Pregnancy 2010 - November

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before trying to conceive (TTC)
b) (Trying to conceive) TTC
c) Pregnant

Most people weigh in on Wednesdays, however you can weigh in on whichever day works best for you!

Welcome all!

Replies

• jenjen84
    jenjen84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi, we are just starting to TTC so I am still trying to drop some more weigh before I get pregnant. I have lost a little over 40 pounds this year to get ready and now that we are starting to try I would like to continue and then once I am pregnant stay as close to the recommended weight gain as possible. I gained 70 pounds with my first daughter, lost none of it and then gained 40 pound with my second one. Good Luck to Everyone!
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds since January and we started TTC in Sept after I got my IUD out.. Well to our surprise, we are pregnant! My goal this pregnancy is to eat good and watch my weight. I gained a TON with Andrew (he's getting ready to turn 4).
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Wow, November 1st already. It sure felt like it here this morning ~ brrr.

I just finished my 6 miles and I struggled today and wanted to quit. Usually my 2 year old plays but today he wanted to watch Elmo so nothing too exciting on the tv to entertain me.

Time to go through the Halloween candy while the oldest kids are at school. There is so much I have no idea what to even do with it all.

Have a great day everyone!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds since January and we started TTC in Sept after I got my IUD out.. Well to our surprise, we are pregnant! My goal this pregnancy is to eat good and watch my weight. I gained a TON with Andrew (he's getting ready to turn 4).

Congratulations!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Bumping for my topics! 2 months till hubster and I start TTC! Getting close!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I can't belive it's November already. DH and I will start TTC next month!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hopefully I'll be more active on this thread soon!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I can't believe it's November either.

Nothing going on this week for me, next Tuesday though is my 34 week appointment and growth ultrasound. :)

Good luck to all TTC/getting ready to TTC.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else had issues with severe heartburn. I hit 18 weeks today and about an hour after I woke up I have had the worst heartburn every.

It is like pure acid burn, but there isn't any reflux.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Well, I had the dreaded moment I knew was comming. I got on the scale this morning and am up 2 lbs from last week:sad: I am really really really having a hard time accepting the weight gain, even though I know I need to gain some for the baby to be healthy, it is so hard to get the weight loss mentality out of your brain.

I am going to try to get on the elliptical tonight, even if it is just for 10 minutes. I really need to get myself moving more than I am right now.

Ckmama- no heartburn here, but I have been on a prescription for the past 11 years for acid reflux, so I think that is my saving grace. I know my sister-in-law is really suffering though. She is miserable. She is sleeping in a recliner that they moved from the living room into their bedroom. She said it really helps her sleep, and it helps so it isn't as bad during the day. I am not sure if that is a possiblity for you, but she said it has made it about 50% better.
  • ckmama
    Options
    Don't worry too much about the weight gain if you are in the right ranges for gain. I'm way over so I'm concerned.

I read the other day if you aren't gaining you aren't eating enough and if you are gaining too quickly (me) you are eating too much.

I guess as long as your baby is nourished and you're both healthy. I think the weight gain for the end of the first trimester is an average of 10 lbs, then 1 lb a week for the second trimester depending on your starting weight.
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hello ladies sorry I have been MIA for a while. School midterms have kept my super busy. I have been logging a lot more which is great I just need to add some more exercise to my daily regiment at least another walk or two through the week .
    SW(before Pregnancy)-164
    CW(because of Pregnancy )-190.6
    I am in the third trimester and my doctors appointment is tomorrow so I have only gained 1lb since my last visit which is super since they said to try to only gain 2 -3 lbs. Its a bummer that I am only 30 weeks and I have already gained 26 lbs but its not as bad as long as I stay healthy and my LO is born healthy.

CKMAMA-I thankfully have never had the dreaded heartburn but I have had acid reflux yuck but it cleared up I had to stop drinking my morning tea I like earl grey and it had too much caffeine I guess.

My shower is coming up this Saturday and I am so excited to have all my family and friends come together.

