water fasting

Options

Replies

• sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I dont think it is advisable for more than 1/2 day or 1 day. I have been never into fasting but people at my place do these for religious reasons and I researched into it, and I came to know occasional fasting is good for you. Might be one of reason is we eat spicy food at other times and the occasional cleanse is good for u.May be once or twice a month, not more than that.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    jennifer-anniston-gif-ya-think.gif

This just belongs here.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Water fasting... please. I do vodka fasting. Much better results.

step off fool, my hopps beat you to the blurry eyed post!

soultrain.gif

Whatev, I was doing my vodka workout.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1436-1386360554-6.gif

Yeah...water might bloat you and then...

tgI-gzklgVg-funny-weight-lifting-fail-gifsu.com.gif

This is what happens every time I drink water.

tumblr_m17pqgUHIH1qed2lco1_250.gif

I think I might be doing it wrong. Maybe the OP has some advice for me.

Yep. You definitely have a drinking problem. That's classic problem drinking right there.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Water fasting... please. I do vodka fasting. Much better results.

step off fool, my hopps beat you to the blurry eyed post!

soultrain.gif

Whatev, I was doing my vodka workout.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1436-1386360554-6.gif

Yeah...water might bloat you and then...

tgI-gzklgVg-funny-weight-lifting-fail-gifsu.com.gif

This is what happens every time I drink water.

tumblr_m17pqgUHIH1qed2lco1_250.gif

I think I might be doing it wrong. Maybe the OP has some advice for me.

Yep. You definitely have a drinking problem. That's classic problem drinking right there.

Yep. Happens every time someone calls me Shirley.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    The only thing your are doing with this is flushing out minerals and vitamins out of your body, and starving yourself for no reason..
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Yep. Happens every time someone calls me Shirley.

airplane-slap-o.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any supplements with it? I heard that you can get pretty sick doing a just water fast without any vitamins for an extended amount of time.
    Taking supplements would not be fasting. And taking supplements during a fast is not necessary. It's helpful to have a lead in diet, for a few days before the fast, with a lot of micro-nutrient rich food.

Or. You could just eat food and not do a pointless water fast.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any supplements with it? I heard that you can get pretty sick doing a just water fast without any vitamins for an extended amount of time.
    Taking supplements would not be fasting. And taking supplements during a fast is not necessary. It's helpful to have a lead in diet, for a few days before the fast, with a lot of micro-nutrient rich food.

Ignorance. You don't see the point, but there is one.
  • Achrya
    Options

Enlighten me, please
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    :huh: :noway: :grumble:
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Enlighten me, please
    No thanks, that sounds like a huge waste of time. If i were to spend an hour completely explaining it, provide peer reviewed medical studies, and show examples of people who have improved their lives through water fasting, it still wouldn't change your opinion. You didn't come in here to be enlightened, and we both know it.
  • Achrya
    Options

Enlighten me, please
    No thanks, that sounds like a huge waste of time. If i were to spend an hour completely explaining it, provide peer reviewed medical studies, and show examples of people who have improved their lives through water fasting, it still wouldn't change your opinion. You didn't come in here to be enlightened, and we both know it.

Ok then.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Enlighten me, please

tumblr_m8w7yjbrvq1qa9jwno1_500.gif
  • fhy1993
    Options
    I am aiming for 52 days done research and plenty of people have done this long plus i finding fasting pretty easy
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I am aiming for 52 days done research and plenty of people have done this long plus i finding fasting pretty easy

You are going to water fast for 52 days...am I reading that correctly?
  • fhy1993
    Options
    My best friend is a personal trainer and is joining the marines he said doing a fast is fine i have an 18 month old son and he says its fine as long as i font over do it if anyone wants to try a fast j suggest a juice fast first before doing a water fast so you get an idea of how hard it is every individual has different experience with fasting look it up and check out videos on youtube x
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Enlighten me, please

^^nice. Promoting starvation while having an 18 month old child to look after. You should be ashamed of yourself. You have no idea what 'research' the OP had done and did not even deign to get any facts whatsoever, yet you encouraged it. Shame on you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    My best friend is a personal trainer and is joining the marines he said doing a fast is fine i have an 18 month old son and he says its fine as long as i font over do it if anyone wants to try a fast j suggest a juice fast first before doing a water fast so you get an idea of how hard it is every individual has different experience with fasting look it up and check out videos on youtube x

Its ridiculous and irresponsible.
  • fhy1993
    Options
    Yes you read it correctly if you don't agree with fasting than just don't comment this page is for people who are curious and might want to give it ago not for people to say its wrong if its so wrong why can doctors recommend the diet to people and monitor people they would tell you not to not help you with the fast j suggest anyone who doesn't no about fasts looks them up and does there research Jesus done a 40 day fast Ghandi done a 21 day fast
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Its ridiculous and irresponsible.

Oh my god. Please don't listen to your marine buddy. Seriously. He has no idea what he is talking about. You need to talk to a doctor and a registered dietitian before you even attempt something like this. Bad. Idea.
This discussion has been closed.