Does "Hot Mom" Need to Apologize?

Options

Replies

• jcmrax5
    jcmrax5 Posts: 133
    Options
    I think it's fat shaming, personally. I agree with the person above who said that it's not necessarily an excuse, but a different priority for a lot of people... And IMO it's not her place to label people's priorities as 'excuses'. And looking like she does really is not necessary to be healthy (and probably impossible for a lot of women).. so I think it's a bit uncalled for.

For what it's worth, I found her apology even worse, lol.

This. I dont need an apology because i really dont care. she is working hard and she deserves to be proud. but she has totally different priorities then I do. just because i dont look like her and probably dont want to, doesnt mean its an excuse.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Anyone who's been alive and paying attention for the last twenty five years or so know that there are groups of people who do nothing but wait to be offended by something See current Washington Redskins outrage du jour, for one.

Bunch of whiny, lazy, coddled malcontents
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Fat shaming. . . pfft. Damn straight. Needs to be shamed. If anything we need more shame. A lot more shame, None of this, "Just be happy" or "Love yourself" bovine scatology. Bring back the pillories, I say (ok, not really, but we need to stop accepting this as the "new" normal

Fat people (myself included) are fat because they continue to make the decisions that make them fat. Period.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm just amazed that this was all over the news like it was.....news. I despise the tv media at times. Okay most of the time. Okay, most media outlets too.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I've never seen nor heard of her/this before.. I guess it's not newsworthy stuff for Australians. Thank goodness!
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    alot of fat people always need to look down on fit people to feel better about themzelf.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I just came from a party with a lady who has a similar figure and could put make up and get her hair done to look just as "hot" and she also has 3 very young kids.

She would never do something like this because she is a genuinely nice person and not judgemental at all but mature and understanding. I'm sorry this lady is getting so much backlash but I hope it's a lesson learned. It's so sad that social media makes all our mistakes stick forever and ever and ever. It would have been nicer in the past when there were no such things and this would have been a snotty comment at a party and people would have bickered for a bit but it'd be forgotten by now. This is the 2nd thread on this topic and I've heard of radio and other sites it's a thing and I just think it's like the most #firstworldproblems thing i've ever seen and I'm not impressed. At some point I have to wonder if somebody should be apologising to "hot mom" for not being a better friend and telling her this could only lead to bad things. A parent or family member even. It's not worth the grief if you ask me. NOBODY I know personally would have done it. The language is too blamey. The kids are too exploity of a touch. The whole thing is just too in your face. It's just not good form. I'm happy for her for being all thin after her kids but it's not that miraculous I see it all the time. So it just seems so contrived is all.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why this is controvrisial at all. Take a look at yourself and your goals in life. Who are you, what are your goals and what is your excuse for not achieving them? It appears that one of her goals it to be fit and she has achieved that. Why the hate?

I think those that are upset about her picture either don't have goals or are comforted by their excuses for not achieving their goals.

No where in that picture does she say her goals are my goals.

And fat shaming? Really? Sorry, but you don't get a medal for being fat. Unless you have a serious illness, it is your fault and you should own up to it and take responsibility.

I was the fat kid in school and was the one who everone made fun of. Nothing changed for me until I took responsibility for my actions and stopped feeling sorry for myself and blaming others for my own actions.

Take control of your lives!
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't think she needs to apologize. But, like others have said, her priorities are not mine. I am a lawyer that works 60 hours a week, sit on a non-profit board, chair several committees, and have kids, too. I could say "what's your excuse" too. Just b/c her priority is working out and mine is work doesn't mean that I am some jealous hater. I workout and prioritize eating well to keep well enough, but my priority will never be "fitness blogging" or pasting my mug on FB in a belly shirt. Different strokes and all that. I am good with what I have accomplished even if it's not a six pack.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how much people are reading into this one lady's photo. It's not a caption I would ever put on a photo of mine. But, it's not uncommon to see photos and captions like that on the internet. It's just a photo with a few words on it. It's the internet.
  • MalindaLeigh714
    MalindaLeigh714 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hell no she doesn't! She busted her *kitten* to look like that. Talk about a country of fat *kitten*, getting offended by someone in shape. Smh
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Heh I thought it was asking what's my excuse for not pumping out three babies, not pumping weights.
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    No she should not apologize! She works hard at taking care of her body, love it!

As a poster - I find this motivating!
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Heh I thought it was asking what's my excuse for not pumping out three babies, not pumping weights.

HAAHAA!!!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    We all have things in life that we haven't accomplished, including Hot Mom. She's just very happy with herself, and more power to her.
  • Nimnyn
    Nimnyn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome that she can be that fit after having three babies, but not everyone has the same situation that she does. Lots of women don't have the same drive, the same knowledge about fitness, some/any support system, and many women suffer from post-partum. I do think that the statement added to her picture is unnecessarily confrontational, which just makes people defensive and not open to the message that she *could* share.
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Apologize for what? I think she's great! I don't feel "threatened" to have her awesome abs. But as a woman who has had one child and returned to a pretty fit physique (better than my pre pregnancy body with 20.5 BMI) and pregnant with my second, her message is extremely encouraging.

Growing up, my (obese...and currently obese) mom always told me that once I had kids, I would be fat just like her and all my aunts/cousins too--"It's genetic." I have learned through healthy eating and exercising (entirely NOT how I was raised)--my mom's (and largely, society's) doomsday message about getting fat due to pregnancy/motherhood is simply not true.

Obesity is not genetic. Bad choices in lifestyle are not genetic. Thank the Lord for that! And I give Hot Mom a big high five for proving to all us moms otherwise!! ROLE MODEL!
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    no
  • branfran2011
    Options

^^^This! I had to read it a couple of times before it sunk in that she meant the working out thing.
  • Kennesaw24
    Kennesaw24 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Had to chime in again... LOL

AND....

We have to stop enabling people. Half of the problem is that we are so worried about hurting someone feeling we accept obesity, We accept laziness, We accept much lower standards in all aspects of life.

//

Amen.