Why is there SO MUCH negativity here?!

Options

Replies

• jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    The last time we went to TGI Friday's was over 13 years ago. My wife's drink had broken glass in it. We brought it to the attention of our waitress and she was all "so, what? Do you want another one or something?"
    "Yes. Please."

When we got the bill they had charged us for the drink she sent back. The one with the broken glass in it. I took it up with the manager who was RUDE AND A BULLY (see, relevant to this thread). After some harsh words during which I stood up and told him he was ridiculous he finally removed the broken glass drink from our bill.

I did NOT tip that waitress. Because NEGATIVITY!!!!

You're right. That was very negative of you. Did the broken glass in the drink KILL YOU?!? Of course not. Just drink through a straw.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    The last time we went to TGI Friday's was over 13 years ago. My wife's drink had broken glass in it. We brought it to the attention of our waitress and she was all "so, what? Do you want another one or something?"
    "Yes. Please."

When we got the bill they had charged us for the drink she sent back. The one with the broken glass in it. I took it up with the manager who was RUDE AND A BULLY (see, relevant to this thread). After some harsh words during which I stood up and told him he was ridiculous he finally removed the broken glass drink from our bill.

Some people are really picky.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    "Yes. Please."

Couldn't you have just focused on the things she was doing right?

Regardless, you certainly could have phrased your response to be much nicer.
  • FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Isn't this supposed to be a place of support? Time after time I see threads of success and someone rips them a new one for doing it differently then themselves. TDEE isn't for everyone. Paleo isn't for everyone. High carb high sugar eat everything in moderation isn't for everyone. But, no, people with zero medical skill pipe in about how wrong someone's diet choices are. Seriously, how awful is that? Can't we just say, "RIGHT ON!" and move along? What kind of a support system IS this?!

WHERE ARE MY POSITIVE PEOPLE AT?!

Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I usually see the same 20 people criticizing others. There are a few who are just hilarious. If you're on the forums a lot, you'll know whose comments to completely ignore.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Cause opinions are like *kitten*, everyone's got one.:tongue:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Am I the only who notices that the people who start these "everyone is so negative" threads have never spent any of their own time and effort providing people with helpful or useful information?

^this

Ditto
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I usually see the same 20 people criticizing others. There are a few who are just hilarious. If you're on the forums a lot, you'll know whose comments to completely ignore.

I don't. I'm going to need a list for all 3, the 20 criticizing, the hilarious and those to ignore.
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Cause opinions are like *kitten*, everyone's got one.:tongue:
    and the ALL stink!
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Seriously...I turn into a major crab when on a diet. As many people on the board are also. That really should explain a lot.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I don't. I'm going to need a list for all 3, the 20 criticizing, the hilarious and those to ignore.

^this

I would *love* an MFP cheat sheet to help me navigate the forums more easily.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I find it ironic every time I see one of these topics. Generally, the only times I notice negativity is when someone makes a rant thread about it. Anti-negativity threads are such downers. I'm gonna go find a happier thread to hang out in. :frown:
  • MartiCat70
    MartiCat70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think most of us are too starved, tired and pissed-off about having to change our "lifestyles" to be positive... Besides, there's just no fun in that!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Plz list
  • MissBellatrix
    Options
    That is normal, everyone has ups and downs,so in order to lessen it, ranting out is the best key...
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I think most of us are too starved, tired and pissed-off about having to change our "lifestyles" to be positive... Besides, there's just no fun in that!

I would say that if you're starved, tired, and pissed off...

...you're doing it wrong...

...but then I would also be accused of being negative if I said that...

...so I won't.

Here's a flower instead: :flowerforyou:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

^this

I would *love* an MFP cheat sheet to help me navigate the forums more easily.

In to get the internet bully list.
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Run. While you still can.

tumblrm0beomkppg1r5ur0ho1500.gif

Baaahhhhaaaaa!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    WHERE ARE MY POSITIVE PEOPLE AT?!

Succeeding, and off MFP.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I roll my eyes at every 'welcome to the internet' response. *****es, I grew up with the internet. Its changed, and has become an integral part of peoples lives now - as such, normal social guidelines need to start being acknowledged. This is the only board I frequent that still has members saying 'errr its the internet' as an excuse for being a jerk.

Maybe as a general rule of thumb... If you wouldn't say it irl, then its probably mean.
This discussion has been closed.