• Balance_Breathe
    Options
    Saving for future reference.
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    Bump
  • rhondaaumann1075
    Options
    Vegetable have calories sugars protiens etc in them. All vegetables have calories people!!!!!!!!
  • rhondaaumann1075
    Options
    All vegetables have calories!!!!! Lots have sugar some even have protien....stop telling ppl its calorie free!!!!!
  • landmln
    Options
    I tried this diet last week and was PLEASANTLY surprised. I'm down 12 pounds and hardly ate the soup at all. I followed everything except days 5,6, and 7 I just did chicken and veggies. I'm not a tomato person so i didn't do just tomatos and chicken on day 5. So although lots of people make out like you won't lose anything unless you eat the soup a lot just know that you will!
  • mali39
    Options
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I tried this diet last week and was PLEASANTLY surprised. I'm down 12 pounds and hardly ate the soup at all. I followed everything except days 5,6, and 7 I just did chicken and veggies. I'm not a tomato person so i didn't do just tomatos and chicken on day 5. So although lots of people make out like you won't lose anything unless you eat the soup a lot just know that you will!

Starvation diets don't work in the long term so good luck. You've probably slowed your metablolism down too.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

First post...after 1.5 years of MFP. Welcome to the forums. :flowerforyou:

Okay, with that out of the way...

...you're down 12 pounds because you ate fewer calories than you consumed. The end. (Well, okay, there's that pesky water weight thing...but that's not real weight loss, so we'll just assume all 12 of yours were real to keep this simple.) Whether or not you ate soup, or you at chicken and veggies, or tomatoes, or whatever is irrelevant. Calorie deficit = weight loss.
  • lornamahony
    Options
    Love this soup, I add a few jalapenos to add some spice and minced garlic.
    Yummy
  • cournae
    cournae Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Currently on day 2 of the diet. Hoping for some good results! So far, so good. 7-8 glasses of water per day

I was super hungry yesterday, but woke up this morning and felt a lot better. Cravings have definitely diminished after the first day!
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kolmi01
    Options
    Bump
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Aw, this is really cute ... I like how it's from 35 + years ago, so it was created around the same time as the Scarsdale Diet and Cabbage Soup BS ... There's something similar to this floating around the interwebs, it's called the Cleveland Clinic Diet (3 day diet) ... You know what they all have in common?

Wait for it ...

An extreme calorie deficit ... No magic, no "cleanse" ... just a very steep, very unhealthy deficit ... No magical combinations of foods are going to "magically" melt fat ...

Fads are cute though, they make me feel nostalgic ...
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If you have to keep repeating this "diet" every so often, it must not work very well. I can't imagine doing this to my body.
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    keep ,read later
  • Keena7656
    Options
    Following
  • kit_liu
    kit_liu Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wont be following this diet, but the soup sounds a great idea for the times during the day when I get hungry, may bump a up a bit by adding lean mince chicken or beef. Wont starve myself by the diet though, I lost more than 4 lbs in the first week of doing myfitnesspal by counting calories and a better diet already.
  • Nanba007
    Nanba007 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I may try this, 7 days wont kill me. They soup also look yummy.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This is just sad.
  • 123janea
    123janea Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump for soup