Not bothering to date.. Its all frankly worrying..

Options

Replies

• sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Some of these are so terrible!

Most of my awful dates just came from guys trying to feel me up. So annoying.
    Oh. I did have one of those. There was a brief period where the man and I split up a few years ago and I tried Internet dating and I met the guy I refer to as Octopus Man. I forgot about him.

You have an octopus man too?!?!?! OMG!
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've been single for almost six years after a really ugly marriage and previous not-quite-as-bad relationship. I've gotten a phone number precisely once... and that didn't go even to coffee, because I was too freaked out. He got all kinds of upset because he couldn't reach me 'after work' when I was caught up in an 18 hour day with a crisis. I was just about getting up the courage to go get coffee too.

Oh, and then there was the 20-year old that tried so hard to pick me up in Atlanta. What part of - you're HALF my age - do they not get?

I haven't really given up, but it's stories like these that make me glad I'm not really trying either. :D I know *I* have issues and all, but just wow. :D Nice to know that having standards isn't a bad thing either!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Oh. I did have one of those. There was a brief period where the man and I split up a few years ago and I tried Internet dating and I met the guy I refer to as Octopus Man. I forgot about him.

He was a pilot, so he was in town staying at a hotel and kept trying to convince me to just come up and "look" at his room. He was NOT taking the hint at all when I said NO.

I finally said I really needed to get home to my daughter (I don't think she was even home that night. lol) and he walked me to my car and kept telling me I shoudl come back after she went to bed.

*sigh*
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Lol, wow...
    Where are you finding these people? haha.

Just so I know to stay away :P

MFP...:indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:

No, I retain my dating to the north of the UK, but starting to think expanding to Craigslist might help..
    I highly disagree with the craigslist thing, unless you want to catch diseases.

my niece found her husband through Craigslist. No diseases, as far as i know.
  • sassyjae21
    Options

He was a pilot, so he was in town staying at a hotel and kept trying to convince me to just come up and "look" at his room. He was NOT taking the hint at all when I said NO.

I finally said I really needed to get home to my daughter (I don't think she was even home that night. lol) and he walked me to my car and kept telling me I shoudl come back after she went to bed.

*sigh*

ugh...so gross. Why would a guy even want to fool around with someone who is so CLEARLY not interested? I guess some people just don't care.

The one guy that sticks out in my mind is a guy that I repeatedly dated because I liked him a lot, even though he was a total douche. I was too young to understand that. Everytime we were together he was all over me. I gave in once, and felt like it was a mistake so i didn't do it again. One time we were laying down watching a movie and he was literally ripping my clothing off of me while i slapped at his hands repeatedly. He had held me down and was calling himself trying to be "sexy" when basically all he was doing was about to rape me. He had a roomate that had just gotten home and knocked on his door wanting something from him. I distinctly remember him saying (while he was on me holding me down) YOU JUST GOT LUCKY.

Seriously? Needless to say, that was the last time I saw him.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Been single over two years, no dates, no flings, no casual sex; not a single care was given. I find dating annoying.

No sex at all?? :noway: :noway:
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    - the man who said "Chaka Khan" the way people say "your mom" or "thats what she/he said." just said Chaka Khan all the time for no apparent reason.

I can’t blame a guy for liking the song “I Feel For You” by Chaka Khan, where it begins with the name Chaka Khan repeated a bunch a times. But yes, randomly saying Chaka Khan all the time for no apparent reason would get annoying real quick.

Frankly I think it got annoying circa 1984 - 10 minutes after everyone started doing it in the play ground! :happy:

Worst boyfriends? Hmm. By far there was the one who moved in with me (temporarily, I thought, but he outstayed his welcome) and pinched a friend's coat. The friend found out when he came round a couple of months later and saw his coat hanging up in the hall. The git had emptied the pockets and put the contents (including said friend's heirloom lighter) at the back of my bottom drawer! I finally got rid of him after that.

There was also the one who threatened to jump out of his bedroom window if I didn't quit college and move back home. Kicker? He lived in a bungalow.
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Before I met my husband (we've been together 5 years, married for 3), I had a lot of first dates that either the spark wasn't there are they were jerks.

One that stuck out was, I went on a first date with this guy who really wasn't my type to begin with (but where had "my type" gotten me this far), he seemed nice, we went out to eat, had a good time, said we'd go out again. We chatted via text, cell phone, and IM after the first date and he says via IM "I have something to tell you." I was like OMG really? So turns out, he stilled lived with his "ex girlfriend." He claims they owned the house together, he lived in one side, she and her current bf lived in the other (wasn't a duplex...). I didn't got out with him again.

Another one, I talked with this guy on the phone for a good few weeks before I decided to actually meet him. Met him and he was disabled...I wouldn't have had a problem with this had he told me during the weeks we were talking on the phone but to find out like this was not cool. Didn't make it to a second date with him and he harassed me for weeks on the phone and leaving me voice messages.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I went out with a man who on the second date told me he had once summoned Satan and failed 11th grade from smoking too much weed. I had one date with a man who bragged about racing lawn mowers. And I also had one of those experiences with a great date which ended with an invite to bed and after that fell through. Dated a man who invited me on a trip with him for his birthday - I took off work and he texted me the night before saying he thinks we should just be friends and uninvited me - none of these worked out obviously. I dated a lot of men over about 3 years and have a good boyfriend now. The dating world isn't much fun!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh to start my day but I think you're looking at it wrong. You need to date much more often and eventually write a book, rake in the millions and retire comfortably. You will thank me later. :laugh:

I dated a lady who was writing a book: "The Men of Match.com" or something similar. She said her research was done, but she kept going on dates anyway. Like a different man every night. We dated - in between the other guys - for a while, but in the end I decided that wasn't for me.

Then there was the lady who invited me into her house after the second or third date. Took me to the bedroom. The bed was totally unmade, and there was dog *kitten* on the mattress. She expected me to have sex with her there.

Most of the dates I had weren't too bad, but I was happy to find "the one" and we've been together 18 months now.
  • rml_16
    Options
    ugh...so gross. Why would a guy even want to fool around with someone who is so CLEARLY not interested? I guess some people just don't care.

The one guy that sticks out in my mind is a guy that I repeatedly dated because I liked him a lot, even though he was a total douche. I was too young to understand that. Everytime we were together he was all over me. I gave in once, and felt like it was a mistate so i didn't do it again. One time we were laying down watching a movie and he was literally ripping my clothing off of me while i slapped at his hands repeatedly. He had held me down and was calling himself trying to be "sexy" when basically all he was doing was about to rape me. He had a roomate that had just gotten home and knocked on his door wanting something from him. I distinctly remember him saying (while he was on me holding me down) YOU JUST GOT LUCKY.

Seriously? Needless to say, that was the last time I saw him.

OMG! That's really scary.

I have no idea what would have happened if I'd been dumb enough to actually go to this guy's room, but I'm glad I didn't.

In my very early 20s, I met this super hot guy at a church thing (I'm not religious, but everyone I know is Catholic and it was a fun night out. lol). I really liked him, but we kind of ended up in a friends with benefits situation. But I had hung out with him several times wothout anything happening, so I decided I didn't want the benfits part of it anymore.

So I stopped by his house one day just to say hello, and when I tried to leave he started kissing me, then I pulled away and started toward the door. He followed me, had me pressed up against the couch and wouldn't let go. He started calling me a tease and getting really angry. He started to pick me up and turned toward his bedroom. I don't know what happened, he must have realized he was doing something wrong, because he stopped. I ran the heck out of there.

Ran into him in a bar a couple months later and he actually came over to tell me he'd be up late doing laundry if I wanted to stop by.
  • sassyjae21
    Options

Ran into him in a bar a couple months later and he actually came over to tell me he'd be up late doing laundry if I wanted to stop by.

