Just count calories... really?

Options

Replies

• parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lpqojyk9k11qbadqqo1_400.gif

Who is white kitten beta guy? Someone knows.

Edited because I failed to read the comment properly. I thought you were asking the identity of your gif, I was happy to point out Lambchop!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Where did kitty-cat rant master go?!? I was really enjoying reading this thread, and now I'm at the end but still have 30 more minutes to kill at work.

Kitty-cat, come back....COME BACK!
    It was me... just kidding! I'm an entirely different crazy cat lady!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    yeah, I still see abs in the before pic....YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!

/sarcasm
    I immediately noticed that too, but (for once) I didn't have a sarcastic response... it was just "damn! that's your before pic?!" And also, lifting weights may be crazy, but you don't suck at it. The only way to suck at it is to not do it. :happy:
  • DarkestTimeline
    Options
    Where did kitty-cat rant master go?!? I was really enjoying reading this thread, and now I'm at the end but still have 30 more minutes to kill at work.

I'm still waiting to get slapped for not having credibility because my before picture is not worse. :frown:

BE FATTER!!

And don't worry about fake Thor. Pretty sure I shut him up something fierce.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

I'm still waiting to get slapped for not having credibility because my before picture is not worse. :frown:

Ooh, that's my fault :frown: :wink:

I think your before/after is amazing. Six dress sizes says something!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Buddy?

Minnie?

That you?
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

Lions are not concerned with the opinions of sheep.

You have made crazy awesome progress, try to inspire people with your posts, and you could snap him like a twig.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    It's kinda weird to be somewhat ashamed that you didn't start counting calories in a worse position. I know I will never fully understand how obese people feel. And I make a point not to minimize their struggles.

And yet, its so easy for people to minimize mine.

The struggles I've had are as real to me, as yours are to you. (Not pointing to anyone in particular).
    And while I don't have the same perspective, it doesn't mean that I haven't struggled with things and it doesn't mean that I haven't had to learn. I also doesn't mean that my perspective is useless.

I have lots of respect for people of all sizes, shapes, eating plans, goals, priorities. I don't think anyone has to be like me (hell, I would NOT advocate that at ALL!)

The whole point of this post was to say...
    IF you start with counting calories. And are true to that... then you will find that you can STILL incorporate some goodies into your diet, but that you are also forced to find ways to adapt your diet to your goals.

Focusing on calorie limits will cause you to become inventive as to how to achieve what you want... whether it be by exercising more so you can eat ALLDUHFOODZ, or whether it be by cutting out all sugar, or carbs, or treats.

If you can be healthy - mentally and physically - with whatever lifestyle you choose... it will be one you maintain.

*steps off soapbox*
  • MireyGal76
    Options

No, it's not you. :flowerforyou:

I have been told many a time to shut up because I wasn't fat. :ohwell:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    It's kinda weird to be somewhat ashamed that you didn't start counting calories in a worse position. I know I will never fully understand how obese people feel. And I make a point not to minimize their struggles.

And yet, its so easy for people to minimize mine.

The struggles I've had are as real to me, as yours are to you. (Not pointing to anyone in particular).
    And while I don't have the same perspective, it doesn't mean that I haven't struggled with things and it doesn't mean that I haven't had to learn. I also doesn't mean that my perspective is useless.

I have lots of respect for people of all sizes, shapes, eating plans, goals, priorities. I don't think anyone has to be like me (hell, I would NOT advocate that at ALL!)

The whole point of this post was to say...
    IF you start with counting calories. And are true to that... then you will find that you can STILL incorporate some goodies into your diet, but that you are also forced to find ways to adapt your diet to your goals.

Focusing on calorie limits will cause you to become inventive as to how to achieve what you want... whether it be by exercising more so you can eat ALLDUHFOODZ, or whether it be by cutting out all sugar, or carbs, or treats.

If you can be healthy - mentally and physically - with whatever lifestyle you choose... it will be one you maintain.

*steps off soapbox*

:flowerforyou: :drinker:

I wish more people got this!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Having been here I see now there are two groups of people, people here to live healthy lives and then all of you people saying that chocolate and diabetes causing foods covered in fat is ok!?
    Fallacy of the excluded middle. Or is it a strawman? Or simply very very bad reading comprehension?

Are you really saying that one cannot eat any chocolate, ever, if one desires to be healthy? Isn't that like saying that if one eats one salad in one's lifetime, one will therefore be healthy? Do you truly know nothing about dosage? A diet consisting of nothing but chocolate would be no more healthy than one consisting only of organic lettuce leafs. So it is a bit of luck no-one is recommending either! Moderation, balance and portion control are what is being offered here, not your apparent black/white view of the world.

[And how many times can I write "one" in one post?]
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lpqojyk9k11qbadqqo1_400.gif

Who is white kitten beta guy? Someone knows.

Edited because I failed to read the comment properly. I thought you were asking the identity of your gif, I was happy to point out Lambchop!

Lamb Chop is the original sock puppet. I think late 1950s, early 1960s. Beta Bill Rambo or whatever his name is (who had the white kitteh av) has to be someone's sock puppet account.

I'm hoping someone outs him or her.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

No, it's not you. :flowerforyou:

I have been told many a time to shut up because I wasn't fat. :ohwell:

Because your muscles just got up and grew all by themselves, one night while you were sleeping... :huh: :tongue:
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

I apologize you have done great work, I'm sorry.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    At least one more than that:

[And how many times can one write "one" in one post?]

Try harder next time.:bigsmile:
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Tagging for my FL
  • MireyGal76
    Options

I apologize you have done great work, I'm sorry.

*accepts apology*

and

*hugs the kitty.* cuz it's so damn cute
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Having been here I see now there are two groups of people, people here to live healthy lives and then all of you people saying that chocolate and diabetes causing foods covered in fat is ok!?
    Fallacy of the excluded middle. Or is it a strawman? Or simply very very bad reading comprehension?

Are you really saying that one cannot eat any chocolate, ever, if one desires to be healthy? Isn't that like saying that if one eats one salad in one's lifetime, one will therefore be healthy? Do you truly know nothing about dosage? A diet consisting of nothing but chocolate would be no more healthy than one consisting only of organic lettuce leafs. So it is a bit of luck no-one is recommending either! Moderation, balance and portion control are what is being offered here, not your apparent black/white view of the world.

Yes! Fat covered food IS ok. You are not going to get diabetes from a small piece of chocolate each day. This isn't about cutting foods out completely becuase if that were the case, life would suck (um..bacon anyone??) and by your account everyone would die from poor health.
    This is about finding balance and not shaming others simply because you have some really strange fear of food that perhaps you need to get some help for.
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Moderation!
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Code = cracked.

Preach on, sista! :drinker: