what is the worst thing you have been called?

Options

Replies

• Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    3 things that stick out

1.: I ran up to my ex for a hug. He pushed me back, poked at my arms and said " Awww, your like a proper little fat person now!! " with a big smile on his face.

2. Ex boyfriend, again. He was angry and VERY over emotional one night after a previous argument. He started spouting off the most awful things about me that I had never heard him say, or had any idea he thought.

" Your fat, your ugly, your teeth are terrible, your awful in bed, Im not attracted to you, your lazy, youve wasted your life " honestly I could go on. It was a bombardment of insults that lasted nearly 5 minutes. He apologised and said he never meant it, he was just " upset " . Thats the day we split up, in my head. I tried for 2 years afterwards. But nah.
  • teesfood
    Options
    Cute.. but for a big girl
  • My mom use to call me Keiko. Yes... as in "Free Willy", My brother use to call me an Obese whale, and My sister would tell me, "You wish you had my body"... now I'm way fitter than all of them combined. My Dad was the only one that was fit in my family, never made fun of me, only told me he was worried about my weight and inspired me :-)...Now my cousins call me "anorexic" because I watch what I eat and workout. I just laugh.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Stupid, Spoiled, ***** & Self-Centered...all of which come out of my husband's mouth. It's quite sad really cause it has nothing to do with me being overweight or skinny. Guess Im just a ****ty person in his eyes. :cry:
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thunder thighs. I had said something meaning to be a joke but they took it seriously. It wasn't even a joke towards them.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well I have pretty much always been over weight. When I was in grade school I was not only the big girl but the poor kid- so I got a variety but I remember being referred to as a bulldoser for at least a year. Whale, fat, ugly, ugly *****- this always struck me as hugely creative... etc.

Today I have a lady at work that EVERY time I see her she gives me a dirty *kitten* look an elevator eyes- and definately NOT in a sexy/good way. I'm not sure why this is but it is weird and I just try to ignore it.

I think the single thing that bothers me the most are when people close to me- especially my parents- point out someone on the street and start slinging insults about their size. Majority of the time they are smaller than I am or at least smaller than I used to be. I have even brought this to their attention and they still continue. I just don't understand in general why people feel the need to be cruel.

I try to love me for me- is my body perfect, no. BUT it is mine and it holds my mind, my caring heart and my good natured soul- how could you NOT love that?

Sending you love and light lady!!! XOXO
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    Stupid, Spoiled, ***** & Self-Centered...all of which come out of my husband's mouth. It's quite sad really cause it has nothing to do with me being overweight or skinny. Guess Im just a ****ty person in his eyes. :cry:

When my hubby calls me spoiled I look at him and say WELL A**HOLE YOU DID IT! And he always admits that he did :) Sorry that that happens. It feels like *kitten* when my hubby tALKS CRAP TO ME. bUT i KNOW WE ALL SAY CRAPPY THINGS IN AN ARGUMENT (sorry caps) that we don't mean
  • Srarojas
    Srarojas Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    People make negative comments on my weight every single day, such as "Ewwwhhh, you're so skinny. Are you done losing weight yet?", "Look at Robin's legs. They're so skinny the pattern doesn't change on her leggings from her calves to her thighs"; "Is that your lunch or snack? You need to eat something. Here' have this cake". I could go on an on.... Yesterday, I finally responded to one of them and said, "Next time you think about commenting on my weight, replace the word skinny with fat, and if it sounds derogatory, it's not a compliment! Also, please do not comment on my body at work. It's inappropriate!". The new culture is that it's acceptable to put someone down for being thin. Either way, if you say someone is too fat or too skinny it means you're saying they're unattractive.
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thunder thighs. I had said something meaning to be a joke but they took it seriously. It wasn't even a joke towards them.

My dad used to call me this. He always meant it as a joke but I took it to heart. I had a guy in high school call me a fat *kitten* as well so now I'm super self-conscious about my legs and butt.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My grandfather was a drunk -- I tolerated a lot as a kid from him as a kid (because I was fat and bossy) but the time he called me a c*nt has never left me. He's dead now.
    My grandfather was also a drunk, and abusive.
    I clearly remember one day we were all sitting down to dinner, having chicken nuggets. I reached for a couple more and he said "Do you REALLY think you need those?" I was probably seven or eight at the time. He's also dead now.

I saw my grandfather at my cousin's wedding in June and he has ALWAYS been hard on my weight and watching what I eat and commenting on it all- all with my parents sitting aside saying nothing. But anyway, the had appetizer pizzas passed around before the dinner started and when I took a piece my grandfather made sure to stop me before it hit my lips said: "They're serviing us dinner- you know that right?" I snapped- I turned to my husband and said "I've had enough," we walked away and I didn't talk to him again that night. I felt like I was ten again at their dinner table being ridiculed in front of the whole family again.

Sending you all love and light! XO!!!
  • LoudmouthLee
    Options
    Hi, Everyone.

photo_10.jpg

This was me, on national TV, during an episode of Minute to Win It. Scratch it off the bucket list. Was on a game show.

