Just count calories... really?

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah?! Well... well... I bet you're all just a bunch of shills for Big Gluten. The bready menace has spread its yeasty roots far and deep; clearly you're all morally bankrupt, as well.

Plus, you're just jealous that my clean eating makes me a better person, over all. I bet you all eat babies on the weekend, too. If it fits your macros, right?!

hurr_durr_derp_face_hurr_More_Derps_For_Herping-s500x334-175285-580.jpg

um... well... sometimes I eat baby chickens on the weekend... but only before they start getting bones and fur and crunchy stuff. You know, like when you can crack em over a skillet and fry em up, and serve them with sliced up pig, cooked to perfection on a griddle... I particularly enjoy placing my baby chickens atop a slice of gluten rich bread, with cheese, and ketchup.

OH LORD I'M CRAVING BACON AND EGGS!
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Love the initial post, I think everything in moderation but I have also found that junk food/processed food tends to give me more headaches lately although that could possibly be slight dehydration either way i'm gonna cut junk food out for a while and see if that helps.....

Anyone else experienced this?

~Charlie
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    IANQGab.gif

I think I love you :heart:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Love the initial post, I think everything in moderation but I have also found that junk food/processed food tends to give me more headaches lately although that could possibly be slight dehydration either way i'm gonna cut junk food out for a while and see if that helps.....

~Charlie
    Why wouldn't you try drinking more water first?
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options

~Charlie

I am going to try that but I was just wondering if the processed food.junk food could also be a potential cause for headaches....
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options

~Charlie

I am going to try that but I was just wondering if the processed food.junk food could also be a potential cause for headaches....
    I get migraines from MSG and raw onions as well as ragweed. But this is because of an allergy to these things.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

~Charlie

I get migraines from MSG and raw onions as well as ragweed. But this is because of an allergy to these things.

peanuts and nuts (cashews, hazelnuts, almonds, etc) trigger my migraines. So does a sudden drop in barometric pressure or when it gets too hot and stuffy.

I've never had processed foods trigger my migraines and not sure what is junk food. I think if you are eating food out of a junk yard might mean you have issues to address bigger than migraines.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

~Charlie

If anything in those foods are causing issues, it could be an intolerance for something in the food that is causing it rather than the fact that it is processed or "junk food" - which I am assuming to be sweets / treats / snacks etc. I have a friend who became intolerant of red food dye, for example. Red food dye is found in a LOT of food.

I use the word intolerant over allergy, as there is a clinical difference between the two.

Anything could be a trigger, which is why it is handy to log all food... You can also record in the food notes section how you're feeling and see if you see commonalities appearing.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Dude, you make vegans look bad. Just stop. We got it.

You are like the Westboro Church of Veganism

Winning.gif
  • somerisagirlsname
    Options
    Just because you are naturally skinny, obvious from your picture! Doesn't mean we can all eat sweets and look like that!

Obvious troll is obvious.

Troll_in_the_dungeon!.gif
  • Amandaeve1989
    Amandaeve1989 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is macros? Can someone explain please?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    What is macros? Can someone explain please?
    Macros is short for Macronutrients - Carbohydrates, Fats and Proteins.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Works for me.

I make different choices too. And I eat GREAT! And I have a great treat every day.

The arguments seem to run to extremes on here, which is unfortunate.
  • somerisagirlsname
    Options
    Re: Before Picture. I'm obese and I think it's idiotic for anyone to discount your advice or results because you didn't start out obese. You look amazing, and you can absolutely tell a HUGE difference between the before and after, so good on you, and poo on anyone else who thinks you don't know anything because you weren't fat.
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    Options
    Or do what I do :) eateateateat, then eat some more, I will cut when I need to, you cannot live completely to restricted diet 100% of the time one thing I've learned.
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    "Eat all the addictive processed crap you want, just count calories"

I read this statement in one of the other threads, and it was intended as a slur to those who follow this mantra.
    I just wanted to say WHY that mantra works for me.

I LOVE donuts, fancy coffees, ranch dressing, pizza, ice cream, cookies, and ooooooh DORITOS... pretty much most of the foods that are labeled "bad", I have a soft spot for.

When I decided I wanted a six pack, my friend told me I'd never be able to get one because I'd have to eat "clean" - cut out ALL of those things that I love. I wrote it off and said, "well, I guess I'll never get a six pack then".

When I found MFP, I was introduced to calorie counting. I'd heard about it before, but I had NO IDEA where to start... protein? fat? carbs? sodium? :sad: It confused the HELL out of me.

I committed to counting calories and staying within my target range... which at the time was around 1800 calories per day.

I quickly found that while I love those processed and sweet foods, they sucked my calorie limit for the day by noon!

So... I began to adjust... I naturally started cutting back, because I was determined to stay within my calories, and I love to eat. I hate feeling hungry. A 500 calorie donut satisfies my emotions temporarily, but 8 ounces of chicken breast does that soooo much more.

I allow myself treats. I eat so called "bad" food - daily - but I also make SMARTER choices... and those smarter choices helped me get to where I am now, without trying to live a life that I would hate and I know would cause me to binge.

tldr_trollcat.JPG
    I count calories. I love to eat. I do not eat "clean" but I am certainly eating CLEANER... because it helps me feel fuller longer. I allow treats. I live and enjoy life. And it works FOR ME.

Do what works for you. :)

i love you. that is all :)
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Re: Before Picture. I'm obese and I think it's idiotic for anyone to discount your advice or results because you didn't start out obese. You look amazing, and you can absolutely tell a HUGE difference between the before and after, so good on you, and poo on anyone else who thinks you don't know anything because you weren't fat.

Thank you very much! :flowerforyou:
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    People are crazy if they think your advice is invalid simply because you haven't been obese! We all have something to contribute, and to say someone can never give advice because they haven't personally been there is ridicoulous. If that were true, every counselor in the world could not give advice unless they experienced each and every problem of those they counsel. I want to hear ideas and suggestions for fit people regardless of how they got there.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Mirey. I'm going to ask you this one time, and one time only.

How much are they paying you?
    Are you wearing a wire?
    Are we being recorded?
    Make your left hand into a fist if you are saying this against your will.

shhh1.gif

Heath-Ledger-Wink-Smile-Gif.gif

Oh, Heath. :heart: :sad:
  • MireyGal76
    Options

Heath-Ledger-Wink-Smile-Gif.gif

Oh, Heath. :heart: :sad:

I know!!! :sad: