Pregnancy 2010 - October

Options

Replies

• Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's the day I go in for my sex determination U/S. I am so excited. I really believe it is a girl. This pregnancy has been so different, plus I've been having dreams about baby and little girls in the house. I did that with my son and it was a boy in my dreams.

:smile:

I hope that you get exactly what you were hoping for. I thought my 2nd boy was going to be a girl because my pregnancy was so different from my 1st son. All I learned is that each pregnancy is different, this one was by far the one that made me the sickest for the longest and tada it is my girl! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    16 week photo uploaded, come on girls lets see some more :smile:
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, I have uploaded my 15 week picture. Looks like I need to stop slouching. Might have to take another one.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Tomorrow's the day I go in for my sex determination U/S. I am so excited. I really believe it is a girl. This pregnancy has been so different, plus I've been having dreams about baby and little girls in the house. I did that with my son and it was a boy in my dreams.

Good luck!!
  • kkuhly
    kkuhly Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies, I am on cycle day 29 and nothing yet! Felt a little "crampy" this morning but not sure if it was just n my mind or not. Hoping this is my month! Planning on joining that 400 mile walking challenge also! Keep your fingers crossed!

2149287.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I have walked 0 miles -- 0% of my goal of 400 miles!!
    0.gif
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

I hope that you get exactly what you were hoping for. I thought my 2nd boy was going to be a girl because my pregnancy was so different from my 1st son. All I learned is that each pregnancy is different, this one was by far the one that made me the sickest for the longest and tada it is my girl! Good luck :flowerforyou:

All we are hoping for is a healthy baby and great post birth time. My inlaws are obsessed with the sex of my SIL's baby and I just found it ridiculous. I was so happy to hear she was having what they wanted, I think she was setting herself up for gender dissapointment otherwise.

I just want to know, so we can give the baby a name. We don't even start talking about it until then.
  • ckmama
    Options
    And sheri I'm look you, I feel like I am showing super early. I think maybe b/c I had weaker stomach muscles, who knows. My sil is 3 weeks ahead of me and she looks like she has a basketball under her shirt, too cute. But this is her 3rd.
  • angrypanda
    angrypanda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    With my last I thought it was a girl and I kept having dreams that at the ultrasound we were so surprised when the turtle showed up large and definitely there...That is exactly what happened. I guess we will see if your dreams are predictive...:laugh: :bigsmile:

Well....drumroll, please....

Turns out my husband and I were both right.

It's a girl! And a stubborn girl, at that.

We showed up on-time for our appointment, which, as I mentioned before, was over 50 miles out of town. Luckily, it was near where my parents live, so we went up the night before to have dinner with them, then stayed over so we wouldn't have to rush around in the morning to get to our appointment on time. Thankfully, the office was empty and it appeared there were very few (if any other) appointments scheduled for the day.

As soon as the technician got a shot of the baby up on the screen, we could see it moving around a fair amount. She did, however, point out that her legs were crossed (think sitting on the floor cross-legged style), so she kept moving around and waiting for the baby to un-cross her legs. To make a long story short, after having me shift several times from side-to-side, then on back, taking a bathroom break (I even had a pep-talk in the bathroom privately with the baby), tapping my stomach and shaking my stomach, the baby's legs STILL would not un-cross! She'd wave her arms around and turn around and tuck her head, but those legs just wouldn't budge. The technician had a few moments where she thought she might have seen "boy parts", but it turns out it was just the big toe on one of her feet. After over 45 minutes of this nonsense, she FINALLY uncrossed those legs and stuck them straight up for a perfect shot.