The internet can be cruel, however... It wasn't that there wasn't a "mean thing" that stuck out in my head, but there were hundreds upon hundreds of comments... ranging from me weighing a thousand pounds to an orca whale... it didn't matter. I knew I was heavy, but I had a great job, a loving family... that's all I needed.

I wasn't struggling with my weight. I just didn't care.

Here I am now, about 120 pounds and a ton of muscle later...

photo_11.jpg
  • rosssadie24
    Options
    I have been called everything mean you can think of.. from a ugly ***** to a Fat ****. Chainsaw lips, ive been told i look like i was ran over like a tractor..

I been called rude things since i was in 5th grade,
    i can proudly say in the last 2 years my life has dirasctically changed

People dont really understand just because i'm a bigger size then you , just because i have braces doesnt mean that i dont have feelings. I weighed 130 pounds until i was 14 and was forced to get on birth control.. the weight issue has increased from there..

But in the mitsed of all the hatred and chaos, I am now the wife to a loving husband and the step mother to a beautiful angel,
    Nothing physical has changed about me. im still 205 pounds
    i still dont wear make up i'm still the same girl, i just dont go around the negative kind of people..
  • kissers84
    kissers84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A couch in Chinese.
  • kissers84
    kissers84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah I got that, but mine was "Your face is so pretty. If only you were skinny".
  • health1971
    Options
    :mad: SPICK :explode:

My parents brought my siblings and I to this great country when I was 9-years-old from Cuba... I will forever be grateful because I was giving a home considering we were left out on the streets of Havana, no home, no food, no job, simple because my father was a political prisoner... Keep in mind that my father is Sicilian and as a young man was taking to Cuba by my grandparents where they subsequently passed away and my father was orphaned...

Thirty-three years ago when we got to the states and started school, the only two language I spoke was Spanish and Italian and even though I was bilingual and I thought then that it was awesome, it turned out that it didn't matter how smart I was much less that I spoke two languages... I was a F@#&ing SPICK... Not necessarily what a child would expect and it did bother me for a long time, but I learned English within 6 months and it was incredibly easy to acclimate to my new home, surroundings, and language because I was a child and I had nothing to worry about...

Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE THIS GREAT COUNTRY :heart: , It gave me shelter when my own country wouldn't because we weren't worthy... I LOVE The Bill of Rights we all are so privileged to have and my favorite being #1 Freedom of Speech, Religion, and The Press, these three are of most importance because it's what my father and many in my country don't have... I understand that children only repeat what they hear at home and from other children, but it still hurt nonetheless :brokenheart: ... I also understand that racism is something taught and we can teach our children otherwise :smile: ...

Thanks for reading this long story, it's wasn't meant to be long I just got caught up in the moment :embarassed: ...

Taking a step at a time to reach my goal always :flowerforyou: ...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Hi, Everyone.

photo_10.jpg

This was me, on national TV, during an episode of Minute to Win It. Scratch it off the bucket list. Was on a game show.

The internet can be cruel, however... It wasn't that there wasn't a "mean thing" that stuck out in my head, but there were hundreds upon hundreds of comments... ranging from me weighing a thousand pounds to an orca whale... it didn't matter. I knew I was heavy, but I had a great job, a loving family... that's all I needed.

I wasn't struggling with my weight. I just didn't care.

Here I am now, about 120 pounds and a ton of muscle later...

photo_11.jpg

OH my god...i can't imagine having to endure something like that PUBLICLY! COngratulations on your TV moment bucket list checkmark AND your incredible fitness success. You are amazing!
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful for everyone who has shared their experience here.

The comment that hurt me most came from my father. And, while it might sound strange, it never occurred to me that any other father, mother, husband or friend- - -or anyone from whom they had a right to expect caring, would speak to them that way. Deep down, I thought it happened to me- - -alone- - -because I deserved it.

If I wasn't fat, no one could call me fat, right? I know, intellectually, that doesn't give anyone a reason to be mean. But it's hard to think, in the moment of how to object to a comment about something I am painfully aware is true.

I am not glad this happened to anyone else. But deeply appreciate everyone being willing to share their experience and the feelings it created. It helps not to feel alone.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Stupid b*tch wife. lol I was called this by my husband's ex girlfriend with whom he has a child with. I swear she hates me just because my husband and I got married after 1 year together and he never asked her after 5 years.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My step-daughters mother told them to laugh at me because I had cancer. As you can see in my pic I have a scar from srugeries I had to have to remove it...after picking up my step-daughters one day she said "watch you neck, it makes you ugly"....
    It hurt at the time becasue I was still dealing with the meds and surgeries - after awhile I realize what a sorry person she is and took a lot of time explaining to my step-daughters that cancer is not funny, we read many books together and now they help each year in Relay for Life, donating their time and allowance to find a cure!
  • OoOJennieOoO
    OoOJennieOoO Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I was taking a test in class and my teacher screamed my name and everyone looked at me and I looked up because he startled me, He told me to put a big fat "O" on my paper because he "caught" me cheating. I wasn't, at all, I have never cheated on a test. I'm not that sneaky! I cried, and I was so embarrassed. this was in high school too :-/