Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

My Mom has been out here and we did an over 10,000 step day Thursday. I got over 9,000 yesterday but now my neck and back are bothering me so I guess I’ll have to take it easy today and watch football all day.:devil: Hopefully I’ll feel better later and get some strength training in.

e0c5fabb-fbac-4caf-8214-fe05912e8f65_zps46d3fe60.jpg

4b1f4d21-d8de-41ac-994b-a1137e5641a4_zps6b6fabde.jpg

Quote of the day: “If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.” ~Unknown

Have a healthy day
    Tom
  • friedasofia
    Options
    Hi everybody! I humbly come back to MFP - I've been a bad girl......lazy, unmotivated, weight up and down. Need to buckle down and get back on track. I know this works for me, helps me keep focused and working towards my BIG goal.......a long term goal. I know if I can lose 2-4 or 5lbs a week, that's good for me.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @tom--it's great that you're getting in so many steps while visiting with your mom. Great pictures and I love today's quote as well! :smile:

@alupinsk--yes, I teach HS English--11th and 12th grade, honors and AP respectively. I was the same way with clothes--had stuff from size 18 down to 12 in my closet. I was also lucky b/c my sister was also losing weight and has consistently stayed about one size smaller, so gives me all of her clothes once they're too big. She's about 3" shorter, but wears heels a lot so her pants are still long enough for me. I avoided buying clothes when the weight was coming off more quickly, and only shopped at Good Will for the necessities. My 1st summer on MFP, I bought 3 or 4 pair of capri pants at GW--I bought them in June and by Sept, they were falling off, so I'm sure glad I only spent a few bucks on each pair.

@susan--congrats on your 2nd Color Me Rad 5k!! :drinker:

@kaye--I agree you made the right decision about the dog. If he was unsafe around the kids, it's probably b/c their play and movement made him anxious. He deserves to be in an environment where he can be comfortable, just as you and your grands deserve to feel safe in your home. Since your DIL wasn't willing to keep the dog upstairs due to the cats, it sounds like he wasn't her priority. Your decision to no longer allow her to keep the dog in the house pushed her to make a choice she should have made long ago--a choice that makes sense for all involved, including the dog.

Sunday Share:
    For the newer folks, I'm Karen--married from Chicago. DH and I live in the suburbs now with our almost 8 y/o boxer/shepherd mix, Gunner. I teach HS English which I love (though I don't always love the grading :grumble: ).

Grading goals:
    1. x/73 AP essays
    2. annotate poem for Tuesday's lesson
    3. 50/73 AP test corrections
    4. x/55 Junior in-class essays (student teacher will do these)

Exercise goals:
    Mon-walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and elliptical) DONE
    Thurs--rest day (going to dinner and a play straight from work)
    Fri--walk gunner DONE
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) NOT DONE
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift and run 5k)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 90
    Dead lift = 65
    Squat = 55
    Overhead press = 45

Upright row = 35 (kettle bell)
    Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 80
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    great idea on the working off your hallowe'en candy--that might make me more accountable, and less likely to just eat the bag to get it out of the house. :))
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon friends. My internet was down for the last couple days but I just got done reading the posts and it looks like everyone is doing Pretty great. I have been doing well the last couple days. Yesterday was my 41st b-day and my family threw me a surprise party which was wonderful. They totally got me. I never saw it coming. I am happy to say I am starting 41 at 81 pounds lighter then I was on my 40th. As a visual I was saying yesterday that I have lost the equivalant of my 10 year old neice off my body. It is pretty amazing when you put it into a context like that. Well I hope everyone has a great day and a special shout out to Laurie. I hope your tri is super awesome and you have a great time.:heart::drinker:
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I humbly come back to MFP - I've been a bad girl......lazy, unmotivated, weight up and down. Need to buckle down and get back on track. I know this works for me, helps me keep focused and working towards my BIG goal.......a long term goal. I know if I can lose 2-4 or 5lbs a week, that's good for me.

you are not 'bad', just human. I am in the same boat
  • Leighwixo
    Leighwixo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great job, I know it's a lot of hard work, you have shown you can do it.
    This was a response to Frau Haas
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    jt- Happy Birthday. A surprise birthday party that is awesome. 81 pounds lighter that is even better congrats on reaching that goal. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

It's official I am a tri-athlete at 43.

The indoor triathlon was fun and I will do it again in April I think. It was very interesting. I wish they were only swimming 5 people at a time instead of 10 that way we would not have to share lanes. The lanes were smaller than I was use to and the water was a little more choppy for a pool than I like. It did not help that my arms felt like lead during the swim. I would have done back stroke more but I did not want to hit my friend swimming next to me. I did manage to complete 13 lengths about 325M in 10 minutes. Then we went right up to the bike and it was a different spin bike than I was use to so I could not tell where the resistance was set. I think it was easier than I normally set it consequently, I only ended up completing 8.5 miles in the 30 min. I was really hoping for 14-15 miles. I was happy with my run, since I completed 1.62 miles in 20 min. Again the treadmill was the latest version so I had no idea how to set it and no time to play with it. So I started off a little slower than I would have liked but was able to pick it up at the end. About 60 people participated in this event and the gym was huge. Overall, I did enjoy this experience and I am pleased with my performance but I could have done better. This will help to set my training goals for the next few months.

They have indoor and outdoor pools with water slides, a couple of different levels and a rock wall that I did not try wrong shoes. I decided that I like my little gym since I would feel lost in a place like that but then again it would be great if I could do everything in one place. Next time, I will bug my co-worker to take me with her when she goes to the gym so I can learn the equipment first before the next triathlon. Other lesson, practice swimming with a swim cap since the first time I put it on it gave me a headache.

I should sleep well tonight since I am tired from today's activity.

Plan for the week
    Sunday- Triathlon DONE
    Monday- Trainer
    Tuesday- Rest
    Wednesday-Gym or Rest
    Thursday- Gym
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday-Water aerobics

I do have papers to grade but just don't feel like it tonight.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--congrats on becoming a triathlete!! :drinker: I'm so proud of you!! I don't blame you for not grading papers tonight--you absolutely earned a night off!

@tammy--happy, happy birthday!!! :flowerforyou:

AFM--I went to the gym and it was almost empty, so I had the entire lifting area to myself. That was really nice, and I was able to get through every strength exercise--I usually rotate the lifts in and out depending upon how much time I have and which equipment is available. I lowered my bench press b/c I was struggling to complete my 5x5 at 90 lbs--I know 25 lbs is a big drop, but I feel like I really need to work on form with that lift, as I was starting to get some lower back pain while lifting 90. I was able to increase my squat from 55 to 60, and the bar-only OHP felt really easy today. I will probably increase that to 50 lbs next time. I've also started adding a 10 lb plate to my ab work to make it more of a challenge--I can already feel it. :happy:

I was planning to run a full 5k, but after such a lengthy strength session, I was kind of tired. Also, my knee has been bothering me all week, so I opted to do HIIT on the stationary bike instead. Did a full 30 minutes, so about 8 miles. :smile:

I had to complete my student teacher's midterm evaluation, so I only graded 3 essays--only 70 to go. :sad:

Grading goals:
    1. 3/73 AP essays
    2. annotate poem for Tuesday's lesson
    3. 50/73 AP test corrections
    4. x/55 Junior in-class essays (student teacher will do these)

Exercise goals:
    Mon-walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and elliptical) DONE
    Thurs--rest day (going to dinner and a play straight from work)
    Fri--walk gunner DONE
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) NOT DONE
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 65
    Dead lift = 65
    Squat = 60
    Overhead press = 45

Upright row = 40 (kettle bell)
    Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 80
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Laurie--Congratulations on the successful completion of you triathlon.
    Today was a success as I was able to attend son's birthday dinner and stay under my calorie goal. I also got in my hour walk.
    My end-of-day assessment keeps having me down around 170# in 5 weeks. The weight is coming off so slowly that I can't really see that happening, but I surely wish it would!
    Tammy--Happy Birthday.
    Marsha--Welcome back! You have been missed.
    Fau Haas--Good pictures. I think it is time for me to take some more. It is very nice to see the difference.
    Hoping a great week for everyone!
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Frau Haas - Great before and after pix -

Tom - nice skinny pix of you and your mom - wow - you've changed!

Susan - congrats on the Color Run - its sounds like so much fun - but how does someone with asthma cope?

Laurie - and congrats to you too on your triathalon -- a new PR and PB and just a big WOW!

Marsha - happy to see you back - journalling is so helpful in maintenance I think a lot of us have found out we need that !

Welcome to any newcomers - this is a wonderful place to talk about yourself and get feedback from a lot of people!

I had a real quiet weekend - I still feel run down from my throat infection so just cleaned house, did laundry and watched TV.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    This thread does mover super fast...

Well this weekend was interesting as always. Had a bunch of friends come into NYC from out of town, so Saturday most of my calories went to beer... lots and lots of beers. BUT I did get a lifting session in, and Sunday I took the boys out apple and pumpkin picking so it was not a total bumb of a weekend.

Tonight I am doing my last 5/3/1 workout I think... it is a light session of some deadlifts. Tonight my Giants play, so far this season could not be more disapointing, so I am not expecting much but looking forward to watching none the less.

Lauriek70 - Awesome job on your indoor triathalon... some minor hiccups but sounds like you put in a performance to be proud of!

skinnyjeanzbo - Few things I like better then the weight room to myself! Something I might miss about 5am workouts! Sounds like your working your routine well. Stonglifts 5x5? The thing I liked about that routine was squats every workout! Good thinking on the bench press form, your lower back should really just be along for the ride other then being part of keeping your core tight through the lift
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    It was a good weekend. Went on a long (5 mile) walk with a friend on Saturday then took it easy and did a 2 mile walk with the dog on Sunday. We went to see Gravity in 3-D. WOW! I felt like I'd had a workout by the end of the film. It's an intense 90 minute edge of your seat thriller.

I cannot believe that November is only 10 days away. I need to start strategizing on controlling my calories during the holidays. It's so hard with all the parties and events going on, but I'm determined to stay on track.

Anyone of you who have been on your weight loss journey for over a year have suggestions that worked for you? I'd love to hear them.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanz - That's awesome! :)

I'll introduce myself as I'm new and plan to stick around a while.

I'm Aimee. 24. Live in Ohio with my dog. Not married, no kids. I work 3 jobs--Public Library Reference Librarian, 3rd shift backroom ***** at WalMart, and editor for a college prep company. I started at 305 pounds (or that was when I bought my scale...), and am currently at 260 as of yesterday's weigh-in. I have been seriously dieting and working out for about 2 months now, but I feel myself starting to slip up. I'm still within my daily calories, but I feel myself getting hungry more. (This could be the food addiction/boredom talking.) My goal is to be around 155, which would be a total loss of 150 pounds. I would settle for anywhere in the 100s. I haven't seen the 100s in about 10 years, which would be interesting for me to rediscover.

I fully admit I battle with a food addiction, which I'm trying to win against. I feel as though I went to bed one night at a happy 220, and woke up 3 years later at 300. I don't remember putting on all that weight, but it scares me, and I don't want to be that big again. I appreciate your support, and I have a long hard journey ahead of me so I'm thanking you all in advance. I'm glad we're here for each other.

#endsappiness
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share: My name is Tracy. I work out of my home in Bismarck, ND. I have a hubby and two kids that keep me busy most nights. I am officially back to my lowest weight since starting MFP (summer didn't go well at all).

Monday: Tough Sunday for me. My mom and I usually go out for brunch after church and I do really good by having breakfast. We went to a German restaurant and the fleishkeukle and knoefle soup beckoned me. Add to that the supper of pork chops and brown rice, didn't get me within my calorie range, but I know that it was just a blip on the screen and am back at it today.

@Laurie - glad you liked your Tri. Now you know what to expect the next time.
    @Gorilla -- don't worry, you are playing my Vikings tonight -- could actually be a competitive game :sad:
    @Fau Hass – Love the pictures. Wish I could see as much of a difference as you are (especially in the face – the difference is amazing!)
    @Tammy – happy belated birthday! :flowerforyou:

Friday Lifting was:
    Squats – 75
    Bench – 60
    Bent over Rows – 60

Tonight Lifting will be:
    Squats – 80
    Overhead – 65 (I made 60, but we’ll see about 65)
    Deadlift - 105

Exercise Goals:
    Monday – heavy lifting / Water Aerobics DONE
    Tuesday- rest (actually went shopping for 4 hours – that’s a lot of walking!!)
    Wednesday – heavy lifting DONE
    Thursday – cardio “something” NOT DONE
    Friday – heavy lifting DONE
    Saturday – family activity out and about DONE
    Sunday – rest DONE

This week:
    Monday – heavy lifting / Water Aerobics
    Tuesday – rest
    Wednesday – heavy lifting
    Thursday – walk while my daughter has skating lessons (1 hour)
    Friday – heavy lifting
    Saturday – rest
    Sunday – Halloween night at church (I’m serving so I’ll be on my feet for 3 hours)
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Laurie~Congrats on the tri, you did great – amazing accomplishment!

@Tammy~Happy belated birthday!

@Susan~Happy birthday to you (yesterday)!

Welcome to the newlings – you have found the best, most supportive thread on MFP so check back often.

AFM~I may not be around much over the next week or so, my grandmother is losing her battle – news came down yesterday and its hour to hour. I’m not sure what the week will bring, docs aren’t optimistic past this week. :sad: Still managing to get my workouts in and worked out with my trainer yesterday, it’s a good distraction. I’m not eating much and haven’t slept since about Friday, I’m exhausted – doing the best I can right now. So, for now I’m here in spirit.
  • rosebudvec
    Options
    just got started on here !!! so far so good!!!! 100 p to go
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Tammy - happy belated Birthday -

Susan - Happy Birthday to you as well

Kah - I'm so sorry for you and your grandmother. I'll be praying for both of you. Hope God is gentle.

Rosebud - welcome - keep on posting.

Wish I had some zip. Its so good to read the thread when you're not feeling well - it really pulls you through your day and moves you along. Wishing everyone well - Have a great day!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends. First KAh my heart goes out to you and your family. I hope she is able to go gently and you are all able to lean on and support each other. It is a horrible time to go through:sad: . Ty everyone for the b-day wishes. It has been a great weekend all the way around. Today is the get the hubby ready to go day. Weather permitting he flies back to work tomorrow and will be back home the first or second week of December. I am going to jump on the recumbent bike he got me for my b-day and then some housework while he is in Seattle signing his contract and then we are going over to my parents to play cards this afternoon. Tonight will be getting his bag packed and then he will probably fly out first thing tomorrow morning. Most of his flights up are early morning and the flights home always seem to be overnight. My plan is to use my new bike every morning and then walk the dogs in the afternoon. I hope to get my gym membership back next month and then I will add in some strength training again. My eating has started off a little shaky this morning. I woke up starving and went straight to my brothers to get the kids off to school so didnt have my good choices available so ate some junk. It is early yet though so still correctable. I hope everyone has a great day and we are able to kick this week off right.:bigsmile: :heart: :drinker:
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all!
    Let's see, worked an 11 hour shift on my feet yesterday w/ no breaks. So I was tired. I slid my exercise down to just a 45 min walk to get to my 10,000 steps. The funny thing was, on Saturday, I increased my weights when I do lunges. So every time on Sunday I needed to crouch or sit, my knees would just drop me because they were still putty. People would look at me like I was deranged. ROFLOL!
    I just wanted to restate... I love the exercise that I get from Zumba! It's hard and fun and I sweat. lol! But I don't get any muscle fatigue or burn. So I don't think I'm building any muscle, just toning. So I'm going to do both. :happy: My endurance and energy level is increasing every time I do it!
    I gained a pound back AGAIN (lost and gained it twice already in the last 2 weeks) and I don't know how.... I think I'm going to leave everything alone and see how this resolves itself w/ the changes I made. (Since I'm losing on the tape measure.) My official weigh day is Thursday anyways. :wink:
    Happy Birthday Tammy and Susan! Hope you enjoyed you day!
    Laurie, a triathlon... Awesome!
    KAh, I am sorry about your grandmother. My thoughts are w/ you and your family.