Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Let's just make sure we get Part 2 off on the right track.

We're all in agreement here that BinaryPulsar is big mean, meanie, mcmeanerstien, right? That was the entire point of Part 1, no? I mean, she couldn't even go back and look at 2 years worth of some total stranger's instagram posts!!!

YOU PEOPLE LEAVE MY BINARYPULSAR ALONE!!!

If you think SHE'S mean... oh just wait til I bust a Mirey on ya!
    GRRRRRRR

^^ said with really mean face ^^

Awwww....

...aren't you adorable.

You're even more adorable when you're mad.

:flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Let's just make sure we get Part 2 off on the right track.

We're all in agreement here that BinaryPulsar is big mean, meanie, mcmeanerstien, right? That was the entire point of Part 1, no? I mean, she couldn't even go back and look at 2 years worth of some total stranger's instagram posts!!!

:laugh:

Congrats on your APATHY!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    If I recall correctly, most mothers who gain a lot of weight gain it without actually needing to. You don't have to eat that many extra calories to "maintain" your lean body mass + provide for baby. Even if you gain 10 pounds of fat, after a few months, you can be back to where you were.

What isn't mentioned is that these moms are educated and aware about their body and health BEFORE and AFTER the baby.

Stuff like this makes me twitch. Most of the weight gain associated with pregnancy is not as fat and is highly unlikely to be gone in 4 days.
    http://www.health-and-parenting.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-goes/
    She looks great and clearly kept fit. In my experience its somewhat rare for a woman with a 4 day old baby to have the spare time, energy, and motivation to get into a bikini and take selfies, but perhaps that goes with the other rare genes she appears to have?

What bikini?
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    If I recall correctly, most mothers who gain a lot of weight gain it without actually needing to. You don't have to eat that many extra calories to "maintain" your lean body mass + provide for baby. Even if you gain 10 pounds of fat, after a few months, you can be back to where you were.

What isn't mentioned is that these moms are educated and aware about their body and health BEFORE and AFTER the baby.

Stuff like this makes me twitch. Most of the weight gain associated with pregnancy is not as fat and is highly unlikely to be gone in 4 days.
    She looks great and clearly kept fit. In my experience its somewhat rare for a woman to have the spare time, energy, and motivation for a mom with a 4 day old baby to get into a bikini and take selfies, but perhaps that goes with the other rare genes she appears to have?
    I think we all know that some weight has to be put on while pregnant, and how long it takes to come off is dependent on the person, however many (not all, and not talking about anyone specific) people tend to use it as an excuse to eat whatever they want and then blame the weight gain purely on pregnancy. Disregarding any medical conditions I may know nothing about, 30lb (number I pulled out of thin air obviously, but see people doing this with all kinds of weight gains) of excess weight, after the baby has been born is not baby weight. Similarly, if you are still large a year later, that is not baby weight. And I think a growing acceptance towards these ideas is why something like this photo is so surprising and unbelievable to people, when although 4 days is on the quick side, it is well within the realm of normal, and doesn't mean she didn't have a healthy pregnancy or whatever else.

Exactly why I posted the link above. If a woman gains 30 lbs during pregnancy on average about 5 lbs of it will be fat. She will gain most of the weight in uterus, blood supply, breasts, amniotic fluid, baby, placenta, fluid, etc. My understanding is a few weeks is a reasonable time period for most of those to reverse.
    Think you missed my point there
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

She looks great and clearly kept fit. In my experience its somewhat rare for a woman to have the spare time, energy, and motivation for a mom with a 4 day old baby to get into a bikini and take selfies, but perhaps that goes with the other rare genes she appears to have?
    I think we all know that some weight has to be put on while pregnant, and how long it takes to come off is dependent on the person, however many (not all, and not talking about anyone specific) people tend to use it as an excuse to eat whatever they want and then blame the weight gain purely on pregnancy. Disregarding any medical conditions I may know nothing about, 30lb (number I pulled out of thin air obviously, but see people doing this with all kinds of weight gains) of excess weight, after the baby has been born is not baby weight. Similarly, if you are still large a year later, that is not baby weight. And I think a growing acceptance towards these ideas is why something like this photo is so surprising and unbelievable to people, when although 4 days is on the quick side, it is well within the realm of normal, and doesn't mean she didn't have a healthy pregnancy or whatever else.

Exactly why I posted the link above. If a woman gains 30 lbs during pregnancy on average about 5 lbs of it will be fat. She will gain most of the weight in uterus, blood supply, breasts, amniotic fluid, baby, placenta, fluid, etc. My understanding is a few weeks is a reasonable time period for most of those to reverse.

All that is denser than fat.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I dont think i read part one. guess there was some drama?
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    haterade2.jpg

HATERS! LOL!!!! :laugh:
  • stinkypoopy
    stinkypoopy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Baby was probably 2lb.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Tell that to a lot of the females here trying to lose "baby weight". Unfortunately many females do gain fat while pregnant, especially those who aren't very knowledgeable on how many calories extra they really need and who weren't very physically active before pregnancy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of friends who look just like that within a few weeks of giving birth and one has had 4 and the other is pregnant with her 4th. And yes, they're both naturally slim and have a hard time putting weight on under any circumstance. Neither would be arrogant enough to suggest they are the way they are from their own efforts, though *shrug*.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    In for the 'You're all just a bunch of jealous wimmins!' and 'You can't possibly have a valid opinion unless you have a PhD in feminism!'
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    In for the 'You're all just a bunch of jealous wimmins!' and 'You can't possibly have a valid opinion unless you have a PhD in feminism!'
    Think you missed all of that in the first part :P things seem to be winding down now
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    When I saw the roll gif, I wanted to offer my friends FB photo as an adjunct for Jof to post after sending it to him via PM. When I realized I could not copy/pasta it as it appears on FB due to the format of FB cover photos I decided to find a similar photo by googling "tasteful mother child photo". Word to the wise DO NOT GOOGLE THAT. unless you wanna start a whole new thread. DO NOT GOOGLE. I repeat DO NOT GOOGLE "tasteful mother child photo". Carry on then...Binary Pulsar what? :noway:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Think you missed all of that in the first part :P things seem to be winding down now
    Doesn't Fimminnism goes better with wimmins?
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    Doesn't Fimminnism goes better with wimmins?

You're right it does. I need to work on my snark skills.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    When I saw the roll gif, I wanted to offer my friends FB photo as an adjunct for Jof to post after sending it to him via PM. When I realized I could not copy/pasta it as it appears on FB due to the format of FB cover photos I decided to find a similar photo by googling "tasteful mother child photo". Word to the wise DO NOT GOOGLE THAT. unless you wanna start a whole new thread. DO NOT GOOGLE. I repeat DO NOT GOOGLE "tasteful mother child photo". Carry on then...Binary Pulsar what? :noway:
    So tempted to google just to find out. Must hold out, give me strength.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

I'm not very obedient. I Googled and didn't see anything alarming...?
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    In.....to see what occurs in part 2
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Why is Samuel L Jackson in a bed with a lady the first picture that pops?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

I'm not very obedient. I Googled and didn't see anything alarming...?

you didn't see the crowning cupcake?