what are you proud of about yourself today?

Replies

• Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Did pull ups to failure today at work every hour... still hit the gym after work. And i'm under my calorie goal.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    I did a set of squats with the free weight bar not the machine! It was only the bar.. but it's JUST the beginning, I'd like to see how much I will be able to squat in the coming weeks.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 671 Member
    Today i was able to run 2 miles in 26 minutes without stopping. First time ever doing that. And bonus: I didn't feel like I was about to die at the end. I think my max HR was about 185!
  • I got through day 6 of Insanity
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    KirstenTheFamilyCoach Posts: 327 Member
    deadlifted 160 pounds. pretty damned proud of that today.:smokin:
  • lanauhlin
    lanauhlin Posts: 1
    This is my second day on this site, tracking my food and exersise - I already lost 2 lbs. I somehow found motivation to reduce my junk food intake, which was insane. My goal (in addition to losing 20 lbs) is to get to a stage when I can report zero junk food. Have not been able to do that in many year!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    I back squatted 155lbs 5x5...

...and i didn't kill my children.
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    I enrolled in a training program for vet techs. Age 30 (almost 31) and going back to school next month!

I also helped a disabled old lady behind me at checkout today. She was glad to have someone lift her groceries onto the belt for her, and I just felt like I did awesome things today.

I was in a McDonald's (not my choice but majority won), I LOVE McDonald's cheeseburgers, and I still ate something reasonable, filling, and under 400 calories. I don't even regret it, their wraps are tasty.

And I'm still going to do my 60 minutes of cardio!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    I hit a PR on Deadlifts today ..370 pounds!!!!! BOOM
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    I'm proud that I'm getting stronger. During my ChaLEAN Extreme workout I had to increase the dumbbells for my bicep curls from 12.5 to 15 pounds, because the 12.5 pound ones felt too light.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    I am super thrilled at the cals burnt to a crisp, the super sweat, the beet red face I get from manicuring my lawn to the ultra max. I LOVE it, such hard work for me and such a beautiful and lovely look of my yard--BOOM!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I'm in Chile and can at least speak Spanish well enough to please the shopkeepers who don't have to struggle with their own English.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    I won a tennis tournament today with wood racquets, and I burnt mega calories!
  • leholcomb
    leholcomb Posts: 146 Member
    I passed on a sample of cake at the grocery store. Small but also a victory for me. :)
  • Vinyarddog
    Vinyarddog Posts: 67
    I am back training hard with the big boys - 8 months after this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eBpNVEG2LI
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    I found a super amazing seed germinating in my garden and got some awesome pictures!
  • minionofevil
    minionofevil Posts: 79 Member
    I am proud of myself today because I am officially into the 140's today - i haven't seen 140 in 4 years! I was 180 when I started in dec (I waited until my son started solids at 9mo before trying to lose weight bc i am breastfeeding) and today i was 148.4!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Just reading your replies and I've got to say....YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! I'm sooooo proud of you all, reading your victories just bring a big ole smile to my face and joy to my heart! YAY YOU---WOOT!!!!!

:drinker: :love::heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :love::drinker:
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    That I completed my run with C25K - I was nervous I wouldn't be able to but I did it!
  • leanne0605
    leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
    Participated in my first 5k
  • nypa96
    nypa96 Posts: 30 Member
    That is really cool. I hope some day I can get to that point. I am happy today that I eat healthy 50% of the time. I know eventually I will increase to 90%. :)
  • my2kin04
    my2kin04 Posts: 69 Member
    I am proud that even though my scale says I have not changed in 2 weeks, even though I officially started 3 weeks ago, I am still working out.:ohwell:
  • pstutzman72
    pstutzman72 Posts: 1 Member
    Started out in a tight size 18 (refused to buy/wear 20's). Today I put on a pair of 14's with tags still on that were in a bin in my closet. They fit! Last time I "tried' them, they were about an inch shy from buttoning. Today they buttoned with no problem!

I only started logging at MFP recently when I got my Body Media band, but I am down 31.5 total. This seems to be the magic number as I have had numerous comments in the last week where people are noticing. My husband is also losing and he is down 35. When he hit around the 30 mark people started commenting as well. This gives me the oooomph to keep on going! :bigsmile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I'm GLAD that this is day 6 coffee free--no withdrawals, aches pains or any such thing! This is a HUGE success for me :drinker:
  • pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Yesterday there was free lunch at work and I did NOT grab a cookie. Also, today there's a pan of fresh brownies sitting in view of my desk and I haven't had one of those either!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    The family is enjoying pizza and soda...I could have had some, but had my planned dinner instead and not tempted in the least to join them (I'll have a pig out Thai Food day every other week or so) and am happy they are enjoying it! They're all slim and trim and this time next year, I'll be slim and trim too (God Willing :o)!!!!!!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,519 Member
    I went jogging this morning in 30 degree F weather
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Doing insanity even though I didn't want to
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 512 Member
    It's the weekend, it's four o'clock, and I still have 800 calories budgeted for dinner!
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    I made it to One-derland! Haven't been under 200 pounds in years, and it feels great to be there! Everyone should be proud of what you've done today too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!