Tatoos on females

Options

Replies

• Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Meh, sometimes they're attractive, sometimes not. I don't have any myself because a friend convinced me to adopt a "wait two years and see if you still like the design" policy when I was 18. I never like the design anymore after a year, lol.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Also, I would like to point out that my tattoos make me happy. They're for me and no one else. I could care less if other people see them or not - they're covered up 80% of the time anyway. And I am FAR from trashy. I work every day, I wear conservative clothes, and I spend almost all my free time cozied up indoors with my boyfriend. I am polite, kind and respectful. Yes, there are "trashy" people with "trashy" tattoos, but those of you who consider tattoos in general trashy, I take that to mean anyone in general with a tattoo is trashy, and to that I say I'd rather have tattoos and be the person I am, than have no tattoos and be a disgusting, judgemental person like you.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm much more into piercings, but all body modification is beautiful when executed properly. Face tattoos, scarification, suspension.. as long as it is designed and drawn properly, it won't look trashy regardless of location.
    It's like a hair cut. Not everything suits everybody.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are so trashy. I like to keep my temple pure.

Says the woman hiking up her skirt.

that's a woman? :noway:
    I'm really hoping this question was, that's a woman? Dang those are some fine legs! Because if it was anything else...
  • brooklynnchick
    Options
    Also, the tattoo has [my husband's] dogtags and the Latin phase. Amor Vincit Omnia......"Love Conquers All."

awww, i'm a little teary now!! That's straight out of a nick sparks book - very romantical
  • adnamalegna
    adnamalegna Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I don't have any, not a drop- but it isn't because I don't want them. I'm a single mom with two kids and two jobs- food, vehicle, shelter and doing things like taking my kids out to the movies comes first.

I think to each their own- whatever you personally want. I have seen tasteful and sexy, and I have seen downright awful and scary even. But the person who gets them or does not get them is the one who has to deal with that. It isn't my place (or anyone elses) to judge them.

If you want 'em- rock 'em. If you don't like it- don't look. :-)
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

I don't mind some classy ones here and there, but the ones with full arms, neck back, chest is just disgusting and not to mention it looks retarded.

Well aren't you a lovely person... :noway:

I bet many people could think of many ways to describe you, luckily people have the common decency to keep their mouths shut.
    I really don't give sh1t what you or other people say about me. Maybe that's the difference between me and the rest of the world.
    Wow, yes you entitled to your opinion but the use of the term "retarded" as a derogatory term/description or plain insult reveals just how small minded you truly are.

Maybe it is time to reevaluate the way you communicate and perhaps your judgmental views on the world.

There are A LOT of people on here with children,siblings and friends who have Down Syndrome or intellectual disabilities and you my friend have no doubt offended them all to some degree.

Grow up or shut up!
    Right back at you cupcake.

What do you mean right back at you cupcake, do you not see your insensitivity?

I tend to believe I am behaving in a mature manner, but you sound like a self righteous bigot.
    Because retarded is just a word, and I wasn't talking about someones kids. If people are that sensitive to a word, then that's their problem.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    So if tattoos are visible for the world to see they aren't for "me"? So if I dye my hair or wear make up, those to are for the world? Wrong!

The tattoo on my chest is the only visible one. And I show it proudly. It's for my husband and me. He fought for this country, he's a combat veteran and I'm proud to show it off.
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Because retarded is just a word, and I wasn't talking about someones kids. If people are that sensitive to a word, then that's their problem.

Really? Are racial slurs just words, too? How about homophobic slurs?

Boy, aren't you a peach. :noway:
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have three and I might get more. I don't care who thinks I'm "trashy". I love them, my profession is accepting of them and it's my body... I'll decorate it however I please. :drinker:
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I just love how a couple people have illuded to tatoo's being a fad.... Tattoo's have been around for YEARS! In many cultures they are considered to be a sign of high status, and have been that way for YEARS.

If tattoo's are a fad, then they are the longest running, most successful fad I have ever encountered.

As for getting tattoo's because you lack anything.... everyone has a preference, and trying to say that because I have tattoo's makes me less of a person, or a broken person... That is very sad, and very telling about you, Judgy-McJudgerton!

I have very deep meaning for each one of my tattoo's, and the others I have planned are the same. The majority of the people I know that have them are the same. Have you ever heard the saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover"? By being judgemental and close-minded, you miss out on getting to know amazing people, and that is a real shame! However, keep wearing your blinders, and miss out on the opportunity to know great people.
    Do a search in any city in north america of how many tattoo shops there were 20 years ago vs today. I bet it's up 500%. That's a fad.

So by that logic, I'm guessing you would consider the likely 500% increase of fast food restaurants, grocery stores, car dealerships, and big box retail chains a "fad" too.
    Wow, people here have problems coming up with viable comparisons. That's your logic, not mine. Car dealerships and tattoo shops are not in the same realm.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

There's no reason to make it worse for yourself though, is there? Show me ONE 60 year old tattoo on an 80 year old that doesn't look like absolute trashy crap, and I'll shut up. If that's cool with you, and you don't mind grossing out your grandchildren every time you sunbathe, I guess that's ok. No judgement, I suppose there are worse things you can do to yourself, like smoke meth. :/ For myself I'll pass, though.

