Self Hate -- Weekend Rant

Options

Replies

• WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Aww, it's not often that someone can fearlessly bare their soul and admit their shortcomings, publicly, in a constructive way. I agree whole-heartedly that you shouldn't have torn yourself down in front of other people. I do the same thing, and I've been making an effort, over time, to stop it. It makes other people feel uncomfortable, and it makes me less attractive. At least, you see this and have the courage to face it and work on it. Good for you!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    He paid for all the drinks and food for HER! I even bought a round for everyone which she did not ... She talked a lot about how often other men buy her the things she wants so I am sure she is used to it. That was strange too because any other time we have gone out I have NEVER paid ... I think he is saying loud and clear that he isnt interested.

Oh Josh is HOT for sure! Smart, funny, a mamas boy, wants kids, successful.

Now there are some GREAT things about me ... name anything besides looks (and after this, my self image) and I am ALLLLL THAT just not so much my body shape and size.

to clarify, you guys got separate checks and he paid for his and hers but not yours? or you're shocked because he paid for all three of your bills? or......there was one check and you offered to put some cash on it and he didn't stop you?
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    This hit home... real hard. Reading this was like reading into my own life.

I completely disagree with everyone who is making D out to be a victim in the situation. This is just my opinion of course so don't stone me. Her lack of regard for OP's feelings when she said "OMG I need to lose weight," was just her sly way of fishing for compliments. Obviously the guys were already attracted to her and it just sounds like she was trying to rub it in OP's face. I have no pity for attention wh*res regardless if they think they're not doing anything wrong. Some girls are subconsciously attention wh*res... and that's why it's so hard to make lady friends.

(BTW, some of these responses are uncalled for. Only take into consideration what is helpful and ignore those rude people. You deserve better.)

"Be your best and *kitten* the rest." - Me
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    So how hot is J?
    Give me his number, i'll uhhmm... call him and see if he's interested. In you, I mean...

OP didn't mention whether or not he footed the bill for all the shots and food. If not, I don't think he's your type. :wink:

Ahh. Good point. If he's broke OP can keep him.

You aint messin' wit no...
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    He asked for the checks to be seperate ... he paid for hers and his and I paid for mine.

50540473.png
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    So how hot is J?
    Give me his number, i'll uhhmm... call him and see if he's interested. In you, I mean...

OP didn't mention whether or not he footed the bill for all the shots and food. If not, I don't think he's your type. :wink:

Ahh. Good point. If he's broke OP can keep him.

You aint messin' wit no...

#noshameinmygame.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

I completely disagree with everyone who is making D out to be a victim in the situation. This is just my opinion of course so don't stone me. Her lack of regard for OP's feelings when she said "OMG I need to lose weight," was just her sly way of fishing for compliments. Obviously the guys were already attracted to her and it just sounds like she was trying to rub it in OP's face. I have no pity for attention wh*res regardless if they think they're not doing anything wrong. Some girls are subconsciously attention wh*res... and that's why it's so hard to make lady friends.

(BTW, some of these responses are uncalled for. Only take into consideration what is helpful and ignore those rude people. You deserve better.)

"OMG I hate attention wh*res even when they aren't trying to be one!"

Followed shortly by:

"Hey guys look at this quote that I made up, you can tell I made it up because I put '-me' at the end of it. I'm so witty!"

:laugh:

Teasing aside, I really don't think "D" did anything wrong. She got asked to hang out. She showed up. OP talked about weight loss/body image a lot, which likely made D uncomfortable. D responded with a comment that was on-topic and that was most likely meant to make OP feel better.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    He asked for the checks to be seperate ... he paid for hers and his and I paid for mine.

50540473.png

Well, imo, that's just rude. He invited you both out, so he should pay for both, or neither. Then again, I might be missing something in the equation?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I disagree that she was automatically fishing for compliments saying she needed to lose weight. It was a shock to me when I got to goal weight and discovered that I still had body image issues, but I did. It's highly likely that this girl really does feel like she needs to lose weight. I've learned that my insecurity can make those around me feel even more insecure so I try to rein it in, but she may just not realize that yet.

I think most people are 100 times more critical of themselves than they are of other people. If I see someone with a body just like mine I'll think it's a gorgeous body and I'll see all the positives about it. But looking at myself I see negatives. It's just as likely to me that she doesn't see herself at all the way the OP described her.
  • DavPul
    Options

well damn, what's the question here? i'm sorry you had a bad time and that this "get together" wasn't actually the date you hoped for, but it's perfectly clear where his interests lie. move on, because there's no there there.

p1X3Ymv.gif
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

lol
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options

50540473.png

Well, imo, that's just rude. He invited you both out, so he should pay for both, or neither. Then again, I might be missing something in the equation?

Well, he did just invite her to watch football. It sounds like this was him meeting a friend to a watch a football game with his date.

OP might just have to let this one go, because he does not seem to be into you the way you are for him. And you might just keep setting yourself up for more hurt feelings.

Give your attention and time to a man that is interested in you.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

well damn, what's the question here? i'm sorry you had a bad time and that this "get together" wasn't actually the date you hoped for, but it's perfectly clear where his interests lie. move on, because there's no there there.

p1X3Ymv.gif

this.
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options

You've got serious issues! :noway:
  • BetterMe83
    BetterMe83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I sooooooo feel you on this. Thanks for sharing your story:smile:
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options

50540473.png

Agreed. What was up with that??? :frown:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    4. I am not going to lie I was totally intimidated by her beauty! I got to know her and I really enjoyed her personality, we probably will still be friends and as open as I am I would probably tell her that I was intimidated. She said she doesn’t really have a lot of girlfriends and wanted to hang out again. I wrote her and told her that she was beautiful inside and out, especially since I was acting (like someone wisely put it) CRAZY … I don’t down talk other people DUH just myself

So she was beautiful *and* had a great personality!!!

How dare she!
  • DavPul
    Options
    4. I am not going to lie I was totally intimidated by her beauty! I got to know her and I really enjoyed her personality, we probably will still be friends and as open as I am I would probably tell her that I was intimidated. She said she doesn’t really have a lot of girlfriends and wanted to hang out again. I wrote her and told her that she was beautiful inside and out, especially since I was acting (like someone wisely put it) CRAZY … I don’t down talk other people DUH just myself

So she was beautiful *and* had a great personality!!!

How dare she!

I totally agree!! She sounds awful! In fact, the OP should PM me that girl's number so I can give her a piece of my mind!!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP, just go for the hot girl instead of the guy. Easy solution.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    There will always be someone prettier, slimmer, smarter, funnier, richer, nicer, cooler, etc. etc. etc. The trick is to try and not compete...just enjoy your time out with your friends. Life is short and one day you will be old. You are every bit as good as the other girl....and exceptionally pretty too, by the way.

This all the way.

Nothing you didn't already know, I'm sure, and sometimes easier said than done. That's why ya gotta keep practicing.