lol @ eating donuts

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I can't take anyone (OP) seriously who seems to think there was no cancer before food additives happened.

Woah. I must have missed that particular snippet.

Out for the OP, in for the Red Velvet Pop-tarts!!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I can't take anyone (OP) seriously who seems to think there was no cancer before food additives happened.

Woah. I must have missed that particular snippet.

It's in the other thread. He said the additives cause cancer and his "evidence" was that "a lot of people have cancer."
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm not ripped by any means, but have lost weight eating all of the things I know and love. My diet has yet to become " healthy " as I'm still struggling on finding healthy meals that I enjoy. I dont even like healthy snack bars!

BMI of 19. Eating donuts and takeaways. Nom nom. Too small for my size 6 clothes and need to go out tomorrow and buy a whole new wardrobe. And fitting into my jeans was my goal. Now I cant even wear them ! lol
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Goodness, how many catfish do you have, OP? I remember you.

Now get it over with. Tell me again how I got cancer from my diet and/or that I'm old.

I will be over here eating a Bavarian Cream and drinking a cup of black coffee waiting for the PM.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    In for GIFs.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    While I also tire of the IIFYM crowd posting as if they live off junk food and posting pics of ridiculously high calorie foods, I do not for one second believe that all I need to do is eat 5 meals a day that are low fat, moderate carbs and high protein and my abs will magically look like the OP's.

Well, I didn't read through the whole thread (all the gifs hurt my eyes), but...

Obviously the OP has a dedicated weight regimen. It's not hard for me to believe he eschews Pop-Tarts, ice cream, and the like (since I've done it myself in the past, and many don't worship those types of foods to the extent that some seem to do here), since the extra carbs, sugar, etc. don't really help you look any better (even if they don't hinder you).

I see many posting cute pics and memes, but can we see an example of someone with a fit body that eats thousands of calories a week of this "bad" (to some) food? I'm not talking just about being "not overweight." Maybe some of us want a little more than that. Why can't some of these Pop-Tart eaters show pics of their abs?

If we can get ripped eating "empty" calories, please educate us.

Actually, a lot of the self-proclaimed pop-tart (or other junk food) eaters are quite ripped. The peeve I have is that they routinely posts as if they eat junk as the mainstay of their diet, when in fact, it is a very tiny part of their diet. It's the "Look at me, I'm fit and eat a lot of junk" misrepresentation that I don't understand.

Define "very tiny part". Is ice cream daily very tiny? Fast food a few times a week? Very tiny seems like a real undefined kind of arbitrary statement. Can we get a percentage so that the ripped IIFYM people can decide who fits and who doesn't?
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    While I also tire of the IIFYM crowd posting as if they live off junk food and posting pics of ridiculously high calorie foods, I do not for one second believe that all I need to do is eat 5 meals a day that are low fat, moderate carbs and high protein and my abs will magically look like the OP's.

Well, I didn't read through the whole thread (all the gifs hurt my eyes), but...

Obviously the OP has a dedicated weight regimen. It's not hard for me to believe he eschews Pop-Tarts, ice cream, and the like (since I've done it myself in the past, and many don't worship those types of foods to the extent that some seem to do here), since the extra carbs, sugar, etc. don't really help you look any better (even if they don't hinder you).

I see many posting cute pics and memes, but can we see an example of someone with a fit body that eats thousands of calories a week of this "bad" (to some) food? I'm not talking just about being "not overweight." Maybe some of us want a little more than that. Why can't some of these Pop-Tart eaters show pics of their abs?

Actually, a lot of the self-proclaimed pop-tart (or other junk food) eaters are quite ripped. The peeve I have is that they routinely posts as if they eat junk as the mainstay of their diet, when in fact, it is a very tiny part of their diet. It's the "Look at me, I'm fit and eat a lot of junk" misrepresentation that I don't understand.

Define "very tiny part". Is ice cream daily very tiny? Fast food a few times a week? Very tiny seems like a real undefined kind of arbitrary statement. Can we get a percentage so that the ripped IIFYM people can decide who fits and who doesn't?

