Tall girls...goal weight?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• raegrove
    raegrove Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently weigh 163. I wear a size 10 pants. I know that I am healthy. To me there is a difference between thin and skinny. I would never want to be skinny again. I was skinny when I graduated high school at 137 and wore a tiny size. I have had 2 children now and feel that at 150-160 is perfect for me. Its more towards the top of my BMI, but I still feel "thin". I think its a feeling thing. just because people on here are thinner than you does not mean that you need to be thinner. Getting to a certain weight, pants size is maybe important, but I think its more important to be happy with how you feel when you look in the mirror.
  • Tuili
    Tuili Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' with a medium-large frame and my ideal weight is to be between 165 - 185. I'm aiming afor at least 185 and will go down from there until I'm comfortable. I don't think I'm going to make it below 170, I have a feeling anything less that that will be too skinny.
  • projectvanity
    Options
    I'm 5'9 1/2 with a medium frame. My goal is to be between 150 and 160, I think it's a nice medium size for my height and frame.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" ish. I weigh 152 pounds, give or take. I look slender, but not skinny. I estimate a medium frame. My goal is to get in the mid to high 140's, but no less. I still have some belly fat, I would like to see lessen. However at 55 years, I won't sacrifice my face for a smaller size.
  • Aotus
    Aotus Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and have weighed as little as 96lbs and as much as 156. I didn't feel good at either sizes for the same reasons; my clothes didn't fit right, I had low body confidence, and I hated the way my body felt and looked. The weight I feel best at is around 130lbs. At that weight I look my best, feel healthiest, and have the most energy.
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    For me, I am 5'8" with a target BMI range of 120-164 pounds. I am aiming for 150. If you are going to be our height and 120, you have to have very small bone structure and probably a very low muscle mass. I have medium bone structure and fairly developed muscle mass, so I will not be trying to go below the middle point of my range. I am ~166 pounds right now and fitting into an 8 or a 10 pant, depending on the cut.

You are right in the middle of your healthy range and are probably fine to maintain there. If you are not sure, go somewhere and get an accurate body fat % test done, and if you are healthy or low there, you are probably good. If it is still high, you can probably lose some more. Hope that helps!

I'm 5'8" and was 122-130 in my 20s and early 30s....(To think I felt heavy then). I gained weight and lost back down to 140 which was a size 6 and felt great....Then life happened and I ballooned up. My goal is to get back to 140. In the back of my mind, I'd really like to see 122 again (size 4), but don't think that is reasonable as I had no muscle tone and was "skinny fat".
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2" and my goal is to get to 175 and then see how I feel/look. 175 might be a little low for me, but the lowest I've ever been was 195 and I still wanted to lose a bit. We shall see!
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Crumpet_Girl Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi :-) I'm 5'9" and currently fat at 230lbs or around that. The lowest I have been is 160 and I actually used to get a lot of negative comments as my hips stuck out and I looked unwell. I am aiming for 180lbs and see how I look...

I agree it's not the number we should focus on! How you look and feel in your skin is most important.
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm 57 y/o...I started MFP at 166 pounds fall of 2012 and lost 21 pounds and kept it off...I can pretty much maintain but recently I have been gaining 3-5 lbs. and I have to get serious and stop this right now.....My problem is...I was kinda satisfied at 145 but the guy at the gym gold me I needed to lose 10 more pounds...which really depressed me because I thought i looked pretty good, so I kind of gave up I guess....soo...I have reset my goal weight to 135 and am working toward that now.......oh boy...just have to leave the HALLOWEEN CANDY ALONE and get back to the gym....I just have been feeling rotten lately with sinus infections etc... need some motivation :)...thanks for listening....
  • naomileid
    Options
    Im 5'8 and my goal is 110lbs.
    im at 115 right now, working out everyday. ive got lean abs, its nice. i cant wait to reach my goal
  • RunSwimDanceLove
    Options
    personally, I have sort of a small frame but I'm 15 and 5'9. But I am sort of skinny and 114lbs. but it works and I usually wear a 00 or 0 extra long in jeans and I believe I'm a healthy weight but doctors say it's underweight, so whatever weight looks good on you!
  • pepper201084
    pepper201084 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 1/2 size 5-7 pants small to medium shirt in between 130-132 goal weight 120-123