Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    @skinny...I feel ya. It will be 2 years "on plan" for me December 27th....the first year the weight came off a lot faster with Weight Watchers. Once I came to MFP, it was hard to reenact the same calorie count that I had with Points Plus. I just can't go back to counting points now that I'm comfortable with calories. I do know that I was much more focused on fruits and veggies on WW than I am now. I was probably eating more like 1500 on WW...now I've played with 1800 and 1700 and I think that is about where I need to be, but I CHEAT! I'm a cheater, there I said it LOL I'm honest in my diary but I am never firm enough with myself and that daily goal. *sigh* I think it has to do with the accountability of the weigh ins on WW vs. weigh when I want at home with no one to see it is up but me. So for now, I am succeeding in my own little pattern...5 up, 6 down...2 up, 3 down. It's all good as long as the downs are bigger than the ups (water weight) and I don't lose patience! ;)

I also have tried to get into lifting...I dropped my gym membership this March, but have a weight set in the garage that I should be using. Can't seem to get motivated on the weight lifting...not sure why because I *know* it's what I need to be doing. It's great to see so many on this thread are getting into lifting.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @carla--at least you are still trending downward. I've been stuck within the same 187-192 range for months with no overall loss at all. At least I haven't gained and I'm making progress with my running pace and lifting. I try to use those as goals and not worry too much about the scale, but it's hard. As far as the cheating--at least you log it and are aware.

AFM--slowly but surely getting through this. I finished more than half of the diction analyses, but I'm starting to lose my grading mojo. :ohwell: Debating whether to head home or try to clank out a few more essays. Maybe 3 more...

Grading goals:
    1. 20/73 AP essays
    2. 15/25 diction assignments
    3. x/16 AP analysis activities
    4. x/55 Junior in-class essays (student teacher will do these)
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Just got home. Will try to catch up and post later. kaye
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone who is feeling sick gets better soon.

Karen- 73 AP papers is a lot to grade. Essays are very difficult to grade. Good luck with all the grading. I also have about 100 papers to grade.

Carla- Nice job on the 5K. You had a great time. It is amazing how our bodies will go further than we believe are capable of doing. After three years, I am also bouncing between weights right now. Just find a way to stay the course since you know what you should eat. Our bodies will adjust and want to let go once again.

Today, was a great day. I spent it at Kinder Farm Park helping with the last of the Family Fun weekends. The crowd was slow but it was very chilly/ cold today. Still it was warm in the sunshine. Then a high school friend of mine was able to come by so we went to Starbucks for hot chocolate. It was great to spend time catching up with her. Tonight, I hope to rest up.

Sunday-Rest day
    Monday- Trainer workout
    Tuesday- Rest or gym
    Wednesday- Gym or swim
    Thursday-rest
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday- Water aerobics
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    hello all...
    love all the positive accomplishments - even those of you who are going slower inspire me (and Skinnyjeans, I've been periodically 'stuck' on & off for months - I feel your frustration!)

Probably overdid it on housework today, so still feeling ick... and struggling with munchies...

My new challenge is dealing with 4 adults in one household with one income - and low-cal foods aren't cheap :ohwell: (daughter moved home & out of bad situation) - lots of juggling & balancing coming up...

Have a great week everyone!
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    just in case Robin doesn't get here in time....

:heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - at the end of every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I got caught up on the posts. Sorry so many are ill. That is no fun!
    I had a good visit with my sister. It was good to see Daddy, but I don't think that he really knew who I was. He just had kind of a tentative smile when I talked to him. He didn't say or do anything that would indicate that he knew me. He knew I was family, though. My sister has been having a really hard time with his mind going so fast right now and worrying about a lot of things. It is obvious that he feels safe and knows he is with family. I told her that she should focus on that and any day that he is calm and feels safe should be counted as a good day. Her husband was getting up and helping him go back to bed everytime he got up in the night (3 times some nights). I suggested that they just not worry about him being up. He doesn't try to cook or do anything that would hurt him. He just sits in his chair. They left him alone that last 2 nights we were there, and he eventually put himself back to bed and slept until nearly 9 each morning. My sister said that it really helped to have me there and to get my perspective. It gets pretty overwhelming for them.
    We had a good trip. We stayed in a hotel on Thurs night. They had a fitness room so I was able to get in a bike ride Thurs. evening and Fri. morning. I did some walking while at my sister's place. Food wasn't so great, but tomorrow is a new day. I don't think that I did very much damage.
    Have a good evening. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kaye--that's nice that you had a good visit with your father and sister. It's tough when loved ones lose the memory, but it sounds like you have a good perspective about it. I'm not there yet with my parents, but my MIL is starting to worry me. We've had some conversations that make me wonder how much longer she will be able to live on her own. Nothing too serious, but she has no tolerance for even discussing a move to an adult living community much less anything assisted living. I can already tell it's going to be a fight when the need arises. I'm glad you were able to give your sister some peace--that's got to mean so much.

@vickie--thanks--I'm not too frustrated, just commiserating with carla b/c I know how she's feeling. I'm pretty sure we've all been there, or will be at some point in this process. :flowerforyou: Sorry for your financial struggles--that can make it difficult to eat healthy depending upon what foods you like. I've found the healthy snacks and such can be more expensive, but it seems to balance out b/c I eat less food in general than before I started counting calories.

