Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tatoos on females

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Love good ones. Hate flash art even though my 18 year old self got some. It will be covered. This is my fave. An ambigram of my daughters' names. Kali and Emma. It is on my left arm.

phonepics008_zps5747a1f5.jpg

Those look nothing like the names you are claiming they say. I stared for a good three minutes, then had to read your post to find out what the heck they were supposed to say. Tattoo fail. Womp womp.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Indeed. I hate looking around me and seeing what looks like the cast of a “Genghis Kahn” movie. I hate seeing people who are emotionally scarred and deeply disturbed being taken advantage of by yet another money making trend. But mostly, I hate seeing people thinking that their outward appearance can somehow make up for their lack of personality. I believe that most people who get tattooed today simply want acceptance and attention and, in their desperation, have had to resort to mutilating themselves. Tattoos are a cry for help. A Band-Aid on a deep seeded emotion and/or mental breakdown. I would suggest looking for a way to appreciate yourself as you are rather than trying to hide behind lame artwork and inane symbolism.

My personality is super freaking awesome, and I don't have any deep seeded emotional trauma and have never had a mental breakdown. I think I'm the coolest person in the entire universe.
    This coming from a person that loves themselves SO much that they have a fat cat as their picture... Right.

Oh, you poor dear; you poor delusional girl. I must admit you do bring up a good point, though. You actually do belong to a completely different category of tattoo-heads that I failed to mention: the completely oblivious. In many ways, this is the saddest group. They haven’t bothered to put any thought into what they’re doing beyond which tattoo they want to get. They believe they are doing something completely on their own and not encouraged by outside influence. However, if left to yourself and having never been exposed to this lame trend, I would wager large sums of money that the idea of scaring your flesh would have never crossed your mind. To believe that the present “cool factor” of tattooing had nothing to do with your decision is absurd. Oh, you poor sweet girl.

This IS about self-centered self-importance, but, even worse, it’s supported by naivety and utter cluelessness.

Wow. Judgemental to a totally ridiculous extreme. Better remove your head from your *kitten* before you suffocate.
    MY tattoo, which I had done at age 60, was to celebrate the arrival of my niece and her husband on this farm and the love shared by the four of us. That's the whole reason, and the design does honor to all of us. We all have matching tattoos. Everyone remarks on the beauty of the design and the idea behind it.

You got a tattoo at 60? Isn't that past your prime?
    [/quote

Nope, nowhere near past my prime yet.] Still awesome.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,725 Member
    Tattoos are so trashy. I like to keep my temple pure.

<<<Trashy and proud!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    I always find it so amusing how some people who don't like tattoos allow themselves to get so offended and disgusted and riled up by this thing that has absolutely nothing to do with them.

But it's the tattooed folks that have issues? I think not.

people are also "judged" as being close minded for blunt statements of "I don't like them", though no such discreet statements were made in this thread as all like that (in this thread) are pretty inflammatory.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    I have 5...yay for trashy girls! :drinker:
  • Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel ceiling, a masterpiece without precedent

wow! I've been there and never thought of the frescos & murals as wall tattoos.

That settles it for me! God loves Himself a good tattoo! Thank you for the new thought!!! *hug*
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Tattoos are so trashy. I like to keep my temple pure.

^ that... is how it's done folks.

10/10. well played. :drinker:

what?...as in how to rile up a crowd?
    :yawn:
  • sarahfit_
    sarahfit_ Posts: 7 Member
    LOVE them. I currently have 3, I just added a huge side/back piece onto my rib tattoo last week. As long as they are well thought-out and meaningful, they are beautiful. To each their own. My family isn't necessarily into it, and whenever I get more ink they aren't very supportive but love me regardless. It's who I am, and I love each of them for different reasons and what they mean to me. I'm an ink addict!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    No thanks. In my humble opinion, there is really nothing outside good diet and exercise that can improve the female form. It would be like hanging Motley Crue posters in the Taj Mahal, pointless and detracting from the real work of art.

Good design does not need adornment.

Would you put a bumper sticker on a royal royce? I don't think so. A Hyundai, perhaps but not a RR.
    [/quote

royal royce????]
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Yes please.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Love good ones. Hate flash art even though my 18 year old self got some. It will be covered. This is my fave. An ambigram of my daughters' names. Kali and Emma. It is on my left arm.

Those look nothing like the names you are claiming they say. I stared for a good three minutes, then had to read your post to find out what the heck they were supposed to say. Tattoo fail. Womp womp.