Good luck to those of you TTC
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Bump! Yay for a new month hope to join you all soon!
    Prayin for that BFP in less than a week :)
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am sure getting hit with heartburn a lot lately too. Tums are definitely my friend!! I have been taking pepcid nightly anyway, but now I am starting to wonder if I need one in the morning too. I hate heartburn with a passion!!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Random ultrasound question - how many do you normally have? I had, with my first, one total the whole time - around 21 weeks to just make sure all the limbs were there and the organs were developed (and find the sex). Then some of my friends had kids and had 3 or 4 or 5 ultrasounds, starting really early - like 8-12 weeks. I didn't know if that was normal or if one was normal? I sort of figured that maybe they just skipped a lot of the tests on me since I was on state-paid low income health care or maybe it was just my doc. Interested to see if they do the same this time, though I'm only 9 weeks so have not even made my first apt yet. (I have my "insurance" appointment tomorrow to see if it will be paid for or if I'm going to be having this thing in the back yard! Last time just the hospital bill was $26,000 which was more than our household income that year! Ridiculous!)
  • ckmama
    Options
    Random ultrasound question - how many do you normally have? I had, with my first, one total the whole time - around 21 weeks to just make sure all the limbs were there and the organs were developed (and find the sex). Then some of my friends had kids and had 3 or 4 or 5 ultrasounds, starting really early - like 8-12 weeks. I didn't know if that was normal or if one was normal? I sort of figured that maybe they just skipped a lot of the tests on me since I was on state-paid low income health care or maybe it was just my doc. Interested to see if they do the same this time, though I'm only 9 weeks so have not even made my first apt yet. (I have my "insurance" appointment tomorrow to see if it will be paid for or if I'm going to be having this thing in the back yard! Last time just the hospital bill was $26,000 which was more than our household income that year! Ridiculous!)

It depends on the doctor. Had I not had a previous ectopic or cramping, I would have been like you and had only the 20 week one. My SIL who is on medicaid as well as my neighber get them every month. Insurance will only pay for so many and there has to be a valid reason.

Wow I don't know where you live, but my C-section delivery hospital bill with 3 nights stay was only $11K and the doctor was $2500. Crazy how much things cost these days.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I've had over 30 ultrasounds this pregnancy, all covered by insurance.
    With DD I had about 10, with DS about 14.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

Wow I don't know where you live, but my C-section delivery hospital bill with 3 nights stay was only $11K and the doctor was $2500. Crazy how much things cost these days.

TN - (it was a C-section, and 4 days in the hospital. no special neonatal care) I was shocked to see the bill! $4K was for the baby, and the rest for me! I can't imagine what it was with all the Dr visits added over all 9 months.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    My delivery with my son was well over $50,000. He had a 5 day NICU stay and my c section and two day stay was $23,000. No complications for me at all. We didn't pay a penny. DH is military.

This time my estimate from the hospital is $17,000 for a 3 night stay, but our copay is $39.90. LOVE Tricare.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Wow insurance is crazy, I have Kaiser and although a lot of people complain I love them. I had 2 previous miscarriages and 2 with preterm labor that the luckily managed to control so I am high risk. I get seen about every 3 weeks and have had an ultrasound with every appointment except this last one. I have atleast one more ultrasound scheduled so far and quite possibly more to come. With my plan my employer pays half so it costs me about $100 per month and I have no co pay for scheduled prenatal appointments if I have to go in for anything other than routine that it is $20 and I have a $200 a day copay for my hospital stay when I deliver. Everything is included and they even cover the baby for the first 30 days. I think it is a super fair deal.

I have been having heart burn and indigestion a lot lately. I have also been having some contractions and havent been able to tell if they're BH or possible preterm labor contractions. They do go away after a while so they are not threatening but it is still scary since it is way too early for contractions. If they are BH they are way more intense than with my 2 boys. Anyone else having contractions?
  • weightlossmomma
    Options
    dev113pr___.png

My doctor wants me to lose weight during my 2nd tri, then i will gain some in the 3rd tri, im 270 i have gained 10 pounds already im only 15 weeks. im having a hard time walking my ankles are swollen and hurt, and my lower back has been hurting. this pregnancy i have been in pain no sickness, with my son i was just sick the whole time