Why is this even remotely controversial?

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    This being controversial is actually pretty funny to me. Stop using the fact that you had children as the reason you gained weight. I actually wish I could get pregnant again because having a baby helps me to lose, I tend to eat less and become more active because I have a little one to take care of and no time to eat unless I am truly hungry. This woman looks amazing and no doubt she worked her *kitten* off to keep her body in shape and healthy! She isn't saying every woman should look like her, but it says that even a mother can stay active and healthy.

Well I did gain 90 pounds with my daughter. I lost about half of it. Of course women gain weight during pregnancy. That doesn't mean the kids are an excuse to stay fat. My doctor told me to wait six weeks before exercising. So I waited 16 years to be safe. (Just my little joke :laugh:)

lol, I guess since my baby is 13 I can get started too. Even though its obviously 3 years early. I'll just have to sacrifice! :laugh:

Yeah, I definitely used my kids as an excuse (and my two c-sections), so I can really relate to this topic.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Publicity stunt, indeed!!!

Someone knows how to push the right buttons to get people talking.

1. Mixing sexy and babies just creeps some people out (me for one). I'm not saying that she looks skanky, but she ain't exactly dressed like someone loading up the minivan to schlep her kids to the grocery store. The photo makes the kids look like props.

2. Someone else mentioned the text. I agree - Yeah, "if I can do it, so can you!" sounds much less b¡tchy than her hands on her hips, saying "What's your excuse?" It's confrontational - on purpose.

Slick marketing product there. I imagine she paid a pretty penny for it.

Creepy??????????? Wow! I was thinking, "ADORABLE!" when I saw the photo! Calling it creepy just shows where your mind is.
    I don't even think "sexy" when I look at that picture. I think, "Woman who works out wearing workuot clothes."

She's not in lingerie, FPS, with her legs spread.

Apparently, though, if you look too good, you're "sexy" and that means it's inappropriate to have kids in the picture with you.

I guess so! I noticed the boys first. They are such cuties. Then when I noticed how pretty the woman is, I'm like, "No wonder those boys are so photogenic." Yeah, I wouldn't call her "sexy," but then, I'm not one to notice if a woman is sexy or not. I would call her pretty.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I replied to this once already, but didn't really do a good job of making any kind of point. Sometimes that happens. I ramble.

Anyhow, why did I read 30 pages of people arguing about this? I think it's because that image struck me, became important. Why? I don't usually go in much for fitspo. (Although, the mfp thread is awesome, partly because I'm familiar with many of those stories already). I'm more likely to read the "demotivational" posters than the motivational ones because they're funny, and the "real" ones just seem cheesy. I do my own thing and I do it well; fitspo/motivational stuff doesn't usually strike me much. So why did I read 30 pages about this image? What makes this image important to me?

All I've ever heard regarding child bearing/aging is that getting fat is an inevitability. (And with my family history that would probably include diabetes as well). This image tells me otherwise. I can look at that image and say, "Ef you naysayers, you don't know what you're talking about. She did it, and so can I. So will I."

Mfp, has taught me different than what the everyone has told me my whole life. There are plenty of fit moms on here, and ladies in their 40's who look better than many women do in their 20s. And this image is saying that, too.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    So, to sum it all up

Fit mom is fit, doesn't use children, work, or disabled husband as excuse.

Other mommies/fatties (Yeah, I said fatties) get mad and pull out a whole lot of reasons to discredit said fit mom

She must not have gained any real weight while preggo. She must have nannies/help. She must be neglecting her kids. She must be lying about he amount of work she puts in. She's victimizing women. She's trying to tell me I have to look like her! Well after I had MY baby I couldn't have thisthatandthethird.

And it all boils down to even in a thread where someone is saying "Don't make excuses, just do!" people are still making excuses.

Did I miss anything?

This.. I mean, I'm not as fit as her, but I do damn good for having a 3 and (brand new) 2 year old, and a single mom... and here from WOMEN at work I must be neglecting my kids, cause there is no way I can work a full time corporate management job, be a single parent 80% of the time, and be in shape....

which seriously... is disgusting in so many ways. Are you really saying that women are so "weak" that that isn't possible... and honestly, I want to start asking them about their fav TV shows.... let them go on and on about who did what and what's good this year.. and yada yada yada.. then look them straight in the face and say... I chose being fit over watching TV.. that's how I "do it all", not by neglecting my kids. (not to bash TV, it just doesn't fit into my life right now because my plate does over flow)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    you cant debate a marketing tactic by criticizing the part you are inferring. They are criticizing the 'fact' that she is saying people have no reason not to look like her. when that's totally not what it's saying. It's asking if you make excuses or make results.

The pic isn't saying either of those things. It just says "What's your excuse" The rest is just your interpretation vs. someone else's.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Wonder how this would have went if it was a dude that posted a pic and stated the same thing?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

it is not even comparable, dudes are not expected to invest the same amount of time in childrearing; their bodies aren't completely messed with by the invasion of another creature, there is not the same unreasonable expectation to maintain youthful beauty all through life, and the accusation of laziness if that doesn't happen (and men are thought attractive into their later years even if they don't work out), etc etc etc.

it is not problematic because women are "catty", jesus effing.

if a male cover model had a pretty face, though, some men might cut him down by calling him a pretty boy (and taking that where it often goes). if he was more rugged looking and tough, or else just cool, they would want to be more like him.

women are no longer expected to spend most of their time child rearing - and dads are a million times more involved than they were before the 70s and 80s - they are doing their dangedest to do at least half the work and girls are STILL morning about how much work they have to do to be a mom - when being a mom is all they ever wanted in their tiny little world. then they get what they want and its like ermergerd too much work. TOO BAD. This is everything youve been dreaming about since you found someone willing to put a ring on it -_-

It IS problematic because women are catty and we've evolved over the last 500 years in competition with each other. And yes - women do hold their weight differently and deal with different kinds of hormonal effects and yes we can grow a person inside of us - but its not freaking mandatory to have kids. And there's no rule saying you cant be healthy and exercise WHILE youre pregnant and you dont have to wait until maternity leave is over to get in a workout here and there or eat right - especially if youre going to breastfeed.

No im not a mom. No Im not married. No I dont have kids. No i dont think that if i was married with a kid, would i have the right answers - of course not - i know im not perfect.

but i do know that ive been living a very healthy active lifestyle for many years now and that when / if i do end up in a situation with kid(s) in my life - then i will still be active (more active because kids) still be eating healthy (healthier because kids).

because im the kind of person who looks for all the possible ways of making something happen. Im NOT the kind of person that would rather sit around and talk about all the reasons it wouldnt work for me, all the people who wouldnt have success, all the things that could pop up and throw me off course, all the what if's and buts and exceptions that i keep stockpiling to prove that i cant be successful.

and also - regarding those comments yesterday - if Im ever at the beach, building sandcastles with the kids and getting all grimy and someone tells me im creepy for being in a bikini when im playing with my kids on the beach - i would slap them across the face so hard that they'd break through a plateau and hit a mini goal.

Only people who already have something psychologically wrong up there - would accuse a mother of being creepy with her own children, just because she's hanging out with them and wearing a two piece.

The fact that youve had children does not revoke your right to being sexy or provocative. If anything, you're allowed to be sexier than regular girls.

If you put as much effort into taking action and working with the plan you found that does work for you - as the amount of effort that people put in here - spending hours talking about everything that doesnt work (facepalm - in what universe is that productive) or wont work or why it wont work - yall would all be able to look back at this ad and mental high five yourself for not having excuses either.

People who have legitimate reasons for not being in the best shape they can be - or not being able to work toward it - probably wont be offended by this picture because she obviously wasnt aiming it at people with REASONS. She was aiming it at people who have EXCUSES - and sure enough - just like every time you bring up that word, the ones that get hell bent out of shape are the ones that arent making much progress - if any, who are famous for writing long explanations of why they cant do anything, who are always complaining about not wanting to work out or are always forgiving themselves for a binge and saying its a NEW DAY! (its NOT, by the way, a new day - your body is the same one it was yesterday, with the same binge in your intestines) or who are too afraid to work out where someone might see them giving a frak. They have angry bitter mugshot profile pictures (or flowers, field or a cat) and instead of just walking past something that doesnt motivate them or doesnt apply to them, they pop a squat, sink into a big old lazyboy, grab their keyboard, move their snacks to the side, crack their knuckles and smile to themselves and get ready to shoot down every optimistic person who makes the mistake of walking into this thread and having the nerve to believe in themselves - or WORSE - to be a walking example that it IS possible.

