So I'm thinking about doing a push-up challen for Nov...sinc

Options

Replies

• Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    READY! did my cardio this morning so strength training tonight including push ups and sit ups. C'mon everyone WE can do this!! :)
    :bigsmile:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Cardio done! 45 minutes total for 274 calories.

Getting ready to do my strength training after lunch.
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note before...I'm at my first day of my new job!!!

Good job Lisa!

I'm hoping to avoid the stress this week as I get acclimated to my new work environment! I'm going to do my best to start day 1 of our push-up challenge, and day one of Slim in 6 this evening. Pray for will power!!!
  • sunrae43
    sunrae43 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    can I join you guys.... i have been on the site for a while but now really have the reasons to start the weight lose.
  • jenocelot
    Options
    I'm in! I can do 14 real pushups and would like to get to 20 by end of Nov. Without pausing, because I can do it with several pauses. Let's get stronger. I run, so the legs are in good shape, but upper body needs work. Can't do ONE pullup maybe that's next. Did 14 this morning andwill do again tonight. GO, everybody!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    can I join you guys.... i have been on the site for a while but now really have the reasons to start the weight lose.

You betcha!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Okay! I'm pumped and excited!!! I did the test over the weekend and was able to do 20 modified pushups...and like 3 really really really sad REAL pushups. The kind that would make Arnold Schwarzenegger cry.

I'm getting ready to pick my kiddo up from school and then I'm going to start Zumba and my pushups! :o) W00T!

In advance, WTG everyone! I can't wait to see my family's faces at T-giving when I accidentally pick up the fork too hard and bang myself in the head. "WHHOOOPS...didn't know my own strength...I'm super strong now that I can do almost 100 pushups..."

*insert flexing biceps at dinner table here*

*insert my family staring at me like I'm crazy here...*

GOOD LUCK! :o)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    W1D1 Column 2 DONE!!!

Two sets of 6 and two sets of 4, then a max set. I was able to do 13 max. So 33 total today.

My initial test was 16 consecutive so I think I'm definitely going to be able to improve on that!

ETA: I'm doing modified push ups lol.
  • hopeandj
    hopeandj Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    First day done! I did column 2 and maxed out at 17. (FYI, I'm doing them on my knees until I can get stronger!)
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I did Week 1 Column 2...my hubby is doing it with me he is Week 3 Column 1! I told him he better do it because he wouldnt want me to be able to do more pushups than him lol

The max i could do was 8 :cry:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Tried doing Week 1, Column 1....I'm also doing modified push-ups. I maxed out at 5 in a row....for day 1. :( I hope that number goes up. 14 total, but I had breaks for the other ones haha ...We'll see on Wednesday.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    WOW, what a burn! I did all 10 in a row and it really burned and I was shaking on 8,9 & 10 so those were spaced out a little more. But I'm proud of myself for doing all 10. Can you believe I was actually psyching myself out of them this afternoon? I'm glad I'm doing this challenge, it is helping me overcome my fear of not being able to do something too! I need to keep trying new exercises like this throughout my journey. I might surprise myself with what I am capable of! Day 1 down.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    WOW, what a burn! I did all 10 in a row and it really burned and I was shaking on 8,9 & 10 so those were spaced out a little more. But I'm proud of myself for doing all 10. Can you believe I was actually psyching myself out of them this afternoon? I'm glad I'm doing this challenge, it is helping me overcome my fear of not being able to do something too! I need to keep trying new exercises like this throughout my journey. I might surprise myself with what I am capable of! Day 1 down.

Awesome!
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options

Fantastic effort! Well done on not giving in to the fear :happy:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I did Week 1 Column 2...my hubby is doing it with me he is Week 3 Column 1! I told him he better do it because he wouldnt want me to be able to do more pushups than him lol

My husband is doing it to. He can do about 50 in a minute (military) so he started on Week 3 too. :)
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options

My husband is doing it to. He can do about 50 in a minute (military) so he started on Week 3 too. :)

I am going to do the sit up challenge too...mfp really has changed my life!
  • sunrae43
    sunrae43 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i got to 10 regular push ups.
  • maytanewfie
    Options
    I just found the group. It's still Monday, but I have to head out for a bit. I'll do my first test when I get home. I doubt I'll get anywhere near 100 of anything, but I'm all for improving, and doing some toning
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I just found the group. It's still Monday, but I have to head out for a bit. I'll do my first test when I get home. I doubt I'll get anywhere near 100 of anything, but I'm all for improving, and doing some toning

Oh I know there is NO way I'm getting to 100, but I *know* I can improve and that's what matters.
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Alright, so maybe doing the push-ups after doing day 1 of Slim in 6 wasnt a good way to go...should've done those push ups first!!
    I did week1 column 2...didn't read the instructions so I didn't go for max on set 5...but I did get 25 total push ups with 15-30 sec in between the sets. Wednesday I'm going for broke! My initial was 13 modified. My arms are quivering!!!

Good job everyone...lets keep it going!!!!:bigsmile: