"H20" 12 Pounds of Christmas Challenge - Week 1

Options

Replies

• kattungen
    Options
    I want to join! Hopefully I'll get the images right...

5135333861_c12545a1b8.jpg

5135330019_07dff0d95e.jpg

Edit: yay, I did it!

Okay, so I'm at 188.3 lbs (85,4 kgs) today, and want to lose 5 lbs by December 1st :)
  • stormywxs
    stormywxs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Here goes third try for before pic. Sorry to bother you all with this. Thanks for all of the suggestions:smile: If it doesn;t work this time I guess it was just not to be.
    [img]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l541/stormywxs1/Muffin Top/MffinTop0023-1-1.jpg[/img]

Great it worked. Have to admit I was hoping it wouldn't. Oh well, it's out there now. :blushing: Thanks again for all of your help!!! See you next week.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    If I don't get in now, I'll never get in... last month was a terrible month in so many ways... so here I am. I'd like to be able to run a 5k under 44min, so I'm going to do what I can to get under that time. Although, my next 5k isn't until right after the new year, maybe I'll find another 5k near me that is just before Christmas. Either way, I'll be running a 5k.

As for my weight, my starting weight is 201.6 and I'm hoping to see 189.6 (if not a little less.)

And as for clothes, these jeans are a small 14 ( I say small b/c I wear a 14...) and I can't get them over my rump, thus the need for the towel..I don't care if I can zip them, I just would like to see them fit over the bum!
    h20.jpg

Edited: I also have an anklet from my wedding that my hubby gave to me that I had to wear as a bracelet b/c my ankles were huge, so I'd also like to wear it in the right place!
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I will post pocture tonight, but arrrghhh...I am up five pounds from this last week. I am at 150. Hurts to write that down. :( (Only because I was at 140 and I keep moving that ticker up).
  • sandi50lock
    sandi50lock Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Count me in I will get a pic up later on today
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm in, and for jumping rope, if you don't have a rope on Jillians work out videos we just make the motions with our hands and jump as if there were a rope. That is what I will do for my challenge, and the pic will be posted tonight.

SW: 157
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    In. I'll take a photo today and post it. Gotta decide what I want to wear!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Am I too late? I'll post my picture and weight tonight if that's ok.

By Christmas I want to be doing 45 minutes of working out 4-5 days a week. I want to be able to fit back into the jeans I did last March when I was on track to be at goal.
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect challenge. I am going to do 200 mins cardio a week, plus 50 push ups a day ( its another MFP challenge), and up my water from 32 to 84 oz at least.

Don't know about my before pics though?
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just changed my signature!

Starting weight 211.2 (although I may have done some damage to that over the weekend!)
    Challenge weight 199.2 (aagh! One-der-land)

Still trying to figure out the item of clothing.

Will try to have pix tomorrow night. Busy, busy tonight!
  • Ckonner
    Ckonner Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My biggest thing is I am going to contunue with what I'm doing as far as eating goes. No changes there except what MFP suggests. Exercise: I am going to do 3000 minutes of some sort of exercise that is HRM worthy - I use it when I have my exercise clothes and shoes on. In those minutes I want to make sure I include 50 push ups, 50 crunches, 50 reverse crunches, 50 right ab crunches and 50 left side crunches a day - since my abs get neglected! I also want to up my water intake.
    I'm not sure about posting my current picture on-line yet.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'd really like to join this group, it is perfect for me at this time. I need all the motivation and focus I can until the end of the year because Onderland is finally a seeable! I have not been in wonderland for 15 years and what a better start to the New Year would there be? I started my journey at 261.5 and am now at 212, losing 12 pounds by Christmas will not only be a great accomplishment but also get me to Onderland! So I am excited. I do not have a too small outfit to take a picture of because I was 250 lbs plus for almost 10 years. I am at the point in my weight loss where I am having to buy clothes as EVERYTHING in my closet is too big! I will find something to take a recent picture in and will post it asap.

My goal for this challenge it to get back to the gym as the past two weeks I have not been there due to being sick followed by my husband being out of the country and having no one to take care of the kids. I'd like to set my goal at a minimum of 4 times a week and the other days do one active activity. My other goal is going to be doing an ab workout every other day. I have thus far ignored my abs and they seem to be the slowest part of losing weight so I'll go with that.
  • phoenixrising31
    phoenixrising31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Okay here are my stats:

Current weight: 213.4
    Goal weight: under 200 (a little over 12, but I'd be happy with 201.4 too)

I want to be able to run a 10 minute mile without taking walk breaks by Christmas.

Here is my outfit, don't mind the hair and makeup (it was my Halloween costume for work, I was business barbie): I would like to be able to wear it comfortably.

IMG_20101029_082745.jpg

IMG_20101029_082732-1.jpg
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just changed my signature!

Starting weight 211.2 (although I may have done some damage to that over the weekend!)
    Challenge weight 199.2 (aagh! One-der-land)

Still trying to figure out the item of clothing.

Will try to have pix tomorrow night. Busy, busy tonight!

Ahhhhhhh... ONEderland, so near and yet so far!!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Starting weight

Goal weight

58104_440701987122_509387122_5425392_2634701_n.jpg

This is what I looked like at 162, cant take a new one as I feel so ill :(
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I'll upload photos soon... and I know just which article of clothing. I just bought my next size down pair of jeans and I need to do a little work to fit into them. :happy: I'm in!

I plan to increase the amount of pushups I can do from 25 to 75. (hopefully more!) My starting weight for this challenge is 186, and I'd like to be down to 174 by christmas - my college weight!! I'm hoping to go further than that this coming spring.

PS: Can someone explain to me how to add the 12 pounds of christmas banner and pictures to this post?
  • NuNusMaMa
    Options
    Im in! I will post pictures when I get some taken!! I will up my work out from 30 minutes to an hour every night! Not just 3 days a week...I am determined to get my weight off before my next venture on Dec 17th!!!!!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Thanks, April, but I won't be putting my pics up. You all are at least 100 lbs lighter than I am and I just don't want to see pics of me up there with all you small people. lol I hope that doesn't mean I'm disqualified from the challenge. :) I take pictures every 25 lbs lost or so for my own records. But from experience there will be no change in how I look between now and 12 pounds from now. Someone my weight has to lose A LOT before it's even noticeable.

I hope everyone had an excellent Halloween! *hugs*

Im barely under 300 hun.. Ive been struggling lately with all the craziness.. but im trying.. i dont like seeing pictures of myself at times either.. I am FAT.. and i know ill still look FAT when its done.. I have that nasty fat that hangs because of all my start stop diets.. i hate it.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Thanks, April, but I won't be putting my pics up. You all are at least 100 lbs lighter than I am and I just don't want to see pics of me up there with all you small people. lol I hope that doesn't mean I'm disqualified from the challenge. :) I take pictures every 25 lbs lost or so for my own records. But from experience there will be no change in how I look between now and 12 pounds from now. Someone my weight has to lose A LOT before it's even noticeable.

I hope everyone had an excellent Halloween! *hugs*

Im barely under 300 hun.. Ive been struggling lately with all the craziness.. but im trying.. i dont like seeing pictures of myself at times either.. I am FAT.. and i know ill still look FAT when its done.. I have that nasty fat that hangs because of all my start stop diets.. i hate it.

Yeah, I have the hanging fat too, but it's not from yo-yo dieting, as I've never really been on and off of diets. This is actually the only time in my life I've seriously worked on losing weight. I tried slim fast once but that lasted like 2 days and I don't think I lost anything. lol

At least you're UNDER 300 though! hahah It's crazy, as much as I've lost and I'm still way over 300. I've never been under 300 lbs in my adult life and was 300 by the time I was in high school.

What scares me is that I used to love my body, and love being a big girl. But the longer I am on a weight loss journey the more and more self-conscious I get about my body. It's making me crazy that it even bothers me that most of you all are a lot smaller than me. It shocks and disappoints me that I don't even want to post pics of myself. When did this happen? It seems I'm reverting back to a time in my life when I was ashamed of my body and I don't like it one bit. I'm disappointed in myself for feeling embarrassed about my size. I shouldn't be. People come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes and that's ok. It angers me to realize that I'm starting feel differently about my body.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    People come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes and that's ok. It angers me to realize that I'm starting feel differently about my body.

^ This.

Stacy, while I'd love to see you post your pics, I respect your decision not to. Statement about people being different shapes and sizes is beyond true, and we often forget that. I wish you could still see yourself in a confident and self-assured light, because I think you're gorgeous and a wonderful, friendly, and supportive person.