@laurie--yes, although I could never imagine spending the entire day with the same 30 kids as our elementary colleagues do, one of the challenges for those of us who are MS/HS teachers is that we have so many students. Good luck with your papers!

AFM--well I finished the diction assignments which are due back tomorrow, so that's good. I got through 17 AP essays as well, so just a few short of my goal of 20.

Grading goals:
    1. 27/73 AP essays
    2. 25/25 diction assignments DONE
    3. x/16 AP analysis activities
    4. x/55 Junior in-class essays (student teacher will do these)
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well, it's only 9:30 here and I'm heading to bed. I didn't sleep enough on Saturday night (my own fault) and today was longer/more tiring than I thought it would be.

We had so many people at the Halloween Carnival at church that we ran out of pizza. I set up the counters to have the pizza at the other end of the kitchen and I took lots of steps between the serving window and the pizza boxes so it was a good day for steps (I wish I would have had a fitbit today just to see). We served for two hours before we ran out.

Been very "cheaty" lately and then what do you know...TOM showed up this morning. At least the need for salt and chocolate will disappear now for a bit. Have a great night and looking forward to all of us having a great end of October!!!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hi All - Sorry to hear so many people are coming down with illnesses. Best wishes for all of you to get well quick.

Congrats to those of you who are eating well and getting your exercise in.

I am just hanging in there - looks like I'll need to do the roll-over in the morning.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday too all.... Group got quiet this weekend. Must all be out having way too much fun.

My first go at the new workout was very successful. Woke up Sunday nice and sore, then went to spin class for an hour.

Today I do workout B... and I am officially off no carbs and back to just counting my calories... going to start carbs back slowly though
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Was off the radar over the weekend trying to catch up on other stuff. I meant to workout over the weekend, but I'm feeling a cold coming on and I was just too tired.
  • sjacobs425
    sjacobs425 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    :huh: ba humbug... sorry to be debbie downer, :sad: i tried over the weekend... but my sodium is up it shows on the scale and i'm feeling under the weather.

monday - struggles, travelled on saturday afternoon evening and sunday, didn't get to the gym sunday. saturdays workout on squats killed me! no excuse though i should have gone sunday night. didn't do 30ds this morning, i will be in the gym tonight.

lets count the positives. i'm still vertical - :laugh:
    i did friday night hard core in gym backs and biceps, saturday squats and legs, tailgated and stayed within calories. we were travelling and i stayed within calories but sodium up because i didn't get my water in (afraid of pit stops)

it's monday, a new day and a new start, the rest is history.

blessings to all those passing through, hope everyone is having a beautiful monday. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: cheers to LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!!!!!!
  • sjacobs425
    sjacobs425 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday too all.... Group got quiet this weekend. Must all be out having way too much fun.

My first go at the new workout was very successful. Woke up Sunday nice and sore, then went to spin class for an hour.

Today I do workout B... and I am officially off no carbs and back to just counting my calories... going to start carbs back slowly though
    Gorilla - how did you do no carbs... seriously that is so my toughest... care to share?
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Finally feeling better. Downside: didn't get any exercise over the last 4 days. Upside: had no appetite.

Goals for this week:

Walk 3-4 miles at least 5 days
    Stay on track calorie wise
    Avoid the Halloween candy the hubs bought
    Take all the clothes that no longer fit to Goodwill..... purging feels good.

Good week to all!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Hello All.

The last week is a blur, my grandmother passed last Monday – it was a hard week and her funeral was Friday. It hit me pretty hard so I basically checked-out for a week, but seemed better yesterday. Somehow need to get used to the new normal, I returned to work today and have lots to catch up on. I was basically a couch potato, went for a few walks and to the gym a couple of times but didn’t journal much (honestly didn’t eat much either) – I had a session with my trainer yesterday, which felt good. I’m hoping to get back into a routine this week.

I’m not going to attempt to catch up on posts but hope that those with illnesses are back to 100% soon.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump - Finally back!! Pages and pages to catch up since I missed you guys. I need to read what's been going on. Plus, we're about to flip the thread again so I can start fresh with the new postings. Talk to you soon!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I would love to join this thread if you will have me. I did MFP about a year and a half ago but then had to stop due to time constraints. I was very successful last time around and would like to achieve that success again. I am starting MFP for the second time and am excited to be back. :happy:
    Jeanette
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Monday!

My weekend was filled with housework and driving lessons. I raked the leaves, mowed the grass, cleaned out the fridge (wiped it all dwon inside), cleaned all tile and wood floors, 3 loads of laundry and vaccumed. Then let the teenager drive. I also did homework. Most of my walking on the weekend is up and down the stairs at my house, to and from garage and walking around Menards or Target.

@Kah- Sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers
    @Laurie- Nice NSV with pants
    @Pienthesky- Congrats on the 5K
    @Robin- Hope the med's work
    @Kaye- Glad you had a good visit with your dad
    @Tlh0407- Costume sounds cute and running for pizza for kids is alot of steps I bet.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Group let me ask you your thoughts because I am tired of people telling me to buy a heart rate monitor. I know they are wonderful and all but money is really tight not an option anytime soon.
    I raked leaves over the weekend there was a site where you typed your current weight and how long you raked it told you how many calories burned. How accurate do you think those are? I felt they are not real accurate so I split the calories burned in half and took an extra 20 calories off.