November 2013 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options
    Done and DONE!! In your FACE freezing cold weather! So excited to complete my first Move Your @ss Challenge and actually make my goal! Woo-HOO! Thanks for including me.
    Congrats to ICIASULLO on making her GOAL!!!!! Nice job on your first outing! :happy::happy:

WHEREISMYCOFFEE - Thank you for your understanding and the kind words. :flowerforyou: I keep telling anyone who will listen that I have gotten so much back and continue getting so much back from all of you participating in this challenge as opposed to what I put in that I still feel like I'm getting the better end of the deal. :bigsmile: But again, thank you. It does take a fair amount of time each day, but I can happily say that I honestly enjoy it and I do it willingly. Seeing so many of you succeeding....and whether you make goal or not really isn't the most important thing...what matters is that this challenge is making a difference in getting you to move more...whether it's only a little more than before or a LOT more. I'm happy that this challenge can be a part of the reason for you getting stronger.

LAURA6887 - No kidding about how fast these threads are moving each day!! :happy: I love it!! And congrats on your longest run yet. That's so cool. It really does make a person feel good to push through those walls to new territory. :smile:

RUNTHISTOWN00 - Feels so good to finally get it, doesn't it?? I just recently "got it" myself too! It really is as simple as the more you do it, the easier it gets to keep doing it! It's the whole law of inertia. "An object at rest tends to remain at rest and an object in motion tends to remain in motion..." When it finally became easy for me was when I was doing something EVERY SINGLE DAY. Not the same exact activity every day, mind you, or I would have gotten burnt out, but mixing up the running, walking, biking, elliptical....sometimes walking along with something else....that was the key.

CMCIS - HOLY BUCKETS!!!!!! You just went from 18% of goal to 167%!!!!!!!! CONGRATS on making your GOAL!!!!! :drinker::drinker: Very happy you found a new activity that you enjoy so much!! I'm looking forward to being able to downhill ski again here in a week or two. :smile:

Thanks everyone for the congrats on me hitting my goal! :flowerforyou:

We are now a measly *75 miles* from breaking the monthly miles record!!!!

Dave
    Darkrider42

PS....Oh and spreadsheet updated to here. :)
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options
    YAY Darkrider42!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: GOAL and 5 more days to get.......BONUS MILES! :bigsmile:
    You know it, TAXMOM!!! My most favoritist kind of miles ever...BONUS MILES!!! :bigsmile::bigsmile:

I don't know what subject you teach, but just try to look the other way at my blatant thumbing of proper grammar there... :wink::laugh: I know it's wrong, but it feels so right to be silly sometimes. :)

Dave
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I walk between 15K to 25K steps each day, which is around 7.5 - 12.5 miles per day. That puts me at a minimum of 232.5 miles/month.
  • Beckyann1971
    Options
    Thanks Dave! Thanks for all the support you offer everyone here!

ETA: Congrats to all who have made goal today and over the weekend! Especially those who did it in the cold that's quite impressive to me!
    4 miles today, 2 from c25k and 2 from walking after wards. I realized, I'm not likely to hit my goal, though Ill keep pushing for it, but not much time left, and the time left is pretty crazy. No matter what happens though, where I'm at right now is a victory. This time last year I had to quit working out all together, as well as quit work and driving. Then as I started to get back to things, had Gallbladder removed. I still don't know if I will ever be where I was two summers ago, but to be regularly active again is a celebration in itself.

exercise.png
    BECKYANN1971 - You snuck in there ahead of my update! :wink: No worries, I got you. So very glad to hear that you are happy with how things are going and have such a great attitude and outlook on this. Yeah, sure, while hitting goal might be nice, it's not the most important thing....what's important isimprovement. Being better than you were last week, last month, last year, and so on. And it sounds like you have PLENTY to be so very proud of there! I'm happy and proud for you too! :flowerforyou:

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: We really need a little guy on the treadmill smiley.

Nice work
    You mean like this?? smiley-sport015.gif

Thanks! :bigsmile:
    Dave

Yes! I'll be spending hours on this website looking at all of them.

This one is what I look like on the treadmill.

smiley-sport040.gif
  • vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been in a while, just counting since last time I updated and it was 9 days ago.

Up to when I went to bed last night I was up to 181.45km.

I think I made my challenge 195 and with 5 days to go (incl today) I should make it.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    11/25 - 15 miles
    11/26 - 11 miles

exercise.png
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I know this will be the group to help me...my left leg has felt tight right behind the knee for a week now. I have a Half in 12 days. I did a 12 mile day this past Saturday at a 12:26 pace (which is good for me especially for that long of a distance). I also have a 4 mile run T Day morning. I have never really been injured before and I know this is mild in comparison to what others have been through. I keep thinking that this will just go away like any other sore muscle, but it hasn't. My question is do I take it easier/slower on my runs until the Half or actually take a few days totally off (my miles that I put in here are about half running/walking and half stationary bike)?

Thanks for your help!
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    making progress...:smile:

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @Lisa, wow you have been doing AWESOME fitness wise & weightloss! WTG girl!! You also have been hard on your body with ALL of this activity so I suggest you see a chiropractor. Get EVERY thing back in it's right place now before other body parts start to feel it! I get an adjustment EVERY week! Good luck in your upcoming runs!
  • Tbee1966
    Tbee1966 Posts: 123
    Options
    11/26: 2 miles C25k W3D1

29.37/35

exercise.png
  • 0nehappyheart
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options

exercise.png

11/25= 2.75miles
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    almost there 64.9 mtd

exercise.png
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I feel like such a slacker! Everyone is doing such a great job! I couldn't make myself get out there and move in these frigid temps the last few days. Good news is, I get to join a gym next week!

exercise.png
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    11/25: 2.4 miles (woo-hoo!)

Total so far: 19.75 miles; goal of 20 mi

ETA: I think I was .5 mi off in my last post (sorry--it gets confusing because I am tracking bike miles too but not counting them). I triple checked this number and it is right--only .25 miles to go!!
  • bflogal854
    bflogal854 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I promised an update...life just gets so busy at times....not sure what I've reported in the past so I'm going to put the days and miles for all of November:

11/1 - 1 mile
    11/3 - 2.25 miles
    11/10 - 3.25 miles
    11/13 - 1.25 miles
    11/14 - 1.50 miles
    11/16 - 2.50 miles
    11/17 - 3 miles
    11/19 - 2.50 miles
    11/21 - 1.25 miles
    11/23 - 1.50 miles
    11/24 - 2.75 miles
    11/25 - .50 mile

Thanks,
    Deb
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all who have made goal! :drinker: And we all have four more days, those of us that haven't.
  • jannalovescoffee
    jannalovescoffee Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    2.8 Miles last night
    21.57 miles total

exercise.png
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post my few miles over the weekend. They may be small, but they put me over my estimate, so I'm happy.

exercise.png