Is sugar more evil than fat?

Options

Replies

• WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    So, I can only eat protein?

In accordance to the post, no! Protein will contain fat. So maybe veggies with no carbs???

Uh...???

What???

It's about balance, people. Table sugar isn't essential. Naturally occurring sugars found in non-processed foods are totally fine. Table sugar isn't evil, but it should be moderated. Too much of anything is bad for you.

What is the difference between table sugar and naturally occurring sugars? How does it affect/impact your body? I assume one has a bad impact and the other has a good impact?

From what I understand and what I've experienced with my own diet, naturally occurring, sugars are more well-received by the body. Sugar alone causes a spike in glucose and a quick drop/crash in glucose after it is used by the body. In non-processed forms, like fruit, for example, it doesn't convert to glucose as quickly and lessens the "crash," because the body processes it all slower.

However, in general, you have to do what is right for YOUR body.

Personally, I do well limiting processed foods, white bread, white rice, and sugars, or, at least, balancing those things with proteins and fats. When I just eat sugars, such as a donut for breakfast, I crash hard. I'm much better off eating a 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt, because it keeps my blood sugars stable. I've noticed that cultures that eat high carb, low fat diets tend to eat more often, and I believe this is the reason for it. I eat 3x day and rarely snack, but I eat balanced meals (protein/fat, a veggie, or two, and maybe a fruit). I think the balance of the proteins and carbs maintains satiety and blood sugar levels in my body. Everyone's different, though, so you just have to monitor the effects of quantity, quality, and meal structure and decide what makes you feel the best.

So, this is all your opinion and how you feel?

Piss off. You're just like the rest of them.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Try the Satan hotline on 555-SATANSCRIB

He, or one of his minions, will answer all your evil related questions at the mere cost of your eternal soul or a sacrifice of 3 virgins.

Halloween Special is going on, it's only 2 virgins, but it's a limited time offer. And "technical virgins" count too, but again, only for a limited time. :drinker:
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    yes of course. fat doesn't make you fat. sugar does. this is pretty common knowledge.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    White Rabbit is mad, y'all. She sent me an irate PM telling me I'm "too old" for this. Let the record show that one is never too old to talk smack on the Internet, though of course in my day we didn't have the Internet. We had smoke signals—and we liked it! :drinker:
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    YES, but only till Sunday then they swap to share the workload, because being demonised is seriously demoralising and no nutrient should have to put up with it for a prolonged period of time.

And just to mention it, broccoli, watercress and celery are cheaters, because they NEVER volunteer and everyone thinks they are just awesome ALL THE F***ING TIME. I say 'DOWN WITH BROCCOLI, DO YOU SHARE, BECOME THE DEMON FOOD FOR THE WEEK'
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    yes of course. fat doesn't make you fat. sugar does. this is pretty common knowledge.

Oh rly?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    If you're using the word 'evil' for anything food related, you're doing it wrong.
    Nicely put. :flowerforyou:

PS
    Apart from pineapple - that really is evil.:devil:

Fixed it for ya!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Strong debating skills in this thread! :huh:
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sugar and fat are evil only if NOT served together.

redWineMeat_2449992b.jpg
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    yddmzTc.jpg
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I love STF, thanks for the link, even if it is the daily fail ;)
  • mordsith
    mordsith Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you're using the word 'evil' for anything food related, you're doing it wrong.

PS

Fixed it for ya!

What's wrong with pineapple? (unless it's a joke I didn't get!)
    I eat a lot of it, so I'm genuinely interested by the answer.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

PS

Fixed it for ya!

What's wrong with pineapple? (unless it's a joke I didn't get!)
    I eat a lot of it, so I'm genuinely interested by the answer.

It tastes disgusting and contaminates all foods that it touches. Other than that, there is nothing wrong with it.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    facts that I know... you need fats and carbs. carbss come in complex and simple types. some people have difficulty processing simple types such as their bodies cannot regulate insulin (diabetic) or their brains ewlease too much beta endorphin and seritonin causing them eventually to become hypoglycemic (complex chicken and egg arguments here) . if you dont have a problem with sugar eating it is ok if you do then eating it is not ok. ut is difficult for those that don't have a problem with sugar to understand those that do. god gave us empathy which is great but gives us the sense that other people are lije us bodily as well as emotionally which is very untrue in a load of cases.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with just eating a balanced diet and exercising? Do people just like complicating things? That would harsh my mellow...

oh neither are evil
    If it isn't complicated and magical, it won't work. It cannot be as simple as eating less and moving more (for the majority of people -- there are physical maladies that cause outliers) because that's too obvious.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Piss off. You're just like the rest of them.

You posted incorrect information and personal opinion dressed up as fact. People corrected you and offered actual facts and you feel attacked and the need to attack back?
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't cause tooth decay. However, we have toothbrushes and toothpaste and floss, so sugar is fine.:happy:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    So, I can only eat protein?

In accordance to the post, no! Protein will contain fat. So maybe veggies with no carbs???

Uh...???

What???

It's about balance, people. Table sugar isn't essential. Naturally occurring sugars found in non-processed foods are totally fine. Table sugar isn't evil, but it should be moderated. Too much of anything is bad for you.

What is the difference between table sugar and naturally occurring sugars? How does it affect/impact your body? I assume one has a bad impact and the other has a good impact?

From what I understand and what I've experienced with my own diet, naturally occurring, sugars are more well-received by the body. Sugar alone causes a spike in glucose and a quick drop/crash in glucose after it is used by the body. In non-processed forms, like fruit, for example, it doesn't convert to glucose as quickly and lessens the "crash," because the body processes it all slower.

Lol, since you were questioning others critical thinking skills. Is the below processed sucrose or that from an apple? Also the above response shows a lack of comprehension on what you've read

Sucrose4.GIF

You truly are a troll.

Your pic is that of sucrose, which is what the pic YOU posted states. See below for the various forms. Fructose, being the sugar that you would find in an apple.

glucose-fructose-and-sucrose_zps3f7adce0.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*wipes tears*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.