I had speculated she was a girl from the start of the u/s because of her modesty and belligerence. My dad speculated girl when we got a 3d view (he said she had a pretty face...I dunno about that one, haha). My mom couldn't do much but laugh at how stubborn the baby was being because she claims I was a very stubborn baby/child. My husband just sat, waiting patiently. I felt so bad for the technician, because you could tell she was getting really frustrated with the baby, but I'm really glad that she didn't give up and tell me to come back another day and that there was nobody waiting for an appointment right after me. I guess you can say we got our money's worth, because they say it's only a 10-minute ultrasound and we burned 50 minutes in there. *sigh* Let's hope this isn't a sign of how she's going to at when she's older! :tongue:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Congrats on the little girl!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Congrats on your lil princess, so exciting! There is so much pretty stuff for lil girls out there, I can't wait to shop... it has been hard to control myself.
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Angrypanda, Congrats on the Little girl! I have two and it's great! I have to admit that a boy this time would be nice, although once I found out I was pregnant I just want the baby to be healthy.

I love all the posts from everybody! So fun to read. I am starting my 10th week and so far I seem to be maintaining my weight. But is anyone else SOOOO hungry? I feel obsessed with food, can't seem to get enough. And not veggies and fruit either, no... cheeseburgers, cookies, frosting, those are the things I'm craving!

Going back to the gym today after hurting my knee three weeks ago. I think I will be sticking to the eliptical, weights and try the pool out. I thought I was going to be out of commision for the whole pregnancy so any little bit I can do feels like a blessing to me.

I have my next Drs appointment next Tuesday. I think it will be just to hear the hb and make sure things are progressing as planned. If my appetite is any indication the baby must be growing like a weed.

Have a great week everybody!

Heather
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Okay ladies, I am on cycle day 29 and nothing yet! Felt a little "crampy" this morning but not sure if it was just n my mind or not. Hoping this is my month! Planning on joining that 400 mile walking challenge also! Keep your fingers crossed!

kkuhly ~ Good luck to you! And so glad you are joining in on the 400 mile walk!
  • dragonfly74
    Options

It's a girl! And a stubborn girl, at that.

angrypanda ~ congratulations on your little girl.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    congrats angrypanda! I am excited for you!! It is funny that she hid from you for so long, because my daughter had her legs crossed too and I had to have a pep talk and go to the bathroom before she would let us see--I guess girls are more private. Even in the womb. :laugh: Now you have the fun part of prep!

I find out on Friday. Should be exciting!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I get to go to my gender u/s on the 6th, dh swears it is a girl and I dont know anymore I did think it was a girl in the beginning. Who knows. Unfortunately my dh wont be there for it. Oh well tis military life, sucks....
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    It's so exciting that everyone is finding out!!! I find out on the 5th - next Friday...Can't wait!!! My husband and I both think it's a girl...but we will be perfectly happy with either one! This is our first so we don't care - just happy and healthy!! During our last ultrasound the legs were crossed on ours too....hmmm...maybe it's a sign?!? :laugh:
  • ckmama
    Options
    I get to go to my gender u/s on the 6th, dh swears it is a girl and I dont know anymore I did think it was a girl in the beginning. Who knows. Unfortunately my dh wont be there for it. Oh well tis military life, sucks....

mine DH won't either, but just b/c he has one of the jobs where they don't let people off of work , for anything. He will get it by phone. HE wasn't very happy, but that's the way it goes sometimes.
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello to you all in baby land! Hope everyone is happy and healthy!! We have been doing great! I just updated my profile picture with a 2 month picture of Alexis. She's growing at rapid speed! Being a Mom is the BEST!! Doing ok in the weight area - I have 6 more lbs to loose before I get to my pre preggo weight. But it's being stubborn. My goal is to get 3-5 off by Nov 21st, which is her baptism. I running a lot more and training to get back into shape for a 10k I'm running on Thanksgiving morning. So the running should help out!

FYI to all you preggers ladies.....something I was not aware of....after you deliver your precious baby and get back to normal. Watch out for your muscles down there not being so strong. When I exercise, I almost pee my pants every time! LOL No joke. I know it's TMI, but I'm reading it's a common thing. But gesh!! Makes it hard to jump and do things high intensity to get that extra boost.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Hello again ladies!

Just finished up my workout for the day. I took the weekend off and felt ready to go today. I walked 6 miles today.

Hope everyone's weeks are off to a great start.
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks Sheri, got it done!