Barista refused to remake my drink or add more milk to it

Options

Replies

• mo135
    mo135 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, just sometimes, its worth sitting back and reading 7 pages on an important topic like this.

Sadly, this wasn't one of them.
    Well, I've had fun. Get into the spirit of it!

LOL I'm trying. That bridge, straw, full cup thing really helped.
  • BarbarainMN
    Options
    I am so upset, I had a drink made at Starbucks and when they made it they showed it to me and from what I could see it looked good but I waited a bit and when the whip melted the drink was like an inch down from the rim! So they had filled it up with an inch of just whip cream and when I showed them this and explained it and asked for more milk they refused to do it and refused to remake it saying well I showed it to you before and its just fine, well I couldn't tell before that they used so much whip cream. And they refused to remake it and told me to stop talking.

LOL - this can't be serious, right?

You're in for a tough life if this is the kind of stuff that makes you "so upset".
    I so agree! How could this possibly deserve an 'I am so upset' posting? When did mfp become weird version of fb?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    This is why I always go to Starbucks with a lactating friend. If I get shorted, I just have her top me off.

:flowerforyou:
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options

You think I dont allready know that? I know that allready. Why act like your better then me and be rude tho that only makes you look like your not smart. No offence. I wasnt meen to anywon just made some spelling arrors. It must be nice up their in your catle!! :mad:

*edit for typeos

:noway: That was the edited version?!

Yea and I sea you editted yours to so i gues nobodys purfect.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You think I dont allready know that? I know that allready. Why act like your better then me and be rude tho that only makes you look like your not smart. No offence. I wasnt meen to anywon just made some spelling arrors. It must be nice up their in your catle!! :mad:

*edit for typeos

:noway: That was the edited version?!

Yea and I sea you editted yours to so i gues nobodys purfect.

LAIR!!!!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Don't ask for whipped cream? And, don't go there again. Problem solved.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    3. Barista
    A person who works in a coffeeshop. More than likely, a person who puts up with large variables of bull **** from snobby customers throughout his/her work shift.
    "Hey, what do you do?"
    "I'm a Barista "
    "Oh, I'm sorry..."
    "Yeah man...It's okay."
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am so upset, I had a drink made at Starbucks and when they made it they showed it to me and from what I could see it looked good but I waited a bit and when the whip melted the drink was like an inch down from the rim! So they had filled it up with an inch of just whip cream and when I showed them this and explained it and asked for more milk they refused to do it and refused to remake it saying well I showed it to you before and its just fine, well I couldn't tell before that they used so much whip cream. And they refused to remake it and told me to stop talking.
    Call headquarters and remind them that you were looking for 'the Starbucks experience' maybe you'll get a free coffee....
  • I love it when people feed the trolls.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Call headquarters and remind them that you were looking for 'the Starbucks experience' maybe you'll get a free coffee....
    Ha, "the Starbucks experience"!!
    1c7e6_idiocracy-starbucks-exotic-coffee-for-men.jpg
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I would consider it a new low in life when Starbucks tells you to shut up about your order. :cry:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    This reminds me a story from my first experience with Starbucks. Prior to the bucks my only knowledge of cappucino is what you would find in a cappucino machine at a gas station (ie. Sugar filled french vanilla goodness in a cup). So the first I go to starbucks i order a cappucino. My mom asked me if I was sure and I insisted. So I get my cappucino, i got to take my first sip, and blech! WTF? Why am I drinking foam? Wheres the dang cappucino? Where is the sugar?

Long story short, I marched back into that starbucks and asked them why they only filled my cup half way. After the amazed stares, they were like, "You ordered a cappucino, and that is how they are made". Me, being the cultured, gas station drinking cappucino connoisseur I am retorted with "Oh no, I have had plenty of cappucinos before, and this is not it! Might I also say this is the worst cappucino I have ever had! If that cappucino machine at Qwik Trip had a tip jar I might be obliged to contribute knowing the superiour product they possess! I demand satisfaction!" (my response may be over exaggerated for dramatic effect)

So after some convincing they made me a latte. I drink lattes now.

Moral of the Story. OP, try harder and get the job done. Don't be a quitter and then whine about your failure on an internet message board.

Ain't nothing wrong with Quick Trip cappuccino! :drinker:
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I always ask for light foam now, ever since I was served a latte that was about 1/2 foam. I know it's trivial, but it just irks me. This is a five dollar coffee. I want 10 or 11 ounces of latte in my 12 ounce cup, not 6.

I actually feel a bit silly now, ordering a "decaf tall lactose free light foam latte", but I just want to get my money's worth. And they are really quite good about taking ridiculously picky orders. They don't even roll their eyes. :laugh: I'm lactose intolerant and have to limit my caffeine because of my meds, but I just love the taste of Starbucks' lattes.

I really want to try the salted caramel mocha, but "decaf tall nonfat lactose free half sweet salted caramel mocha no whip" is just too much, even for me.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mw9gqjiTML1ryc2v5.gif

Save money, Make coffee at home= Profit.
  • workoutgirl141
    Options
    Why? They shouldn't be telling people to shut up about their order.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    just ask for no foam or low foam next time. that usually means you get more milk and less air

^^^ I always ask for no foam. Much less calories that way!!
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If this is the worst thing in your life you have to complain about, then consider yourself luck. Seriously, relax.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Already splattered my laptop screen about ten times with my (homemade) cappuccino...hilarious thread. :bigsmile:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    but I just love the taste of Starbucks' lattes.
    Get a machine so you can make it at home?
    From using friend's machines, from what I can tell, there's plenty that are decent enough.
    It doesn't take too long to learn to do it decently, either (appreciated a lot of people working in coffee shops don't care, but if you make an effort you soon get used to it.)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Except for the part where they're owned by an American company and their donuts come from a freezer. And their coffee is un-drinkable. Tastes burned.