For GUYS only . That take weight lifting seriously ...

Options
Usually people focus on 1 - 2 body parts per day when lifting .. They do about 3-4 exercises & 3-4 sets for those 2 body parts per workout... But lately my technique/routine is i do 1 exercise with 3 sets .. For each main body part bicep tricep back legs shoulder per workout. i know its alot of math loool, but Is my technique affective at all or just garbage? Does anybody else train the way i do or simular to it? Or the the other way or simular to it

Replies

• jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    So you're doing a full body workout every session and doing just 3 sets on one movement per body part right?

Sure, that's valid and can work. To get the best bang for your buck, stick to compound multi-joint movements - so bench for chest which gets shoulders and tri's involved, chins and rows for back which get your bi's involved etc. Bi's and Tri's aren't really main body parts in something like this though, the big ones are chest, back, shoulders and legs.

I did something similar for a while where each session consisted of 1 compound push movement, 1 compound pull movement, 1 compound lower body movement, a shoulder movement and my choice of 2 auxillary isolation movements (bi curl, tri pushdown, ab crunch, rotator cuff work, etc) Pretty much covered everything off each session while keeping the intensity up.

Jay
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Because you said I could not post here

:angry: :angry: :angry:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Good thing you specified "GUYS only". Us ladies don't know anything about lifting.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Good thing you specified "GUYS only". Us ladies don't know anything about lifting.

Must be all the math ;)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Because women just flutter around the gym with barbie weights just to kill some time :huh:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Must be all the math ;)

Math is hard! :laugh:
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    The way I've done it was to do compound lifts and steadily increase the weight until I no longer saw good gains...

I never stopped seeing gains, until I broke my wrist. By that time I went from a 135 bench to a 315 bench, and from a 315 squat to a 600 squat.

Eat right, lift heavy, don't make excuses.

If you want to do a program that, to me, is overcomplicated, go for it... but you'll find loads of people talking about compound lifts... and the ones that aren't typically are using or want to sell you some workout routine.

ETA if you feel comfortable or ready to do each lift multiple times a week, by all means do it.
    Every day was bench/squat/deadlift day for me for a while.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    (X southern belle accent x) whats a "weight" ? I only lift my husbands feet from the floor to the coffee table.. u silly gals!

Lol! I do the basic 2 muscle groups 4 reps, 5 days a week..
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Usually people focus on 1 - 2 body parts per day when lifting .. They do about 3-4 exercises & 3-4 sets for those 2 body parts per workout... But lately my technique/routine is i do 1 exercise with 3 sets .. For each main body part bicep tricep back legs shoulder per workout. i know its alot of math loool, but Is my technique affective at all or just garbage? Does anybody else train the way i do or simular to it? Or the the other way or simular to it

Jaybone said what I was thinking... U went from some sort of split to a FBW... You're a novice and you shouldnt be coming up with your own program. Do something popular like SS, SL, 521, APSBR, etc.... Your lifting sounds like a case of ****arounditis..You need proper programming
  • Brandonalex15
    Brandonalex15 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Because women just flutter around the gym with barbie weights just to kill some time :huh:
    i Knew thered be a couple of girls commenting just to complain looool.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Good then I did not disappoint
  • tpncc
    tpncc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First, apologize to the women or you'll never get all the feedback you need. My wife is 5'0" /125 lbs with a 125 bench and 230 dead-lift so take some advise and edit your post.
    Second, get a book or read on programs about lifting and you will realize why working every muscle is not the way to go. Muscle does not build during the exertion, it builds during the rest and recover. Working everything at once gives you no time to recoop and build muscle.
    Always work the large muscle set first and then the small. Do enough reps to tire the muscle and cause the lactic acid burn. If you only count to ten, you're cheating yourself. Strive to fail. If you work one set twice a week and work to failure, you'll build muscle. Working everything a little every time you go to the gym is not going to get heavy results.

Some links - try to fit some to your routine
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=WorkoutPrograms
    http://www.mensfitness.com/training/workout-routines
  • bvincentelp
    bvincentelp Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Looks like a crap workout to me, I would go one of the established ones.
  • sonia1940
    sonia1940 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I did whole body for several months at the onset to accustom my body to the shock of weights as previously I only did endurance running and recovery period was lengthy. Switched to a 3 day old school split with the usual cst,bb,legs. Sets and reps depend whether it is a heavy day or not.

I think if you look at your workout by principal, secondary, tertiary,etc muscles worked you will know if you are working out the important areas. But Why? with so many established plans out there. The key is as was stated above- structured progression, recovery and diet. The first two come from one of the many plans out there and the last is why MFP is relevant.
  • IHateStarving
    Options
    Pretty damn sexist if you ask me. I could bench you.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You don't have a girlfriend, do you?
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Each person is different but I know for myself and many other like me: if you are really putting the stress on the muscle you are working out in order to get it to grow ten there is no way you can benefit from back to back workouts like that. No way my muscles would be back to 100% in a 24 hour period to be able to put enough stress to cause any efficient growth. Some growth, yeah probably but its just more efficient for me to give it at least 48 hours of time to rebuild. Kinda a do less equals more sometimes case with me.

Just because its sore or your pushing it hard doesn't necessarily mean you are making progress. Just my 2 cents.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

Highly doubtful
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options

and too look pretty and cute! dont forget about that one ;) teheehe
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

Highly doubtful

However, I suppose it is possible.

RkmgHiB.jpg

:laugh: