Replies

• rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    :heart: me some WOW
  • FJDodd
    FJDodd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Anyone going to be playing Elder Scrolls Online? If so, which console or are you going to play on PC/Mac? :happy:

I will be playing TESO on PC. My boyfriend got accepted for the Beta, I didn't. I am considering stealing his Key lol.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Anyone going to be playing Elder Scrolls Online? If so, which console or are you going to play on PC/Mac? :happy:

I will be playing TESO on PC. My boyfriend got accepted for the Beta, I didn't. I am considering stealing his Key lol.

It does look interesting. PC definitely. Mac is not really a suitable gaming platform, due to relatively little being produced for it.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    I plan on getting into Diablo III....absolutely loved Diablo II....and I can't get enough of Michael Jackson the Experience. My son and I jump on Mario Kart every now and then

LOVE Diablo III, I keep coming back to the same games that draw me in. Syrim, Oblivion, the first 2 Bioshocks, Dishonored....I used to play WOW, but it got old.

I bought Diablo III back when it first came out. I made it through to Act 2 of Inferno difficulty level within about a month and a half before I put it down and just never picked it up again. The game totally lost everything that made it fun in Inferno difficulty because I had already run through all the content, and the insane difficulty made playing with builds no longer viable. You were effectively pigeonholed into cookie cutter builds in order to be viable, and not being free to experiment with all the different abilities totally killed the game.
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Gamer here, though I don't get to play games as often as I like because I don't have a newer console and my computer has been acting up while playing graphically intense games. :/ (Yes, all drivers are up-to-date)
  • AstroRocket
    AstroRocket Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm currently playing World of Warcraft ;)

Other games that I enjoy:- Final Fantasy, Minecraft, Pokémon (The old ones), Skyrim, Diablo III, Sims 3... There are others but I'm too lazy to think.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Currently working on completing the accomplishments for Monster Manor and Warriors in Streetpass Plaza.
    Also, leveling up Mario, Luigi and Bowser before I take on Dark Bowser in Bowser's Inside Story.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    And I will forever be a laura croft fan!

Laura Croft? I only know of a Lara Croft. Lol.
  • benefiting
    Options

It does look interesting. PC definitely. Mac is not really a suitable gaming platform, due to relatively little being produced for it.

Not wanting to start a Mac VS PC war but Mac can handle games. An iMac will probably be a better choice because it doesn't over heat like Macbook Pros do but with that being said, they can also game. Thank you.
  • FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My only problem with Mac's, especially in our country, is the price vs performance problem. For what I would pay for a mac, I can build a monster pc.

Just my 2 cents.
  • benefiting
    Options
    My only problem with Mac's, especially in our country, is the price vs performance problem. For what I would pay for a mac, I can build a monster pc.

Just my 2 cents.

Fair enough. I completely understand where you're coming from. I just don't like when people says they aren't good for gaming.
  • afletch310
    Options
    Played WoW for years but quit last year because I was getting bored. Moved onto GW2 and I love it. Im a PC gamer really but have by Xbox 360 as well, although these days it rarely gets used. Portal games are among my favourites as well as the Batman Arkham games.
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm a WoWer but I haven't played in months- couldn't afford the sub and now I have my job I just haven't got round to it yet. However now Vol'jin is going to be Warchief I think I'll have to resub...

I also play Rift, SWOTR, and then PS3 games- I'm working my way through all the Trophies and Collectibles on Tomb Raider Anniversary, and also playing Skyrim and the AC games. I've been known to play Skyrim whilst furiously pedalling on my exercise bike...
  • RIVALoneSikness
    Options
    huge gamer. been plyn since the 80s

right now. COD, SKYRIM,BORDERLANDS, BATMAN, UFC, MADDEN
  • HelllYeaHH
    HelllYeaHH Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ...Any recommendations out of those that I can remember I have?

Infamous 1 & 2
    The Uncharted series (including the Vita one)
    Alice - Madness Returns
    Catherine
    Child of Eden
    Castlevania
    LA Noire
    Nier
    Oblivion (oddly, I never got to play this - long story)...

Play the Uncharted series. They're awesome! InFamous is fun as well. Looking forward to the new InFamous on PS4. :D
  • RIVALoneSikness
    Options
    ...Any recommendations out of those that I can remember I have?

Infamous 1 & 2
    The Uncharted series (including the Vita one)
    Alice - Madness Returns
    Catherine
    Child of Eden
    Castlevania
    LA Noire
    Nier
    Oblivion (oddly, I never got to play this - long story)...

Play the Uncharted series. They're awesome! InFamous is fun as well. Looking forward to the new InFamous on PS4. :D
    WEAK
  • FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    Options

Just my 2 cents.

Fair enough. I completely understand where you're coming from. I just don't like when people says they aren't good for gaming.

Isn't it the same for everything in life. People will always try and convince you that their point of view is the right one, as conceding to you would mean they were wrong :embarassed: I remember the wars between the fanboys for pc and consoles not so long ago, now almost everyone have one of both, because they are both relevant.
  • benefiting
    Options

Just my 2 cents.

Isn't it the same for everything in life. People will always try and convince you that their point of view is the right one, as conceding to you would mean they were wrong :embarassed: I remember the wars between the fanboys for pc and consoles not so long ago, now almost everyone have one of both, because they are both relevant.

Exactly!
  • contingencyplan
    Options

Not wanting to start a Mac VS PC war but Mac can handle games. An iMac will probably be a better choice because it doesn't over heat like Macbook Pros do but with that being said, they can also game. Thank you.

It's not about what the hardware can handle, but rather simply what's available. Only a small fraction of what's available for PC is out for Mac, and a lot of the biggest selling games are not out for Mac. So which has better hardware doesn't matter. It's about which has more games. I'm not adamantly anti-mac, really, it's just that every time I log onto something like Steam and see just what small percentage of what's out there is Mac compatible, I'm reminded that Macs are not suitable for use as a primarily gaming platform. Compatibility > all else.

Also I'm sort of old school in the fact that I don't consider a laptop to be a suitable gaming based rig, so an argument based on using laptops as examples doesn't matter much to me.
  • benefiting
    Options
    Has anyone seen the Xbox Fitness app or whatever it is? It contains things like Insanity and stuff. I am so in for that! It's free until the end of next year if you have Xbox LIVE.