First off, when my grandkids see me, it isn't going to be jaw dropping shocker to see grandma with tattoos. It will be the norm for that generation. And secondly, I can give a rats *kitten* what my grandkids think of my tats. These tattoos were for ME not for anyone else. My kids love them and I'm sure they will teach their kids to love or at least respect people who has them and not be a judgmental moron.

Oh, look everybody! ANOTHER little girl screeching about how "I' don't care what people think about me". Cute. My niece says the same thing all time.

She's twelve.

When one grows up one realizes that what others think of you can make the difference of getting accepted into a nice colleges, landing the job of your dreams, or being approved for a loan that can change your life. Most adults care about that kind of stuff.

There's a difference between just being secure in yourself, and purposely attempting to shock and offend the world by giving the finger to society "just cause" and accusing everyone of being "judgmental" when they actually are offended.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

I don't mind some classy ones here and there, but the ones with full arms, neck back, chest is just disgusting and not to mention it looks retarded.

Well aren't you a lovely person... :noway:

I bet many people could think of many ways to describe you, luckily people have the common decency to keep their mouths shut.
    I really don't give sh1t what you or other people say about me. Maybe that's the difference between me and the rest of the world.
    Wow, yes you entitled to your opinion but the use of the term "retarded" as a derogatory term/description or plain insult reveals just how small minded you truly are.

Maybe it is time to reevaluate the way you communicate and perhaps your judgmental views on the world.

There are A LOT of people on here with children,siblings and friends who have Down Syndrome or intellectual disabilities and you my friend have no doubt offended them all to some degree.

Grow up or shut up!
    Right back at you cupcake.

What do you mean right back at you cupcake, do you not see your insensitivity?

I tend to believe I am behaving in a mature manner, but you sound like a self righteous bigot.
    So all words are fine to use no matter if they are offensive?

So you are OK with racial slurs, homophobic terms, sexist terminology etc
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Some look good. Some don't. Just don't come at me and try to justify the "special meaning" your tattoo expresses. You have a mouth, expressing yourself shouldn't be so hard. If you are honest and embrace modern tattoos for what they are, fashion, I have no problem with it. But please lets not pretend that the pretty dolphin on your ankle or the tramp stamp on your lower back have some deep spiritual meaning.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

There's no reason to make it worse for yourself though, is there? Show me ONE 60 year old tattoo on an 80 year old that doesn't look like absolute trashy crap, and I'll shut up. If that's cool with you, and you don't mind grossing out your grandchildren every time you sunbathe, I guess that's ok. No judgement, I suppose there are worse things you can do to yourself, like smoke meth. :/ For myself I'll pass, though.

First off, when my grandkids see me, it isn't going to be jaw dropping shocker to see grandma with tattoos. It will be the norm for that generation. And secondly, I can give a rats *kitten* what my grandkids think of my tats. These tattoos were for ME not for anyone else. My kids love them and I'm sure they will teach their kids to love or at least respect people who has them and not be a judgmental moron.

Oh, look everybody! ANOTHER little girl screeching about how "I' don't care what people think about me". Cute. My niece says the same thing all time.

She's twelve.

When one grows up one realizes that what others think of you can make the difference of getting accepted into a nice colleges, landing the job of your dreams, or being approved for a loan that can change your life. Most adults care about that kind of stuff.

There's a difference between just being secure in yourself, and purposely attempting to shock and offend the world by giving the finger to society "just cause" and accusing everyone of being "judgmental" when they actually are offended.
    You do realize that this argument is similar to somebody telling you that you've modified your body too much with weightlifting/fitness, right? People may say you look gross, trashy, unfeminine. It's basically the same argument, different topic. A lot of people don't find what you do attractive either. What would you say to somebody who told you that you look awful?

You'd probably say the same thing that modified people should say to you.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    HORRIBLE!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

She's twelve.

All of my tattoos are easily covered. When going to professional settings, I don't wear a bikini. I wear the proper attire. But if it's a casual setting I have no problem showing one or more off. And I don't care what others think of me. It has nothing to do with maturity, but has everything to do with individuality. If one can't accept me for who I am, well that person doesn't need to be in my life. It's simple really.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I have four. Love them all. Getting more. Two have special meaning and two were just designs I really liked. I think it's absurd all of this "keeping your temple pure" nonsense. I hope you don't have pierced ears lady... no different.

When I am 80 years old an my memory is fading I will look down at my tattoos and have a living scrap book.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

She's twelve.

Most people cover up their tattoos when they go in for important things like interviews and such. Also, most people don't get their tattoos to offend others. I rarely see offensive tattoos anyways. They are becoming more socially accepted and I'd wager a good portion of the people doing interviews have a few themselves. Yes, they can cause problems, but having a loud, obnoxious attitude spewing from your face towards others can do way more harm than a butterfly on your neck or a flower on your hip lol.
  • Liss_Bee
    Liss_Bee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Ahhh haa, too funny. =D

easy-way-to-eat-popcorn-while-playing-computer_o_1107315.jpg