Are women interested in men with muscles?

Options

Replies

• Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    yes
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I don't care as long as he makes good sandwiches.

This is my kinda lady.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a balding fat man on the cover of a romance novel.

Check and Mate. Good game kids. Thanks for playing.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    From a purely aesthetic point of view - muscles are good. Example:

HOT-GUY-88-All-Chest.jpg
    mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm :love: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I researching male body image, especially in relation to things like bodybuilding. In one of the books I'm reading the writer explains how he surveyed women, asking them to rate pictures of bodybuilders. Pretty much all of the women found the bodybuilders repulsive.
    Now, this study has it's flaws (as most surveys do), and isn't that recent either. Also, he used pictures of bodybuilders, whereas what I'm wondering is:

Are women more physically attracted to men that are more muscular than average, and look like they work out, but not necessarily bodybuilders? Or are such things not really appealing in any way?

(p.s. I am aware that all women are different and have different tastes, and there isn't going to be a thing that 'women' like, but I thought I would ask and see what the opinion is from a female point of view).

Muscles are fine but more importantly for me are broad shoulders. You can have all the muscles in the world but if your shoulders are scarce, there will be zero physical attraction. You do not have to look like you workout. A man must (to me) look confident with a flat or near flat stomach to be attractive to me. Inverted triangle shaped men are hot!:love: I'm strange I know.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I researching male body image, especially in relation to things like bodybuilding. In one of the books I'm reading the writer explains how he surveyed women, asking them to rate pictures of bodybuilders. Pretty much all of the women found the bodybuilders repulsive.
    Now, this study has it's flaws (as most surveys do), and isn't that recent either. Also, he used pictures of bodybuilders, whereas what I'm wondering is:

Are women more physically attracted to men that are more muscular than average, and look like they work out, but not necessarily bodybuilders? Or are such things not really appealing in any way?

(p.s. I am aware that all women are different and have different tastes, and there isn't going to be a thing that 'women' like, but I thought I would ask and see what the opinion is from a female point of view).

Muscles are fine but more importantly for me are broad shoulders. You can have all the muscles in the world but if your shoulders are scarce, there will be zero physical attraction. You do not have to look like you workout. A man must (to me) look confident with a flat or near flat stomach to be attractive to me. Inverted triangle shaped men are hot!:love: I'm strange I know.

not picky are you.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a balding fat man on the cover of a romance novel.

Check and Mate. Good game kids. Thanks for playing.

Playboy never asked me to pose for them
  • Kowee84
    Kowee84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    35% has that sexy man pelt thing going on that adds hotness. Meeoww! Seriously why do none of these dudes have chest hair?

So you like chest hair?

I prefer without....

you like ur men without chest hair.. thats interesting :p hehehehehehehehhehe

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

I was actually saying that from a personal perspective..... :bigsmile:

silly girl.

lol... touchy touchy lol
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Ever since puberty I have liked large muscular men. I find tiny men womanly.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

lol... touchy touchy lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blushing:
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    The things that have always been important to me are as follows: kindness, treating people with respect - like family, friends, even watiers, etc.. (want to know who a guy really is? study how he treats the waitress/waiter) Sense of humor - life is sh!tty sometimes - you need someone you can laugh with or you will cry a lot., an ability to see the bright side. Muscles? um, whatever. What kind of a man he is dictates my level af attraction. That is my truth on the matter.
    I've literally never thought of muscles as something I look for in a man. They are more like, for window shopping ;)
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    From what I've learned from hearsay at the local gym. These guys always seem to be dating someone or getting some "action" nightly. I never see them with a woman before I take there word as gold.

That women love a guy with a big chest and arms and a 6 pack abs. Though they don't care about legs at all some find a big strong set of legs to be ugly. Also you couldn't fit into Skinny Jeans with big legs and Skinny Jeans is what women think whats hot these days. Also you need to have the right attitude always talk about yourself and make her fight for attention.

So I'd say just do nothing but upper body skip legs and watch the women attract to you like a magnet. They call it "gym body" for a reason.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    From what I've learned from hearsay at the local gym. These guys always seem to be dating someone or getting some "action" nightly. I never see them with a woman before I take there word as gold.

That women love a guy with a big chest and arms and a 6 pack abs. Though they don't care about legs at all some find a big strong set of legs to be ugly. Also you couldn't fit into Skinny Jeans with big legs and Skinny Jeans is what women think whats hot these days. Also you need to have the right attitude always talk about yourself and make her fight for attention.

So I'd say just do nothing but upper body skip legs and watch the women attract to you like a magnet. They call it "gym body" for a reason.

Lol what?

Its all about the quads, glutes and upper back width.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I like men that are proportionate.. Guys I'd consider lean and athletic are most appealing to me (to look at).

Googling "Body Fat Percentage Men" I found guys in the 10-15% BF range were what I would consider the best looking.

It's a major turn off if "performance enhancing" or "steroid" comes to mind when I see him.

If a guy has extremely wide shoulders and a tiny waist I'm not interested.. I think it's gross. I would much rather see a man with a bulker waist a flat stomach but it doesn't need definition to be attractive.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I love guys with lean muscular bodies.
    But some prefer skinnier guys, some prefer bigger guys, everyone is different and has different preferences.

And of course it's not all about the body. Personality is way more important imo.
  • Kowee84
    Kowee84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    lol.... id do a guy with the abs n muscles.. but i doubt i would date one... constantly feeling insecure... thats not a good start... but thats just me
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Men with muscles are hot, but bodybuilders.... not. IMO

that doesn't make sense
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I find it incredibly annoying that women get pissed off when a guy says he would not date a fat chick, but feel like is completely ok to bash a certain male body type.
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Also you need to have the right attitude always talk about yourself and make her fight for attention.

Because women LOVE to smile, politely nod and fake interest while secretly thinking you are a narcissistic self-absorbed chatterbox who clearly would rather be dating his mirror.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Also you need to have the right attitude always talk about yourself and make her fight for attention.

Because women LOVE to smile, politely nod and fake interest while secretly thinking you are a narcissistic self-absorbed chatterbox who clearly would rather be dating his mirror.

I can confirm. I am polite nodding, fake interest, and psychopathic thoughts.