Well, I'm sure the "ripped" ones are hiding, and waiting for me to fulfill the burden of proof, but I certainly know where to find the "unripped" ones.
  • mud7urtle
    mud7urtle Posts: 500
    Options

This is actually a very good point.

When I was actually leaning out on full 500 cal deficit.. I had 1-2 snickers ice cream a week and some taco bell every sunday and the rest of my food was chicken, greek yogurt, egg whites, veggies, kashi cereal, tuna, whey, turkey, cottage cheese. Those food choices simply helped me to hit macros/micros. they also made me feel more satieted.

However, It is still a game of macros/micros.. "clean" foods just make it 10x easier.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options

Maybe half the calories? The actual sketchy eaters do tend to be on weight loss plans. Eating a half cup of ice cream after chicken breast and broccoli is not worth talking about.
  • Achrya
    Options

Well, I'm sure the "ripped" ones are hiding, and waiting for me to fulfill the burden of proof, but I certainly know where to find the "unripped" ones.

Does that mean you lack an clear view of what is considered a tiny part?

Maybe I could help you on your quest to find ripped people of that nature if I knew the parameters. I assume your desire to see such people was genuine, but perhaps I was wrong.
  • Achrya
    Options

Maybe half the calories? The actual sketchy eaters do tend to be on weight loss plans. Eating a half cup of ice cream after chicken breast and broccoli is not worth talking about.

What? Anything less than half their diet is "tiny"?
  • jwdieter
    Options

If you want to argue about the definition of "tiny", go for it.

The point is that a lot of people are eating mostly food they don't talk about, and talking about food they don't eat particularly much of. Food bragging is pretty common, and pretty silly in most cases.

Then you look at, say, magerum's diary and he's actually eating what he's talking about.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

But if you eat a half cup of ice cream every night, that isn't so tiny. It's incorporating what you enjoy into your meal plan DAILY and still achieving your goals.
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    The point is that a lot of people are eating mostly food they don't talk about, and talking about food they don't eat particularly much of. Food bragging is pretty common, and pretty silly in most cases.

So then I must be the exception being that essentially all of my fats/carbs are derived from donuts.

Of course it's silly, and people like silly.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

I eat pop-tarts and bacon daily and I also consume donuts, sugary cereal & ice cream on a weekly basis. All of these foods are eaten at night time (8-10pm) post workout and right before bed. :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Options

If you want to argue about the definition of "tiny", go for it.

Then you look at, say, magerum's diary and he's actually eating what he's talking about.

It was implied that the ripped people following IIFYM only eat a tiny portion of their calories from so called junk. I asked specifically what tiny is an your response is "half." That goes from tiny to majority in one giant leap.

So now we're saying if half the diet isn't 'junk' it's silly and food bragging. So if it's 10% or 15%, that's not a large enough percentage?
  • jwdieter
    Options

So then I must be the exception being that essentially all of my fats/carbs are derived from donuts.
    Of course it's silly, and people like silly.

I agree, and there's a great forum for silly on this site. "General diet and weight loss help" isn't particularly served by pictures of fried butter or whatever catches the fancy of someone who isn't hurting for calories. I eat ~3000, and it's completely pointless to tell these poor random folks trying to lose weight what I'm eating.

Anyway, I'm on board with IIFYM. But I don't think food brags help people much. Shrugs.
  • mud7urtle
    Options

I agree, and there's a great forum for silly on this site. "General diet and weight loss help" isn't particularly served by pictures of fried butter or whatever catches the fancy of someone who isn't hurting for calories. I eat ~3000, and it's completely pointless to tell these poor random folks trying to lose weight what I'm eating.

Anyway, I'm on board with IIFYM. But I don't think food brags help people much. Shrugs.

Anything that brings joy I am a fan of

and it seems to bring joy. Shrugs
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I wish I was a man...I would love to be able to eat that much...