Pregnancy 2010 - October

Replies

• kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm 8 weeks 1 day with my third baby. I have a six year old daughter and a 3 year old. I am so excited, but impatient, the first trimester always drags for me...

I've been on MFP for probably close to three years. Started it after my second daughter was born. It helped me get rid of the extra pounds that I'd put on with the first two pregnancies. It was hard, and I was happy to have reached my goal and now the thought of putting the pregnancy weight back on is, well, scaring me a bit I guess...
    Also, three weeks ago I damaged some ligaments in my knee STUPIDLY overdoing it at the gym (careful out there to all who are working out during this time. those warnings about weaker ligaments are true) and haven't been able to exercise. Today I meet with a physio to see what my options are.

I've made calorie counting and fitness part of my daily routines and am now trying to figure out how to fit that into being pregnant. I've gone to maintenance for the first trimester and if I go over 100 calories give or take I'm not going to stress. I just realllllyyyy love to eat and I never get MS, just hungry every two hours! After the 12th week I plan on adding in those 300-500 calories. I am already up 3 pounds, I think I'm doing better than my other pregnancies which ended with an extra 40 each. I know I have to relax and enjoy this time, but I'm finding it hard to do.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress during this exciting time! And congrats to the mom's of those adorable little babies!

Where did you guys get those cool baby-gaga tickers?
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Just checking in with my exercise for the day. Today I was watching Millionaire Matchmaker and just kept on going. I walked 5.25 miles and burned 632 calories. 387.75 miles to go!

Hope your weeks are all off to a good start!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Just checking in with my exercise for the day. Today I was watching Millionaire Matchmaker and just kept on going. I walked 5.25 miles and burned 632 calories. 387.75 miles to go!

great job!! Keep it up! I need to get back into the swing of things and start walking again...uuuggghhh where's the motivation I had before pregnant...!??!?
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    I am 33 weeks and found out at about 29 weeks that I have Gestational diabetes. I had gained 26 pounds before that. I have since lost 1 pound. My doctor put me on a low carb diet and I am also taking a pill to control my sugar levels. Anyone else have Gestational Diabetes?
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Kelly--I had GD my last pregnancy and so am going to be tested in a week and a half for it again. I am sure that I will be on the diet again. So much so that I am already attempting to watch what I eat and check my sugars. My son (last PG) was 7lbs 13 oz, and a week early. But I watched my carbs religiously. I had a lot of eggs for my protein and made sure that my carbs were in limit even if they weren't the healthiest of carbs. (I once had a donut, 45 carbs, and an omelet for lunch. It was soooo good!!) Remember also that vegetables are freebies. They don't count against you. I am attempting to eat more vegies now--make it a better habit. :wink: Take care and know you can do it!

My motivation went out the window a few weeks before I got pregnant. Getting it back has been almost impossible!! I am actually in the process of going through my life goals--I need to eat healthier especially now. The book transformation by Bill Phillips has been extremely motivating for me. I got it from the library, but may need to buy it now....
  • Just checking in and Welcome to all those girls that have joined this board. Support here is great and the freedom to ask any question is why this group makes it so easy to track on MFP and feel good about my pregnancy.

Okay I haven't weighed in yet but I will Thursday. Thanks to those that are still fitness minded you have re inspired me to log and I feel like I am doing better with the weight gain bc of it. Its raining and gloomy and impossible to go out and walk but I will try to do yoga video this week. I have discovered that I am not capable of doing downward dog the regular way so modification is the only way I will get through it. Also I updated my belly shot. Good luck to the TTC girls and hoping for a health and enjoyable second trimester to the others.
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Good afternoon,

I just got back from my doctor's appointment (19 weeks) and I have definitely had a bit of a weight gain! 6 pounds this month, and I felt that it has been my best month for moving around and eating better (the last few haven't been so great)

I have to go be tested for gestational diabetes tomorrow morning, and my dr is referring my to a dietician, so I am very excited about that part as I know it will help because I'm just not sure how much to eat right now.

Has anyone else found that they've had a fast weight gain or anyone have advice on how to kinda curb mine. I know, obviously, that I am going to gain weight, I just really want to try and make it healthy weight (if that makes any sense??)

Thanks!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    sjmay--I completely understand. I will be 19 weeks when I am tested for GD too. My suggestions for healthy weight gain is to focus on the important foods. Protein, fruits and vegies. Also try eating about every 2-3 hours in small amounts. When you are on the GD diet you watch carbs so that you have small doses through the day. That will really help. The other thing is to remember to move--I have to remind myself to move Quite frequently as when you don't feel good moving doesn't either. I started doing a leslie sansome video for just 10 minutes (it is walking in place basicially) and when I do I feel much better! You don't have to do much, just a little at a time! My weight gain slowed once I started moving more, and once I remembered the vegies... Best of luck! Oh and by the way I gained 12 lbs in my first 12 weeks...:sad: :tongue:
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    I started walking on the threadmill yesterday and didn't think I was going to make it :ohwell: It's hard to get into exercising regularly again. I've been wearing my workout clothes since this morning, but have not done anything:tongue:
    Anyway, I need to take off the baby ticker but can't figure it out, any help?
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Yessie at least you moved girl. and got your clothes on. That is a start:smooched:
  • ckmama
    I've done 30 minutes of Wii just dance 2 today, have watched my calorie intake, not really what I ate, and am heading out for a 2 mile walk.

My feet are holding fluid really bad, but I haven't been drinking a lot of water. Only 2 glasses today so far.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Good morning everyone!

great job!! Keep it up! I need to get back into the swing of things and start walking again...uuuggghhh where's the motivation I had before pregnant...!??!?

Thanks so much! I am just back to it 3 days now so I hope I keep it up. I would love to have you join me! It would definitely help keep me motivated.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Kelly--I had GD my last pregnancy and so am going to be tested in a week and a half for it again. I am sure that I will be on the diet again. So much so that I am already attempting to watch what I eat and check my sugars. My son (last PG) was 7lbs 13 oz, and a week early. But I watched my carbs religiously. I had a lot of eggs for my protein and made sure that my carbs were in limit even if they weren't the healthiest of carbs. (I once had a donut, 45 carbs, and an omelet for lunch. It was soooo good!!) Remember also that vegetables are freebies. They don't count against you. I am attempting to eat more vegies now--make it a better habit. :wink: Take care and know you can do it!

My motivation went out the window a few weeks before I got pregnant. Getting it back has been almost impossible!! I am actually in the process of going through my life goals--I need to eat healthier especially now. The book transformation by Bill Phillips has been extremely motivating for me. I got it from the library, but may need to buy it now....

Thanks so much! I am a vegetarian so I eat a lot of veggies anyway. The hardest thing for me is getting enough protein. I have been eating eggs every morning for breakfast and lots of low carb veggie burgers. I did not have GD with my last two pregnancies and my last daughter was 9 pounds 3 ounces! I am really hoping this baby will not grow too large!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    I started walking on the threadmill yesterday and didn't think I was going to make it :ohwell: It's hard to get into exercising regularly again. I've been wearing my workout clothes since this morning, but have not done anything:tongue:
    Anyway, I need to take off the baby ticker but can't figure it out, any help?

Yessie, go to community, then click on signature. You want to delete the very bottom line, it should look like this

dev099ps___.png
  • I miss being pregnant :(

I'm trying to lose the baby weight. I miss my huge belly!!!
  • ckmama
    I woke up at 3 a.m. to do my potty break:laugh: right on time, but I couldn't go back to sleep. I started thinking about what the baby was doing:tongue:

Then I started thinking about what it is:ohwell:

Then I just couldn't go back to sleep, I couldn't get comfortable after that. Now I'm sleepy. YAWN:yawn:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    I go for my follow up NT Scan today, by now the doctor should definately be able to tell what it is. I hope it is still a girl but have a feeling it could be a boy. Oh please let it be a healthy little princess :happy:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    I love that so many newbies have joined the group. Welcome to everyone!

I had my second Dr. appt yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat. They said everything was right on track, and so far I have gained 1/2 lb. I hope to really keep the weight gain in check, but I need to start logging food again, and I need to get moving. I also was told that I will have my anatomy scan the first week of December, so I still have a LONG wait to find out the sex.

The last few days I have had debilitating headaches, but I forgot to ask the Dr. about them. They are almost like migranes, but Tylonol doesn't do anything to stop the pain. It hurts so bad I feel like my teeth are going to fall out. Has anyone else experienced really bad headaches during pregnancy?

I took a belly pic last week, just need to figure out how to post it!
  • ckmama
    I have them sometimes. They are caused by 1 of 2 things, blood pressure or hormones. Mine are usually hormone related.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    I have them sometimes. They are caused by 1 of 2 things, blood pressure or hormones. Mine are usually hormone related.

Really, that scares me. I get them all of the time and nothing seems to help. I had elevated blood pressure at my last appointment and have been getting quite swollen. Hmmm, I wonder if the doctor doing the scan can give me some insite. I don't see my OB until next Wednesday. I hope my blood pressure is okay today.