7 Day Fruit and Vegetables only!!!

Options

Replies

• DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    ok, but you dont NEED 100 g of protein. i eat around 75-85g a day. but i work out 6 days a week so i think its necessary
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

I eat close to 100 on a regular basis and I'm not even trying.
    Did I say anything about having to consume 100g of protein? No. I am talking about "great sources of protein"

lol ok and there are PLENTY of great plant based proteins so. relax.
    no
  • DatMurse
    Options
    First, let me say WOW!!!!!! Seriously....WOW!!! I had no idea people would react so severely to a truly honest question. Everyone is different. As you can see, I have lost well over 70lbs. I didn't do it by simply starving myself. I have been balancing my diet and working out. I was a bit busy so I rushed my entry a bit. But let me explain a bit further, I have been feeling a bit sluggish lately and have been trying to find a HEALTHY way to boost my energy and also cleanse my body. I believe I mentioned that in my original post. Some people suggested a master cleanse but that was too drastic for me. Based on what I've read, I thought the possibility of a mainly raw diet for a few days might do me some good. My apologies on the misleading headline as I fully intend to have other sources of protein and healthy fats.

But seriously, there is no need to be negative. There is a way to explain something to someone without trying to make them feel like a complete idiot. Thank you to all who are cheering me on whether you agree or not.

For all of you that don't know, below is a very SHORT list of vegan/vegetarian sources for protein.
    Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok
    tell me what food group and how much of it you would have to eat to reach 100g of protein other than tofu

What horrible things do you think will happen to the OP if she gets less than 100g of protein per day for 7 days?

did I say anything about it being unhealthy for 7 days?

I keep seeing people talk about "great sources of protein" when the protein intake is far below 10% of the calories.

Since the OP didn't say what her protein goal was, where did you get this magic number of 100g if it doesn't have to do with her goals or her health?
    because its a general number

Ok
    Where can she get 75g of protein? how much food would she have to consume to get that?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    First, let me say WOW!!!!!! Seriously....WOW!!! I had no idea people would react so severely to a truly honest question. Everyone is different. As you can see, I have lost well over 70lbs. I didn't do it by simply starving myself. I have been balancing my diet and working out. I was a bit busy so I rushed my entry a bit. But let me explain a bit further, I have been feeling a bit sluggish lately and have been trying to find a HEALTHY way to boost my energy and also cleanse my body. I believe I mentioned that in my original post. Some people suggested a master cleanse but that was too drastic for me. Based on what I've read, I thought the possibility of a mainly raw diet for a few days might do me some good. My apologies on the misleading headline as I fully intend to have other sources of protein and healthy fats.

But seriously, there is no need to be negative. There is a way to explain something to someone without trying to make them feel like a complete idiot. Thank you to all who are cheering me on whether you agree or not.

For all of you that don't know, below is a very SHORT list of vegan/vegetarian sources for protein.
    Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok
    tell me what food group and how much of it you would have to eat to reach 100g of protein other than tofu

What horrible things do you think will happen to the OP if she gets less than 100g of protein per day for 7 days?

I keep seeing people talk about "great sources of protein" when the protein intake is far below 10% of the calories.

Since the OP didn't say what her protein goal was, where did you get this magic number of 100g if it doesn't have to do with her goals or her health?

Ok
    Where can she get 75g of protein? how much food would she have to consume to get that?

She could always have a vegan protein shake, if that were her goal. But agin, not hitting that goal for 7 straight days will not make much difference in the grand scheme of things.
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    This week I will be eating fruits and vegetables. I am doing this kind of to prepare for Thanksgiving. I know I will indulge in a lot of foods that are usually off limits. So I decided, I may be able to prevent a huge set back in my weight loss journey by doing this. I have been hearing a lot about "juicing" and shake diets but I think I need the option of actually chewing food lol. Have any of you had experience with juicing or shakes?

I'm hoping to see some great non scale results after these 7 days such as: mental clarity, more vibrant skin etc. What do you all think?

