Growing old gracefully? ????⌛

Options
12345679»

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40, and I highly dislike it, especially since I'm just now losing the weight. I want my chance to be hot. Perhaps if I had lost the weight 20 years ago or never been overweight to begin with, I could grow old more gracefully.
  • Dreamsfly
    Options
    I think age is in the mind so much more. You think old, you do old things. You think young, you do young things.
    I'm 40, I don't look it because of my attitude. It's always been that way for me.

I do see some physical changes especially in my face, and I went to YouthfulGlow.org, picked up a facial toner EMS. I'll let you know how it works. I've seen some pretty amazing results from others. It's time. Take care of it before I look in the mirror when I'm 80 and not like my sagging face.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'll be 60 next year. I've got no problem with getting old. Kind of like it actually.

I told my wife I would quit playing soccer when I turned 40. Then I told her I would quit when I turned 50. I finally admitted that I am not going to quit until my team tells me I'm not contributing.

I plan to play for a long time.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 next year - doesn't bother me a bit. I exercise, generally eat right, try to dress nicely. I've had the grey hair since I was in my late 20s, so ... it jsut doesn't bother me
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    On my walk this morning, I saw an older woman that was so done, she was scary. I felt a little sorry for her; she doesn't want to get traded in for a younger model, but she went overboard.
    As for me, I exercise and use a face cream here and there, but I can't say I would be above getting some injections in the future.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, with more than my share of grey hair that I have no intention of ever coloring. I guess I have good skin, because I don't have wrinkles and have done nothing special to avoid it. I do wear moisturizer, but just plain old Oil of Olay (or even generic body lotion). Apparently I look younger, because people are always shocked when seeing my grown sons. My mother is 65 and just now starting to show some fine lines, so I'm not too concerned.