shops, pie shops etc without thinking 'Ooo, I want that'.
    So really, I've probably saved a whole lot of spare change!!
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I can do my 3 mile walk in 45 mins instead of 60. I am up to a 14 min mile running instead of 18 mins. I can lift my 40lb son out of his car seat without making any grunting sounds lol. Oh, and a pair of pants that I started wearing at the beginning of September are now too big.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I can bike (stationary) 4 miles in 16 mins, deadlift 145 #,bench 85# and squat 100# along with a bunch of other lifts. :)
  • NzBuilt
    NzBuilt Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    100 sit-ups
    Run 5k non stop
    Quit all junk food

Just feel so good now
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I can eat all day on less than 1800 calories. Lunch used to be 1500 or more (gross right?).
    I can jog (slow..4mph) for an entire song
    I can say I give a damn...30 days ago I did not
    I can encourage others because I know what even a small success feels like
    Edit to add this most important one!: I can clearly state my short, medium, and long term goals!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    i learned to cook quinoa... i still can't pronounce it though :blushing:
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    BUMP to me!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Bike 31 miles on my stationary bike!!

Wow! How long does that take? I'm impressed with myself at this pt for doing 10 minutes.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    I can run for 10 minutes at 9 km/hr without stopping to get my breath.
  • nikkiclaire123
    Options
    i can leg press an extra 10kg. im now on 65kg. thats a little over my bodyweight! :)
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    3 sets of 20 decline bench ( highest setting) sit ups with 4 twists each holding a 10 lb medicine ball.
  • paddgirl21
    paddgirl21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Able to do the 4% grade in the local park without stopping. before, i had to keep stopping every few feet. I'm very proud!
  • grammagie
    grammagie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I can walk up a big hill pushing my twin grandsons without feeling like I'm going to die:) I can lift more weight at the gym, and I can fit into a size 16 instead of a size 20!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Easily plank for over 1 minute. Say that I've lost 50 pounds!!!!!!! Feel good about myself for my accomplishment:smile:
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I've joined just short of 30 days, so nothing significant really.
    I hope to be able to do 200 sit ups by xmas, and by this time next year, I'll be back to my former self.
    I am in control, and that's all that matters.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    jog for a mile on the treadmill. did it this morning! 30 days ago I couldn't jog 150 feet
  • meparker757
    meparker757 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't snore as much. :)