"No woman should ever lift more than 3lbs"

Options

Replies

• monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    http://thedailybanter.com/2013/09/tracy-anderson-and-the-myth-behind-celebrity-trainers-and-diets/

Notice the part where it mentions Gwyneth Paltrow got diagnosed with low levels of vitamin D and pre-osteoperosis, something Doctors who reviewed the diet Tracy Anderson recommends predicted!

I also found this gem of a quote. It hurts to read it, but I almost can't stop looking up new stupid quotes!

"I really wish that women would stop spinning. I say that with such conviction because almost every day in my office, I see women crying and unhappy because they can't fit into their jeans, because of the thigh bulking. There are some women who don’t have the genetic capability to build muscle, and they can do something like that without being affected. That’s a very small percentage of the female population, though. Ninety-eight percent of women will bulk completely. The problem with it is that it doesn’t show right away. You may lose a little bit of weight at first because it’s an easy calorie burn, but it’s not worth what happens to your muscles."

^^Oh goodness! Is she kidding me??!! Spinning has been by far the most beneficial workout for my weight loss. Once I added it into my routines, my body started changing dramatically. My legs are stronger than they've ever been. Shaplier, NOT bulkier. They're actually slimming down quite nicely. SMH!

the stupidity.... wow... i'm speechless.
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Who's Tracy Anderson?
  • denisewht11
    Options
    Wow....I work for the post office and have to lift up to 70 lbs. These kind of people drive me nutty!!!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    She can't be a mom then...my son was 11 pounds at birth. She sounds like a complete fruitcake.
  • BekaP89
    BekaP89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    my toddler daughter weighs 25 pounds and im not suppose to pick her up
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    wow, tough for women who just had a 7lb newborn. She's going to look like some roid rager.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Who's Tracy Anderson?

:laugh: THIS!! ^^
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options

Yeah....that's gross.....all bulky and stuff.

She looks good but her form sucks! LOL

ok ok

This then....

284_696f678100a83797c715_s.jpg
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies...
    Put down your babies, they are going to cause injuries.
    Put down those toddlers, they will hurt you.
    Drop your purse... gonna throw out your back.
    No more shopping, those bags are dangerous.
    Laundry baskets? PUT IT DOWN NOW!
    cleaning house has just become HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH.
    Get those men. We need them at our back and call. How else are we going to get through life?????? please help us, we are helpless!

*GAG. SHIVER* I will keep lifting, THANKYOUVERYMUCH. (And ladies, unless the above seems legit and plausible for your life, I suggest you keep lifting too.)

so basically just spend our lives on our backs? Hmmmm maybe this Anderson person is right.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

so basically just spend our lives on our backs? Hmmmm maybe this Anderson person is right.

I like your thinking lol
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Evidently, this is not the first time Anderson has said this--I found references going back several years. Evidently she uses body weight routines and elastic bands. So, there is a certain amount of self-marketing hyperbole to that statement, which provides a slightly different context.

But that is not the end of the story. I also uncovered this little gem:
    In addition to these intense routines, Tracy helps her clients lose inches by cranking up the heat to 80 degrees. "She likes it hot in the room so you sweat, because she says if the room is hot, you're also burning calories to maintain homeostasis," Gwyneth says. "She's always coming up with new ways to kick up the calorie burning."

That's doubling down on teh stoopid.

Wow. That is really... moronic.

But she's got a product to sell. It's amazing how many of these people are out there pushing intense, packaged cardio routines as the best path to weight loss.
  • whoa whoa whoa wait....

She's right...we shouldn't lift more than 3 lbs....

don't you all remember that girl that made that post last spring about how weights made her SUPAH bulky?!?!

pay attention...

we're saving women's lives here.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Your first mistake was watching Piers Morgan!

^^^^^^^^^^THIS :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options

ok ok

This then....

^^^^ and THAT!!!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Then no woman should ever lift their newborn baby. *kitten* idiot.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Oh pleeeeeese, who is that ""professionnal trainer"" who says to not lift heavy?? The best body I had in my life was when I was lifting, heavy. Please lady, lift and don't be scared to bulged!!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    LMAO

Yeah, keep telling them that so I can be the baddest ***** around. Oh, and that little dumbbell in the pic was for photo purposes only :glasses:
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

ok ok

This then....

Keep going, I like your thinking...
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I work in a warehouse where I have to lift things that are as heavy as 80 pounds. Thankfully, most things are below 50 and I only have to move them an inch or two. 3 pounds??? I think a gallon of milk weighs about 5... Does this mean my boyfriend gets to do all of the grocery shopping?? :bigsmile:
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    "At the same time, too much bulk isn't a good thing from my perspective. Men usually do not find bulky women attractive. "

I think she may be a time traveler from the 1950's. What kind of trainer puts 'what men/women find most attractive' as their primary goal? Even worse, her ideas about attaining that goal are bull****.