I don't understand why you think a week on fruit and veg is going to 'prepare' you for a day of over-eating. And why are the foods you will eat 'off limits'? The point of a calorie counted eating plan is that NOTHING is off limits. You just eat what you want...but you eat small amounts.

Why do you need to have a binge just because it's one of the USA holidays? Will you have to do the same at Christmas .....and New Year.....and Easter......
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok

Probably from the same place you got the idea that avocados and beans would be a great Thanksgiving meal.
  • hbmcracer
    hbmcracer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    DO NOT eat raw turkey though. Salmonella is no freakin joke! :sick:

But it's a helluva diet plan, last time I had some undercooked poultry from the crazy chicken place, I lost like 10 lbs over night.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ok, but you dont NEED 100 g of protein. i eat around 75-85g a day. but i work out 6 days a week so i think its necessary
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

Did I say anything about having to consume 100g of protein? No. I am talking about "great sources of protein"

no

yes. and this is completely off topic. shes not talking about her protein or fat goals. shes was looking for people who have done similar detoxes or whatever she wants to do, i can't even remember because ive been reading too many ignorant posts from people like you.
  • DatMurse
    Options

Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok

Ok

She could always have a vegan protein shake, if that were her goal. But agin, not hitting that goal for 7 straight days will not make much difference in the grand scheme of things.
    Now did I say anything about drinking a shake? no. I am talking bout her list over sources of protein
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Probably from the same place you got the idea that avocados and beans would be a great Thanksgiving meal.

I never had that idea, but if that's what someone enjoys then I see nothing wrong with it.
  • bcattoes
    Options

Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok

Ok

Now did I say anything about drinking a shake? no. I am talking bout her list over sources of protein

What does it matter what you said? She listed soy, soy protein powder is an option.
  • DatMurse
    Options
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

no

yes. and this is completely off topic. shes not talking about her protein or fat goals. shes was looking for people who have done similar detoxes or whatever she wants to do, i can't even remember because ive been reading too many ignorant posts from people like you.
    no it isnt. She made a list about sources of protein to try to educate us.

Or maybe you need to start reading before you start posting, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about based on your pasts posts of stating someone needs 30g of protein a day
  • DatMurse
    Options

Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok

Ok

What does it matter what you said? She listed soy, soy protein powder is an option.
    she didnt say soy protein powder, she simply said soybeans.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

no

Or maybe you need to start reading before you start posting, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about based on your pasts posts of stating someone needs 30g of protein a day

k bro. 30g of protein a day for 7 DAYS WILL NOT KILL HER.
  • DatMurse
    Options
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

no

k bro. 30g of protein a day for 7 DAYS WILL NOT KILL HER.
    ok,
    well earlier you said you dont need more than 30g a day unless you a body builder?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    But let me explain a bit further, I have been feeling a bit sluggish lately and have been trying to find a HEALTHY way to boost my energy and also cleanse my body. I believe I mentioned that in my original post. Some people suggested a master cleanse but that was too drastic for me.

I'd like to know...what are you cleansing? Your body is not in need of cleansing...

ETA: NOT trying to turn this into a cleansing thread...just curious...
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yah no...you need protien and fats in your diet.

I know the Thanksgiving in the States is huge but why not just eat the food in moderation????

Beans and avocado

Why would one eat beans and avocado in moderation on Thanksgiving?

Apparently so that you can fart as much as possible and offend as many family members and friends as you possibly can!!!
  • bcattoes
    Options
    she didnt say soy protein powder, she simply said soybeans.

:indifferent:
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

DO NOT eat raw turkey though. Salmonella is no freakin joke! :sick:
    [/quote]

But it's probably a quick way to lose some weight - quite possibly the ultimate cleanse. Just sayin'
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Lots of protein in dark, leafy greens. And potatoes are vegetables. Go for it!

You'd have to eat 2.2 pounds (one kilo) of spinach to get a measly 29g of protein. Have fun with that.

Agree
  • jvillagomez36
    Options
    Blender fruit and veggie with water. That way you can chew the fiber of the fruit and veggies. Blending doesn't liquify the fruits and veggies
This discussion has been closed.