I can read them just fine. Maybe you weren't trying hard enough =).
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member

There's no reason to make it worse for yourself though, is there? Show me ONE 60 year old tattoo on an 80 year old that doesn't look like absolute trashy crap, and I'll shut up. If that's cool with you, and you don't mind grossing out your grandchildren every time you sunbathe, I guess that's ok. No judgement, I suppose there are worse things you can do to yourself, like smoke meth. :/ For myself I'll pass, though.

First off, when my grandkids see me, it isn't going to be jaw dropping shocker to see grandma with tattoos. It will be the norm for that generation. And secondly, I can give a rats *kitten* what my grandkids think of my tats. These tattoos were for ME not for anyone else. My kids love them and I'm sure they will teach their kids to love or at least respect people who has them and not be a judgmental moron.
    If it was for YOU, then why did you decide to put it under your face for the entire world to see?

You're an idiot. So why does a person by a Lamborghini when it's for themselves and yet the world see's it? Because it's THEIR choice. Having a tat under "my face", is still for me, it's on my body. The placement is irreverent.
    Worse comparison ever. :laugh:
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    I want one, but I'm a pain weenie and my fiance isn't too keen on them.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Also, the tattoo on my chest means the world to me. I got it while my husband was fighting in Iraq. It has his dogtags and the Latin phase. Amor Vincit Omnia......"Love Conquers All." Also, yellow ribbons for support of our troops.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member

Yeah...no. They are perfectly legible. Vision fail. Womp womp.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member

I don't mind some classy ones here and there, but the ones with full arms, neck back, chest is just disgusting and not to mention it looks retarded.

Well aren't you a lovely person... :noway:

I bet many people could think of many ways to describe you, luckily people have the common decency to keep their mouths shut.
    I really don't give sh1t what you or other people say about me. Maybe that's the difference between me and the rest of the world.
    Wow, yes you entitled to your opinion but the use of the term "retarded" as a derogatory term/description or plain insult reveals just how small minded you truly are.

Maybe it is time to reevaluate the way you communicate and perhaps your judgmental views on the world.

There are A LOT of people on here with children,siblings and friends who have Down Syndrome or intellectual disabilities and you my friend have no doubt offended them all to some degree.

Grow up or shut up!
    Right back at you cupcake.

What do you mean right back at you cupcake, do you not see your insensitivity?

I tend to believe I am behaving in a mature manner, but you sound like a self righteous bigot.
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    I just love how a couple people have illuded to tatoo's being a fad.... Tattoo's have been around for YEARS! In many cultures they are considered to be a sign of high status, and have been that way for YEARS.

If tattoo's are a fad, then they are the longest running, most successful fad I have ever encountered.

As for getting tattoo's because you lack anything.... everyone has a preference, and trying to say that because I have tattoo's makes me less of a person, or a broken person... That is very sad, and very telling about you, Judgy-McJudgerton!

I have very deep meaning for each one of my tattoo's, and the others I have planned are the same. The majority of the people I know that have them are the same. Have you ever heard the saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover"? By being judgemental and close-minded, you miss out on getting to know amazing people, and that is a real shame! However, keep wearing your blinders, and miss out on the opportunity to know great people.
    Do a search in any city in north america of how many tattoo shops there were 20 years ago vs today. I bet it's up 500%. That's a fad.

So by that logic, I'm guessing you would consider the likely 500% increase of fast food restaurants, grocery stores, car dealerships, and big box retail chains a "fad" too.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    An 80 year old body is already gross, you think you won't gross your grandchildren out sunbathing without tattoos?

Yeah, I TOTALLY plan on sunbathing in a bikini when I'm 80... I'm sure my grandkids will ONLY be turned off because of the wrinkled tattoo on my side!

:laugh:

Exactly!! Show me an 80 year old body that looks good and I'm sure the tattoo will look just fine..... :noway: The tattoo will look as good as the body it is on.

this is a good point an 80year old body is an 80 year old body. They are fun to guess what the tattoo used to be on old skin though most of them are WWII navy tats.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Also, if I were looking at a tatted older person nekkid, I'm pretty sure I won't be thinking ewww what an ugly tatt. Should I be lucky enough to reach retirement age & beyond, I get the feeling I'd count myself lucky, tatt or no.

It's not like that skin was going to stay soft supple and unwrinkled *all* my life. Life is meant to be lived, that's gonna show a bit of wear. I'm not the least bit worried.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Meh, sometimes they're attractive, sometimes not. I don't have any myself because a friend convinced me to adopt a "wait two years and see if you still like the design" policy when I was 18. I never like the design anymore after a year, lol.