Are women interested in men with muscles?

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Just like some men don't like fit women.

Said no man (I know) ever!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It is true, I have definition in my abs and have been told that women should not have abs. Some guys like the Victoria Secret look.

Well them mens aren't me....
    So if you got some defined abs......AWESOME!!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :smooched:
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I am sure a lot of women that lift hear the same comments about lifting weights makes women huge and why would you want muscles, you are going to look like a man. Some don't consider it feminine. It doesn't bother me, I just laugh and keep doing what I enjoy.

Good, because the last thing you have are any manly qualities, you look awesome! There's no way another woman can look at you and not see femininity, I'd be laughing too.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm attracted to a man that can make me laugh and smile, regardless of everything else.

^^ This, but he also has to be active enough to keep up with me! And my fella's strong arms are totally a turn on for me... I would support him if he wanted to be a body builder, but I wouldn't go for body builders in general... People tend to go for what matches themselves.

So strong and healthy YES :) not necessarily a body builder though.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Body builders are pretty extreme and obviously not what most people will prefer aesthetically, but I'm sure that's not why they do what they do.

As for me, I'm not really that into really muscular or built guys, it's just not what I prefer. Obviously this varies from person to person, and people should look however they feel best and most confident! I'm married anyways so I don't care at all how other people look.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    nope
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I researching male body image, especially in relation to things like bodybuilding. In one of the books I'm reading the writer explains how he surveyed women, asking them to rate pictures of bodybuilders. Pretty much all of the women found the bodybuilders repulsive.
    Now, this study has it's flaws (as most surveys do), and isn't that recent either. Also, he used pictures of bodybuilders, whereas what I'm wondering is:

Are women more physically attracted to men that are more muscular than average, and look like they work out, but not necessarily bodybuilders? Or are such things not really appealing in any way?

(p.s. I am aware that all women are different and have different tastes, and there isn't going to be a thing that 'women' like, but I thought I would ask and see what the opinion is from a female point of view).

I agree with the survey of bodybuilders.. gross.. but I can't say I haven't looked twice at a man with muscular arms and shoulders. However, most women (including me) care more about a great personality.

surprised it took 6 pages before the body shaming started....

not meant in that way! i'm just not a fan of a lot of bulky muscles and bulging veins, just as some men find size 12 women like myself gross, or aren't fans of blondes, or women over 6 feet tall.. its just an opinion.

Have any bodybuilders here been offended by my comment??? if so, i'm very sorry! :flowerforyou:

How else would have you meant it? I'm not into very large women but I would never be like "oh my god, soo gross, the fat rolls and the food in the folds" because that would be mean. I just keep my opinion to myself, I don't have to provide a commentary to go with what I'm thinking in my head. Being tactful is not a bad thing.

gooooodnessss I apologized and tried to clear up what I meant, what else can I do? theres no pleasing the hungry alligators that make up the forums. I sincerely doubt the body builders I "shamed" are at all worried about what a chubby girl from TX thinks about something they love and commit their life to, lol.

ETA: *kitten*! did I just "alligator-shame?" grrr, more apologies necessary.

Sincerity for starters tends to help, but I reckon some people just can't see the light.
  • latewinter
    Options
    unless you are makoto nagano, tosihiro takeda or the older nagasake brothers from ninja warrior then i don't care if u have muscles, a fast car or money lol
  • latewinter
    Options
    so howcome no girls like me.
    I am tall, funny and educated.
    But I am not big or extremely muscular.

You looks hot! ;)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I like muscles. But extremes are not attractive. Most body builders don't have to worry about women finding them repulsive as they only have the very low body fat just before and during a contest. Then after the contest, body builders let their body fat rise again, and that looks nicer than the 3-4% that is required for contests.
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Muscles are a definite sexy bonus!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    This is really still going?!?!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Initial physical attraction...yep, some defined muscles do the trick nicely : ) #mmm
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    It depends on the woman. Every woman has her own taste in men. I personally like skinny lanky men, muscular men aren't my thing.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I think women enjoy physically fit. What that means to each is wayyy different. But what I can just about guarantee is that MOST (about 80 %) do NOT want over weight/obese/sloppy/skinny/weak. Even MOST of those that say "personality..." is the first trait they are looking for in a man, forget that, we all are FIRST attracted with the eye (what we see), then if that is satisfied THEN the OTHER Traits come into play to grow and sustain the relationship. Women may 'love' Mike's personalty (as in Mike and Molly) but MOST are NOT going to give him a chance to use it because MOST are NOT attracted to that type physically.

KEEP In MIND: If a man has MONEY (The Worse he looks the MORE he must have...like Michael Jordan...) ALL bets as to looks go out the door, Money makes a "DOG" the Alpha Male, even if he is still in reality a "Pooch".
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    No, I very well doubt most women do. It is just disgusting.
    My goal is to get disgusting though.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    6'2-6'6, 200-260lbs, 10-15% bf

Traps, lats, quads

When will it be my turn?

Damn!!! I'm 6'1":laugh:
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am sure a lot of women that lift hear the same comments about lifting weights makes women huge and why would you want muscles, you are going to look like a man. Some don't consider it feminine. It doesn't bother me, I just laugh and keep doing what I enjoy.

Good, because the last thing you have are any manly qualities, you look awesome! There's no way another woman can look at you and not see femininity, I'd be laughing too.

Thanks, I am very proud of my results
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just like some men don't like fit women.

Said no man (I know) ever!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It is true, I have definition in my abs and have been told that women should not have abs. Some guys like the Victoria Secret look.

Well them mens aren't me....
    So if you got some defined abs......AWESOME!!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :smooched:

Thank you, I love my abs.