WTF??? Smooth.
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha, thank you for the laughs!

I haven't been on a date/kissed/nada zip zilch for 18 or so months now. Did join online dating for a bit and used pics of me doing stuff I like - hiking, mud runs, etc. Had no interest what so ever from anyone even though I'd messaged a few people - they didn't even have the courtesy to reply!

Then things changed... my profile started getting checked out and a few guys messaged me.

Unfortunately it wasn't a change for the better.

1st guy to message - we were having a great message conversation for a bit when he typed the words 'I don't know if this is too cheeky or forward but I want to ask you a question.' I pretty much was expecting almost anything after that (and not in a good way) when I said 'no problem, ask away'. "Do you wear underwear when you do those runs?" (in my mind - REALLY... you think THAT is a good question to ask 5 minutes into an online messenger conversation with someone for the first time!) I responded, "no" out of morbid curiosity to see how depraved he was. He said if he'd seen me there he'd have taken me into the bushes and kissed me. I said that he wouldn't have as I was there with my parents. He said he would have anyway. Oddly enough I didn't hear from him again after I said he'd have to wind it back a bit. LOL Yep, he lived down to expectations.

2nd guy to message - kept talking about how his mother would have to read the messages to see if I was "suitable".

3rd guy to message - just kept asking "Wanna F%^%$?"

I gave up and deleted my profile.

Don't get me wrong - I have met some great guys through online dating, one of my good friends and I went out for 6 months after meeting on a website - we eventually realised friendship was what was on the cards for us.

Octopus man is an amazing phenomenon - polite, intelligent man turns brain off and arms multiply!

I once also had a good friend that I would meet for dinner once a month for a few years. We'd talk about our various relationship ups and downs, etc and just have a good time as friends. Until the night when I'd had a bit too much to drink and instead of our usual hug and peck on the cheek goodnight I looked up to see his mouth wide open with his tongue sticking out approaching my face at a very rapid speed! Luckily I was able to turn away quick enough but my cheek looked like I'd had a run in with the slimey thing from Ghostbusters!!!

Now, single and loving it!!! I seriously don't know if I want to have a relationship as I am enjoying just doing what I want too much and don't really want to go back to having to be considerate of someone else. Yep, I'm enjoying being selfish. That may change in the future but it'd take someone pretty special to make me want to consider a relationship.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I've just got bored of putting myself out there. So I don't bother now.

I've had some fantastically bizarre dates from dating websites, normally stemming from the fact that people either lie on their profiles, or omit things that you would really like them to include.

The one I have found in my experience that women lie about the most is body type. I wouldn't know about the guys, but I'm sure it's probably the same. A lot of women I've met have selected 'a few extra pounds' which seems to cover anything from 'a few extra pounds' to 'a few extra pounds at each serving' And they're artful when choosing pictures, I've been quite shocked to meet a few people.

I suppose the two that stand out for me are the girl that I really liked, we got on well for three or four dates, but it turned out she only had one foot. Now I have nothing against this per se, but she let me find out on my own. I thought that was a bit out of order. If she'd mentioned it somehow, I don't think it would have been a problem, but to just let someone discover it for themselves is a bit much. In my opinion.

The second one was a girl that I spoke to quite a bit on the phone before we met, because her photos were kind of hard to make out. She seemed really nice, described herself as 'a few extra pounds' one of the things that I did notice was that she kept telling me on the phone how guys fell in love with her all the time, and it was really annoying, I just put it down to nerves. She was determined we would meet at her flat, rather than going out somewhere, so I thought okay, I'm a big boy, I'm not scared. Well. When I arrived, turns out that she was extremely large, three times my size. It seemed to me that the reason she didn't want to go out was because it was difficult to do so. She also kept steering the conversation round to sex, and insisted on showing me her terrifying collection of apparatus, including shackles, cuffs, plugs and a double ended black *kitten* so huge that when I first saw it, I thought Samuel L Jackson was laying on the sofa.....

I don't really date now.

THIS made me laugh so hard! Probably because I had something similar happen to me with a man I went out with...You just don't tell someone on the first date that you like to be led around on all fours, wearing a dog collar....I was out!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Lol, wow...
    Where are you finding these people? haha.

Just so I know to stay away :P

MFP...:indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:

No, I retain my dating to the north of the UK, but starting to think expanding to Craigslist might help..
    I highly disagree with the craigslist thing, unless you want to catch diseases.

or your wanting to end up dead so you don't have to date anymore
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    People don't know HOW to date anymore, and this is honestly the main reason I prefer to date men who are about 10 years older. Men that age typically remember when dating involved asking a woman out, picking her up, doing something fun, getting to know each other a little better, and taking her home, without any expectation of ending up in her bed before the night is over. Guys my age think dating is texting a woman you met online last week to say you're at a bar with friends and asking if she wants to come hang out, which invariably means "want to come get drunk and then sleep with me?"

I get that there are a lot of flaky women out there, and men are hesitant to put themselves (and their money) on the line until they're sure a woman is worth the effort. But here's thing: no intelligent, successful, mentally and emotionally healthy woman is going to stick around for date #2 if you treat her on date #1 like she isn't worth the effort. And then you have a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I love men. I enjoy being in their company and making them feel good. I like real dating. I don't like boys who have "are you going to sleep with me or not?" stamped on their foreheads. There is an ocean between the two, and I would genuinely rather be single forever than lower my standards. I'm happy. I'm not going to risk that just for the sake of saying I have someone. "Someone" is not what I'm looking for.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add the time that women hit on me (I'm heterosexual). I had a woman I work with ask me to be her walking partner and eventually told me that she was leaving her husband and wanted to start a new life with me. I had a woman who offered me a job (I had previously worked with her), then two days later invited me to go to a strip club with her, asked to spend the night at my house, and volunteered to be the designated driver. I also had a bisexual neighbor once say to me 'Ï know you don't like it but I'm going to do it anyway" while rubbing my leg after I told her I didn't want to be involved with her.

I also had a real doosey around a man who was everything I wanted. He dubbed me "Goddess Andrea" and talked about our future together but after we were together a few months, all he would talk about is how he wanted to see me having sex with other men in front of him. This was before had actually been together sexually. I told him it was okay if he was gay.

Since these experiences, I've moved to the country and started working from home (for real). The world is a strange place.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    been single for a year now since a looooong relationship.....went on probably 5 dates from online dating.......3 of them were easily 50 lbs heavier then there pics....2 i didnt even recognize.......1 talked about her miscarriage and how her ex bf was happy about it and how she just got poison ivy in and around her vag.....and 1 who i ended up dating for a month and was crazy.....ive almost come to find out if a girl is on a dating site theres a reason.
  • rml_16
    Options
    been single for a year now since a looooong relationship.....went on probably 5 dates from online dating.......3 of them were easily 50 lbs heavier then there pics....2 i didnt even recognize.......1 talked about her miscarriage and how her ex bf was happy about it and how she just got poison ivy in and around her vag.....and 1 who i ended up dating for a month and was crazy.....ive almost come to find out if a girl is on a dating site theres a reason.
    You know, I've been on dating sites in the past -- was a young, single mother, full time job, just not meeting anyone any other way -- and I'm pretty sane and normal, not especially overweight, smart, educated, can cook, pretty much the whole deal. And I barely got any attention.

Maybe the problem isn't the women on the sites so much as the women who men pay attention to on the sites.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I went for as date with a bloke that looked so good-on-paper, but when we met he was a bit blah. He wanted to hold my hand across the pub table :ohwell: , then kept talking about being a runner but he hadn't run coz of the UK weather (I am a UK runner and we barely have any days a year when it is not suitable to run if you really want to), then my cat was a traitor and sat on his lap despite me really wanting to get rid of him, then he picked his nose and made it bleed...on my beloved sofa.

:sick: :laugh: