Women lifting heavy - with pics

Options

Replies

• clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Just pure awesome perfection :) I will get to post mine here some day :)
  • heymom07
    heymom07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just signed on to this website and went right to the success stories. Can you tell me what is "lifting heavy" ??? What kind of diet do you use along with this? I'm afraid I couldn't life anything heavy at this point but the photos are impressive!!!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone you all look amazing. Just had a short break while I had a holiday gained 4lbs can't wait to get back to it. Started out as a runner to half marathon standard. Now combining running and heavyish lifting for me. Looking forward to having great abs (totally wrecked from a twin pregnancy).
    Stats barbell squat 50kg
    Bench 35kg
    Deadlift 55kg
    Hope one day to post progress pictures but there are some on my profile but still a work in progress. I am 42 and weigh 153lbs. Anyone can add me.
  • emgoodfellow78
    Options
    <
    70lbs down in 2 years, just with heavy lifting and clean diet
  • vastra
    vastra Posts: 36
    Options
    Loving this thread! Just started lifting as heavy as I can, not seeing much changing so far as I still have lots of fat to lose, I'm feeling much stronger though! I can't wait until I've lost the fat and can actually see the hard work paying off! In the meantime I will be here looking at your pics to keep me motivated! :)
  • Diondrea04
    Diondrea04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow!...great job :)
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Removed by poster.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Honestly you all are so inspiring and look great!! It is such a nice thing to see this thread, off of MFP we are often told that women should look a certain way, and I found at the gym it was very intimidating for me because the weight section was full of guys and some who expected you to step aside/give way when you wanted to lift. This is great because I like seeing women embracing strength and not assigning themselves to certain gender norms.

<3

You should see the guys faces when I walk into the weights section. I just smile and carry on. So funny when I bench press 30 kg and they can't believe it. It's like look at that little old woman with grey hair ..... Haha

You rock! Thank you for being such an awesome example of strong and graceful womanhood. I want to be like you when i grow up! :flowerforyou:
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chays84
    chays84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Heres my Pic... I lost 39lbs, but have not lost any weight in about four months now, but have lost a pile of inches.. love Heavy lifting ;)
    I am a noob at posting pics on these threads.. hope it works

2rcybfd.jpg

2m5aqo9.jpg

You look amazing! You should share your routine!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I just signed on to this website and went right to the success stories. Can you tell me what is "lifting heavy" ??? What kind of diet do you use along with this? I'm afraid I couldn't life anything heavy at this point but the photos are impressive!!!
    Lifting heavy is a relative term

Basically woman in this thread are doing weight training of some sort which they consider "heavy" weights.

For me it's 95lb bench press and 140lb squat, for others it could be a 65lb bench press and 100lb squat

Whatever is "heavy" for you that you can lift in good form for the desired set of reps/sets/
  • BiancaCaputi23
    BiancaCaputi23 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!
  • lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    heavy lifting... here I come :)
  • charlenever
    charlenever Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    UK Granny lifter been lifting as heavy as I can manage since June [ Please excuse the back flab ...its very resistant ] I am 63 yo , 5 feet 1 inch and 115 lbs [ 8 stone 3 lbs ]

I do zumba 3 to 4 times a week and lift 3 times a week

81741723-c327-4a34-acd1-4129b9edfc5b_zpsb6655ece.jpg

You look wonderful. I am over 60 and thinking of lifting, your post makes me want to do it right now. Thanks for sharing. Sending you a friend request, you're my role model :flowerforyou:

For all the older ladies, it IS possible:
    http://www.aarp.org/health/longevity/info-07-2011/video-timeless-strength.html

I just started lifting about 2 months ago. I might eventually have a picture to add ;)
  • Lovely_at_any_size
    Options
    You all look amazing!!
  • inspirezme
    inspirezme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just started SL5x5 last week (and finishing week 4 of C25K today). Fingers crossed I'll get to see some of the same amazing results as everyone here!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks beautiful and amazing! I love this thread! I've got 8 lbs to go and recomp but so far, I'm in love with lifting!!

1tlt3o.jpg

fth64z.jpg
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing! :)
  • sevosurfer
    sevosurfer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. Must try harder!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!