Because its not - and there are a lot of people here on MFP who are only here to keep people from seeing any success. because they arent seeing any.

What's my excuse?

I dont have any. Im kicking tush, Maria. High Five!

Ok so first me:

- I don't have kids

- Until this summer when I got tendinosis in my shoulder (to go with the ankle), along with runner's knee & arthritis in both knees, i successfully maintained a 50-lb loss for over 2 years; i've gained 10 back & am working on that now

Sorry, but, though some men today are better than their fathers probably were about this, the research overwhelmingly says that women are STIIIIIIIIILL having to run things at home. Some estimates have it at ~80% of the domestic labour (when, both partners are working).

That problem is FAR FROM OVER
  • Penfoldsplace
    Options
    I wonder how people would react to someone waving a PhD certificate around saying "What's your excuse?"
    (...)
    There is a difference. A PhD is not feasible for all people, perhaps not even most.
    Reaching and maintaining a healthy weight is.

For what it's worth, I don't think she looked all that hot in the original image (elbows too pointy) it was clearly chosen so as to highlight her fitness level rather than her attractiveness.

That swimsuit pic on the other hand :love:

A PhD is mostly hard work in the same way that achieving a certain body condition is hard work.

I wouldn't post a picture of my graduation along side my kids/husband/dogs/hamster and say 'what's your excuse" because it seems a bit big headed and assumes that everyone should have the same goals as me.

In addition to "hard work," it requires the ability to achieve a Master's first, and a Bachelor's, oh and a high school diploma. That is *not* achievable for people with less-than-average intelligence. You don't have to be smart to be fit. You do have to be smart to get a PhD.

Are we not talking about the average person here though? People are arguing that the average person could achieve her body and are making excuses if they can't. I would argue that anyone of average intelligence could achieve a phD if that's what they wanted and they put the time in. I was not talking about people of below average intelligence, that would be like saying people with physical limitations would be able to achieve the body of the lady in question.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    you cant debate a marketing tactic by criticizing the part you are inferring. They are criticizing the 'fact' that she is saying people have no reason not to look like her. when that's totally not what it's saying. It's asking if you make excuses or make results.

The pic isn't saying either of those things. It just says "What's your excuse" The rest is just your interpretation vs. someone else's.

That's what I just said.

Ok fine - i will rephrase to make nitpickers happy.

They are criticizing the 'fact' that she is saying people have no reason not to look like her. when that's totally not what it's saying. It's asking if you make excuses.

She is in workout clothes, obviously fit, with her kids all around her in support, asking what our excuse is, if we have one - obviously.

And women are responding with - how dare you force me to want to look like you and have your body, you are victimizing women and attacking us for not having the perfect body.

and my eyes rolled from here to way over there.
  • smwright20
    smwright20 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    After checking out her website and Instagram photos, I find Maria Kang incredibly inspiring...

Just to clarify: I think she's beautiful and clearly has worked hard for that body. I just don't find her more inspiring than someone else simply because she has three kids.

I have a friend on this site (who I know from a previous WL site from years ago) who had four babies in three or four yeas, including twins and fertility treatments. The youngest I don't think is a year yet and she looks as good as Maria.

I mentioned my cousin earlier who works full time, her husband travels a ton and she has two kids, 3 and 15 months, and she's in incredible shape, too. It isn't an unusual situation. You just have to want it badly enough and be willing to work for it.
    That was the reason for the picture. You CAN do it even if you have kids and a busy schedule. For some people (myself) that is inspiring. Everyone can do it, but do they want to?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I do not see why anyone wouldnt want to look like her.
  • yoovie
    Options
    If you dont want to you dont have to.

You dont see people screaming and yelling at the USAF Propaganda that's all like

BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE - IN THE ARMY TODAY

because they not only dont want to be in the military, but they are completely and entirely offended that America just yelled at them personally and said they arent the best they can be unless they are in army.

ridiculous.

You dont want to be in the army - dont be in the army.
    You dont want an awesome body - fine - dont have one.
    You dont want to be a fit sexy mom? - fine - dont be.
    You dont want to wear workout clothes around your kids cause it makes you creepy - i dont know what to tell you, you're already creepy.
    You dont want to lift weights? fine - dont - there isnt much room in the weight room to begin with.
    You dont want to run a marathon - fine who cares - no one will make you
    You dont want to have kids or go to college? fine dont
    You want to find a sugar daddy and quit your job and just eat cheerios and celery all day - that's your decision.
    You want to dedicate yourself to fitness and compete? fine - you go for it.
    You dont need excuses? HIGH FIVE
    You get pissed when someone asks if you use excuses? ANGTFT
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    If you dont want to you dont have to.

You dont see people screaming and yelling at the USAF Propaganda that's all like

BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE - IN THE ARMY TODAY

because they not only dont want to be in the military, but they are completely and entirely offended that America just yelled at them personally and said they arent the best they can be unless they are in army.

ridiculous.

You dont want to be in the army - dont be in the army.
    You dont want an awesome body - fine - dont have one.
    You dont want to be a fit sexy mom? - fine - dont be.
    You dont want to wear workout clothes around your kids cause it makes you creepy - i dont know what to tell you, you're already creepy.
    You dont want to lift weights? fine - dont - there isnt much room in the weight room to begin with.
    You dont want to run a marathon - fine who cares - no one will make you
    You dont want to have kids or go to college? fine dont
    You want to find a sugar daddy and quit your job and just eat cheerios and celery all day - that's your decision.
    You want to dedicate yourself to fitness and compete? fine - you go for it.
    You dont need excuses? HIGH FIVE
    You get pissed when someone asks if you use excuses? ANGTFT

I love you for posting this... People need to get their panties out of a wad and move on.
  • yoovie
    Options
    I wonder how people would react to someone waving a PhD certificate around saying "What's your excuse?"
    (...)
    There is a difference. A PhD is not feasible for all people, perhaps not even most.
    Reaching and maintaining a healthy weight is.

For what it's worth, I don't think she looked all that hot in the original image (elbows too pointy) it was clearly chosen so as to highlight her fitness level rather than her attractiveness.

That swimsuit pic on the other hand :love:

A PhD is mostly hard work in the same way that achieving a certain body condition is hard work.

I wouldn't post a picture of my graduation along side my kids/husband/dogs/hamster and say 'what's your excuse" because it seems a bit big headed and assumes that everyone should have the same goals as me.

In addition to "hard work," it requires the ability to achieve a Master's first, and a Bachelor's, oh and a high school diploma. That is *not* achievable for people with less-than-average intelligence. You don't have to be smart to be fit. You do have to be smart to get a PhD.

Are we not talking about the average person here though? People are arguing that the average person could achieve her body and are making excuses if they can't. I would argue that anyone of average intelligence could achieve a phD if that's what they wanted and they put the time in. I was not talking about people of below average intelligence, that would be like saying people with physical limitations would be able to achieve the body of the lady in question.

you dont have to go into debt to get fit either.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Wonder how this would have went if it was a dude that posted a pic and stated the same thing?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

it is not even comparable, dudes are not expected to invest the same amount of time in childrearing; their bodies aren't completely messed with by the invasion of another creature, there is not the same unreasonable expectation to maintain youthful beauty all through life, and the accusation of laziness if that doesn't happen (and men are thought attractive into their later years even if they don't work out), etc etc etc.

it is not problematic because women are "catty", jesus effing.

if a male cover model had a pretty face, though, some men might cut him down by calling him a pretty boy (and taking that where it often goes). if he was more rugged looking and tough, or else just cool, they would want to be more like him.

women are no longer expected to spend most of their time child rearing - and dads are a million times more involved than they were before the 70s and 80s - they are doing their dangedest to do at least half the work and girls are STILL morning about how much work they have to do to be a mom - when being a mom is all they ever wanted in their tiny little world. then they get what they want and its like ermergerd too much work. TOO BAD. This is everything youve been dreaming about since you found someone willing to put a ring on it -_-

It IS problematic because women are catty and we've evolved over the last 500 years in competition with each other. And yes - women do hold their weight differently and deal with different kinds of hormonal effects and yes we can grow a person inside of us - but its not freaking mandatory to have kids. And there's no rule saying you cant be healthy and exercise WHILE youre pregnant and you dont have to wait until maternity leave is over to get in a workout here and there or eat right - especially if youre going to breastfeed.

No im not a mom. No Im not married. No I dont have kids. No i dont think that if i was married with a kid, would i have the right answers - of course not - i know im not perfect.

but i do know that ive been living a very healthy active lifestyle for many years now and that when / if i do end up in a situation with kid(s) in my life - then i will still be active (more active because kids) still be eating healthy (healthier because kids).

because im the kind of person who looks for all the possible ways of making something happen. Im NOT the kind of person that would rather sit around and talk about all the reasons it wouldnt work for me, all the people who wouldnt have success, all the things that could pop up and throw me off course, all the what if's and buts and exceptions that i keep stockpiling to prove that i cant be successful.

and also - regarding those comments yesterday - if Im ever at the beach, building sandcastles with the kids and getting all grimy and someone tells me im creepy for being in a bikini when im playing with my kids on the beach - i would slap them across the face so hard that they'd break through a plateau and hit a mini goal.

Only people who already have something psychologically wrong up there - would accuse a mother of being creepy with her own children, just because she's hanging out with them and wearing a two piece.

The fact that youve had children does not revoke your right to being sexy or provocative. If anything, you're allowed to be sexier than regular girls.

If you put as much effort into taking action and working with the plan you found that does work for you - as the amount of effort that people put in here - spending hours talking about everything that doesnt work (facepalm - in what universe is that productive) or wont work or why it wont work - yall would all be able to look back at this ad and mental high five yourself for not having excuses either.

People who have legitimate reasons for not being in the best shape they can be - or not being able to work toward it - probably wont be offended by this picture because she obviously wasnt aiming it at people with REASONS. She was aiming it at people who have EXCUSES - and sure enough - just like every time you bring up that word, the ones that get hell bent out of shape are the ones that arent making much progress - if any, who are famous for writing long explanations of why they cant do anything, who are always complaining about not wanting to work out or are always forgiving themselves for a binge and saying its a NEW DAY! (its NOT, by the way, a new day - your body is the same one it was yesterday, with the same binge in your intestines) or who are too afraid to work out where someone might see them giving a frak. They have angry bitter mugshot profile pictures (or flowers, field or a cat) and instead of just walking past something that doesnt motivate them or doesnt apply to them, they pop a squat, sink into a big old lazyboy, grab their keyboard, move their snacks to the side, crack their knuckles and smile to themselves and get ready to shoot down every optimistic person who makes the mistake of walking into this thread and having the nerve to believe in themselves - or WORSE - to be a walking example that it IS possible.

Because its not - and there are a lot of people here on MFP who are only here to keep people from seeing any success. because they arent seeing any.

What's my excuse?

I dont have any. Im kicking tush, Maria. High Five!

Ok so first me:

- I don't have kids

- Until this summer when I got tendinosis in my shoulder and ankle, along with runner's knee & arthritis in both knees, i successfully maintained a 50-lb loss for over 2 years; i've gained 10 back & am working on that now

Sorry, but, though some men today are better than their fathers probably were about this, the research overwhelmingly says that women are STIIIIIIIIILL having to run things at home. Some estimates have it at ~80% of the domestic labour (when, both partners are working).

That problem is FAR FROM OVER

I don't know if women do 80% of the domestic labor but I'm pretty sure they do 100% of the self congratulating about it. We get it. It's insanely hard to move a vacuum across a floor or throw clothes in a washing machine. Me dumb man. No figure out how to do them things.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    People still making excuses?

EXCUSE ME PRINCESS!
    excuse_me_princess_by_ryuunake98-d3it50q.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I do the vast majority of the housework in my home. Not because my SO is unable or unwilling to do it, but because I'm a it of a control freak and also like things a little neater than he does. He's content to run the vacuum once a week while I like to do it three or four times a week.

I wash dishes by hand every night and do 90% of the laundry. Yet, I find time to lounge in front of the TV, exercise, write and read along with a full-time job and a pretty active social life.

If women are doing 80% of the housework in their homes and they aren't happy about it, they need to discuss it with their SOs and change it. It really i sthat simple.

Don't make yourself a martyr and then ask for my sympathy.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

When I mention my doctorate online, people:
    Insist that I'm lying
    Smugly ask me for a list of my publications, and then fail to reply when I provide one
    Smugly tell me that educational achievements have nothing to do with intelligence
    Smugly tell me a personal anecdote about someone they know with a doctorate who is stupid and/or unsuccessful in life
    Smugly tell me a personal about a high school dropout they know (sometimes themselves) who is smart and/or successful in life (if themselves, the anecdote will invariably be riddled with spelling and grammar errors despite their supposed higher-than-mine IQ)
    Smugly tell me that I must not have any common sense or "street smarts", because that and education are opposites
    Smugly tell me that I must not have any social skills, because that and education are opposites

I think the bottom line is that women are expected to be meek and self-deprecating, and when a woman publicly celebrates her personal accomplishments, everyone rushes in to pull her back down to her "proper place."

I also wanted to make sure this didn't get lost. People like to belittle the accomplishments of others. I fail as a woman on being "self-deprecating". I also fail at being "meek," for that matter.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options

I do the vast majority of the housework in my home. Not because my SO is unable or unwilling to do it, but because I'm a it of a control freak and also like things a little neater than he does. He's content to run the vacuum once a week while I like to do it three or four times a week.

I wash dishes by hand every night and do 90% of the laundry. Yet, I find time to lounge in front of the TV, exercise, write and read along with a full-time job and a pretty active social life.

If women are doing 80% of the housework in their homes and they aren't happy about it, they need to discuss it with their SOs and change it. It really i sthat simple.

LOL ok I'm also single at the moment, as it happens. This is not about me personally, at all. (and I'm no martyr btw)

One reason you might be a control freak about it, is you've been socialized to clean -- to notice dust, etc; to know what to do with it; to feel uncomfortable in its presence, maybe worry how others might judge you if they saw it... Many, many women have been raised this way; many, many men have not. The discrepancy doesn't stop in one generation, I'm afraid.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    After checking out her website and Instagram photos, I find Maria Kang incredibly inspiring...
    58f7f75e22cf11e380a722000aaa08b2_7.jpg
    This I like.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

LOL ok I'm also single at the moment, as it happens. This is not about me personally, at all. (and I'm no martyr btw)

One reason you might be a control freak about it, is you've been socialized to clean -- to notice dust, etc; to know what to do with it; to feel uncomfortable in its presence, maybe worry how others might judge you if they saw it... Many, many women have been raised this way; many, many men have not. The discrepancy doesn't stop in one generation, I'm afraid.
    You clearly never set foot in my house growing up. My mother is the exact opposite. I grew up in chaos. Her best friend and her daughter (who is my best friend) and my father's sister whom I'm very close to and lived with for a while all live in chaos. They are not dirty people, but they aren't NEAT people, either. My mother always says my neat-freakiness is me rebelling against her.

I'm a Capricorn. That's why I clean so much. I need order in my life, whether it's a clean house or decorations just right. I need a very specific environment to function on any level. It isn't society. It's who I am. When i move to a new place, my boxes are unpacked and everything put away within the first week because I just can't stand things being cluttered. And if I asked my SO to do more, he would without argument. But I can't even stand how he stacks dishes in the dishrack. He doesn't do it "right" (i.e. MY way).

But thank you for the psycho-analysis of someone you don't know anything about. :flowerforyou: