Does "Hot Mom" Need to Apologize?

Options

Replies

• kanadian_bear
    Options
    I think it's fat shaming, personally. I agree with the person above who said that it's not necessarily an excuse, but a different priority for a lot of people... And IMO it's not her place to label people's priorities as 'excuses'. And looking like she does really is not necessary to be healthy (and probably impossible for a lot of women).. so I think it's a bit uncalled for.

For what it's worth, I found her apology even worse, lol.

THIS! And the fact that she called it an "excuse"! Does she live everyone else's lives - I don't think so? Does she know what everyone else has been through - again, I'm thinkin' not? Not everyone wants (or even needs to look like that). Sad that we as a society have come to this.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

She is making the assumption that if you don't look like her you are making excuses.
    No she is not.

I am curious what is asking me. Like, "my" excuse for what exactly?

Not having 3 kids (bum cervix, sorry lady)? Or not having the body to wear a what she's wearing (I mean, I do have body and would totally wear that, I just wouldn't look like her.)? How does she know I am making any excuses for anything? I am not. I have failings - and I fail because I am lazy and imperfect sometimes. That's life and all people, even this woman.

What I think a lot of men don't realize is that women face this crazy pressure to have children, but then face this crazy pressure to not "give in and give up" because you are a mother and still look "hot". Not healthy, hot. I give this lady all kinds of credit for being dedicated, she should be proud of it and doesn't need to apologize for her priorities, but neither does anyone else. I don't think she had any ill intent based on her previous writings, but her faux apology on facebook fueled the fire because she suggested not all people's feelings count because obesity is such an epidemic. Which is what a lot of people here also believe -- maybe of them spouting that off are still overweight or obese and that seems like a whole lot like self loathing.

The truth is, this woman should be annoyed that she has been deemed "hot mom" because is a successful business woman. She shouldn't have fake apologized because all of her writings prior to this event support her claim that she wasn't trying to shame - but that little facebook post "apology" made it a whole lot easier to believe she was just being smug.
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    No way! People are just mad that she had more opportunities to slack off than they did, and she still took the hard road, kicked @ss, and came out stronger for it.

Good for her.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    The first three threads about her weren't sufficient?
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Not at all. If I were her, I'd post another picture similar to this :) People are jealous, that's all. It shows nothing of her being a bad mother

Edited to say: although is she hadn't of put "what's your excuse" up top, I think a lot more would be supportive of this.
  • Sweetnothing78
    Sweetnothing78 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Does she look good? Yes. Does that take a lot of hard work and dedication? Yes. Does she deserve props for that? Yes.

However upon seeing this model's(her occupation was mentioned in an article) picture I had a few more questions. Does she have a personal trainer? Does she have a maid? Does she have a cook? Does she have a nanny? If yes to any of the above then she isn't actually in the same position as the average mom trying to lose the baby weight. So to compare apples and oranges wouldn't be fair. The other question that came up for me as a mother- Why take a sexy picture with your children? It seemed like it belonged on the awkward family photo site.
  • laurahamm96
    laurahamm96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't think she is fat shaming, but she is making the assumption that everyone that doesn't look like her is making excuses. Maybe not everyone wants to be that fit. To me, inspirational, but I can see where to others it might be offensive.

This. I dont think everyone who does not look like her makes "excuses". It comes off very much "look at me, im better then you, what are you doing with your life" ykwim?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

I don't think she's all that to be honest...I have had better.
    Ahh the internet........................
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Does she look good? Yes. Does that take a lot of hard work and dedication? Yes. Does she deserve props for that?

Yes. However upon seeing this model's(her occupation was mentioned in an article) picture I had a few more questions. Does she have a personal trainer? Does she have a maid? Does she have a cook? Does she have a nanny? If yes to any of the above then she isn't actually in the same position as the average mom trying to lose the baby weight. So to compare apples and oranges wouldn't be fair. The other question that came up for me as a mother- Why take a sexy picture with your children? It seemed like it belonged on the awkward family photo site.

Many of those questions were hashed out in a prior thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1117648-why-is-this-even-remotely-controversial

To repeat:

“I'm sorry you took an image and resonated with it in such a negative way. I won't go into details that I struggled with my genetics, had an eating disorder, work full time owning two businesses, have no nanny, am not naturally skinny and do not work as a personal trainer,” she wrote, in part. “What I WILL say is this. What you interpret is not MY fault. It's yours. The first step in owning your life, your body and your destiny is to OWN the thoughts that come out of your own head. I didn't create them. You created them. So if you want to continue ‘hating’ this image, get used to hating many other things for the rest of your life.”
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    people are pissed for being called out that they are fat and lazy. oh well tough ****. she looks great, good for her. it is totally possible to get your body back after 3 kids with hard work and clearly she has done that. she doesn't need to apologize for jack ****. the people throwing an uproar are probably overweight and jealous
  • mrspinky85
    mrspinky85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    For me, I was thinking at first that this phrase was jerky. Like the picture of the one leg man which I commented on and then I thought about the phrase "Whats your excuse?". Why am I big? Who do I have to blame? And what am I doing about it?

As someone who has been bullied and someone who is still big: I say, there are no excuse. I have arthritis so I go to water aerobics. I have GERD, a bad back, PTSD and a whole other host of things that I could feel sorry for myself and sit on the couch and eat ice cream.

Whatever is holding you back there are ways around these things to get where you want to be. Is this lady saying you have to look like her? NO, I don't think so. But I do get the feeling that this generation is getting to the point of insanity with the victimizing and enabling. This society is getting too sensitive. We feel sorry for those who sit around with reasons and talk down those people who work hard (some people are saying she is rich and has help:SO WHAT).

**If you don't like something about yourself: whether it be education, health, work, relationships, spiritual. get out there and do something. Instead of judging these people, have you really asked your self" What are my excuses? And, what can I do about it?"
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    So... this woman has been in the news this week. Former model, 3 kids under 3, rockin' bod, posts this picture, and hate mail ensued.

kWGHBXL.jpg

Apparently, this has caused many people to get their proverbial panties in a bunch.
    They claim she's fat shaming.

Is she?
    Where is the line between fat shaming, health, and non-model reality?

What excuses have we made for ourselves?

What excuses do we continue to make?

Does she owe an apology?

I say no.

What if Hot mom's significant other earns a 7 figure quarterly bonus on top of a 7 figure salary, , can afford a team of child minders for each kid and not have a job to go to?

"Hot Mom" is basically saying that regardless of your circumstances, you should be embarrassed for not being fit, healthy and hot.

If ' hot mom' worked a job, was a full time parent as well as a full time employee, then maybe she could rightly say she found a way. For every day people, who is anyone to judge the reasons preventing a person from being hot,fit and healthy?

I don't think she's all that to be honest...I have had better.

lol you don't look like you would have had better. i don't believe that statement.
    do some research and see what you find out about her. you may be surprised.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    hell to the no-people get way to involved in other peoples lives! She looks great and good for her!

She does not need to apologize to anyone...

Having said that, she decided to involve herself in others lives by asking them what their excuse was.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    She has two businesses and gets up at 6am to get to the gym by 6:30 and is home around 7:30am. She just makes it a priority. It doesn't have to take hours a day to get fit. You don't even have to do it at the gym.
  • Sweetnothing78
    Sweetnothing78 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Does she look good? Yes. Does that take a lot of hard work and dedication? Yes. Does she deserve props for that?

Yes. However upon seeing this model's(her occupation was mentioned in an article) picture I had a few more questions. Does she have a personal trainer? Does she have a maid? Does she have a cook? Does she have a nanny? If yes to any of the above then she isn't actually in the same position as the average mom trying to lose the baby weight. So to compare apples and oranges wouldn't be fair. The other question that came up for me as a mother- Why take a sexy picture with your children? It seemed like it belonged on the awkward family photo site.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1117648-why-is-this-even-remotely-controversial

To repeat:

“I'm sorry you took an image and resonated with it in such a negative way. I won't go into details that I struggled with my genetics, had an eating disorder, work full time owning two businesses, have no nanny, am not naturally skinny and do not work as a personal trainer,” she wrote, in part. “What I WILL say is this. What you interpret is not MY fault. It's yours. The first step in owning your life, your body and your destiny is to OWN the thoughts that come out of your own head. I didn't create them. You created them. So if you want to continue ‘hating’ this image, get used to hating many other things for the rest of your life.”
  • EllenKay63
    EllenKay63 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between "What's Your Excuse" and "Just Do It" ? I say no she doesn't apoloize and instead of wishing I look like that ----Make myself look like that. ----Or eat the box of Ho Ho's:huh:
  • MontrealBeerLover
    Options

To repeat:

This is the best wording for it. I like how people just created things about her. It always starts with "Well she must..." and then some assumption. I'm sorry, you don't know this woman, so you can't just assume she's had life easy and that it had been easy for her to do this. Many people want to believe it was easy for her, because they don't want to accept that they can do this themselves if they put some hard work into it like she has.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,336 Member
    Options
    NO, she doesn't owe anyone an apology cuz she was NOT saying, "NYAH! I'm hot, you're not and never will be." What she was saying was, "Hey, if I can get it done, what's stopping you? Quit making excuses for yourself to stay unhealthy."

Pretty much we've all been guilty at one time or another. But the truth is...if you really, truly want to get fit, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll just continue hiding behind the excuses.
  • leduque
    leduque Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just proves the point....A hater is gonna hate!
  • SummerNights32
    SummerNights32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It is not fat-hating, it is motivation!!! People need better things to do with their time than get online and bash someone like her!