How Long Before Someone Noticed Your Loss??

Options

Replies

• fabtofat
    fabtofat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much weight you have to loose. Also, I have found most men notice (or at least comment) later than women do. My partner hasn't noticed that I have lost 20 pounds when I saw him and I hadn't seen him after three months. However, my mum and sister noticed it after I had lost 5 pounds. I think you just have to use it as a motivation. I think people really start noticing after you drop a dress size or two.
  • kezzola
    kezzola Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well today a lady actually asked me if I'd had my haircut. Which I haven't. I think she may have noticed that I look different because I' seem to have lost a lot of my fat face and double chin. But it's a start and at least she noticed that I look a bit different. She just didn't realise why.
  • tavinsmom
    Options
    I'm at 30 lbs down a no one has noticed yet. I'm down 2 sizes, so I'm definitely smaller, I'll just keep waiting.
  • Nick_S12
    Options
    I've lost 40 lbs in 9 weeks and my friends started to notice it in my week 8...
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    It's funny, but I myself can not tell that I have lost any weight...but at 15 pounds we got our passports back and my family noticed then. I started my diet and exercise a few days after the pics were taken....My son actually commented that I had lost chins and was down to 2.

Some co-workers are starting to comment now.
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 50 and people are just now starting to notice and those are people that have not seen me in a couple of months so it is different for everyone
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    people started to notice with me after about 20lbs off. iv now lost 50lbs and people tell me iv lots too much haha! You cant win with family!

Ha! That's how my family is, too! :)
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs and a friend I hadn't seen in awhile had no idea. She was too busy complimenting another friend on her "very obvious" 10lb weight loss. That hurt.

But some people at work started noticing about 30lbs down, and my hubby keeps complaining that I have no butt anymore (trust me, I do.)
  • StVal
    StVal Posts: 91
    Options
    No notices for me, either. My boyfriend says he can see a difference in my butt. It's gone from flabby to round and strong. Weird, I know. I had another friend that I hadn't seen in a few weeks tell me she can tell in my face. Other than that, no one else has noticed. But I can tell in my clothing, as everything is getting loose and I recently bought a belt to start wearing until I get to a drastic enough loss and need new clothes.
  • fyoufat
    Options
    I'VE lost 40 and had maybe one comment. In fact my mom still asked me if was still on a diet today which is her way of saying I still look fat. I feel amazing though and I can definitely tell myself- I feel lighter, my clothes are loose and my endurance is higher!!!
  • Evybean
    Evybean Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and have lost 24 lbs, down from 170. My husband and I started at the same time (mid June) he's lost 43lbs, down from 261, he's 6'3. I've lost 14% and have gotten a " your face looks thinner" from a friend I haven't seen in a month. My husband has lost 16.5% of his SW and the difference is insane. He's gone down 2 pant sizes and his face has changed dramatically (his eyes look bigger and his nose looks longer) he's gotten comments from my family, colleagues at work, and his mom, and me of course. It's definitely harder to see the difference in his weight loss when he wears clothes 2 sizes to big. We are both looking forward to buying some new clothes before Thanksgiving for the family vacation ;)
  • KMiYong
    KMiYong Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost weight I lost 31lb, and it was very noticable. I was in an orchestra back then, and the moment people saw me they noticed, and the compliments started flowing. sadly, from that very point in the seminar for the orchestra, I started gaining weight. I was doing it the wrong way back then though, so I would've gained weight anyways, no matter what. right now I'm starting over in a healthy way :)
  • sanje16
    sanje16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey in April...only a few people started noticing June/July..by then I think I was about 20lbs down...now I am about 40 lbs down and I get compliments from everyone at work..even people I never spoke to. (which is really cool!) I really think it depends on your body type and how you carry it. All I can say is don't be.discouraged because every ounce/pound is a.victory.
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I think the first thing anyone will notice is your face... I'm down 26lbs and that's the first thing anyone says to me when they see me...

Also, alot of it has to do with your clothes... My husband always tells me, don't expect anyone to notice you lost x amt of pounds when you are still wearing a tent!

:laugh:
    awesome! How inspiring! A year and a half ago down 26 now down 90 (i was MFP stalking)
  • lstroth1
    lstroth1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My husband and kids say they saw it at 7lbs but I couldn't. (I figured they were humoring me since they knew I was really trying.) Then a coworker who had no idea what I was doing commented and that really felt good.

I have now lost 12 lbs but I still don't see it yet. I look at my before picture and maybe see a little something. I have noticed that some of my pants are starting to be too loose. (That is an amazing feeling.)
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My fiance and kids started saying they could tell at about the 15-ish lb mark, but I couldn't see it. I mean, I could FEEL it in my clothes, they were getting baggier. Now at 29 pounds, ONE person finally told me they can see a difference! She then followed with "We all know the girls go first" so not sure if she meant that's the only place she could tell, lol. I was a DD and now a D, sheesh rub it in! hahaha.

If I do side-by-side pics, then more people tell me they can see. A few people have told me aside from that 1 girl I mentioned above, but each of the other people besides her, my fiance first says "She has been working out and losing weight, doesn't she look great?" which they then say something. I know he's proud of me and so he wants to share, but I always feel like people are then FORCED to say something because he puts them on the spot. So finally hearing that 1 person say it bfore my fiance said anything made me feel great that it was finally starting to get noticed! even if she did mean just "the girls" lol.
  • lstroth1
    lstroth1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well now I had a coworker that I work with occasionally walk up to me out of the blue and ask what diet am I on because it is working. It was a great feeling. When she said that I am 16 lbs less than when I started.
    I let her know about the MFP program and app. She immediately downloaded the app and was asking questions about it. I sometimes feel like a preacher or salesperson when I talk about MFP. But it really works and it is fun to use.
  • lottewiegeraad
    lottewiegeraad Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    A year, Yes it took that Much time for people to notice xd
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    About 30 pounds in.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I am zombie, so when an arm falls off, it's usually noticed pretty quickly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!