Harming children to make yourself feel good?

Options

Replies

• Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I was ready to run in here with pitch fork ready to burn evil child abusing people. Then I read about giving kids candy. Sad. Now I have all this rage and nothing to do with it. TO THE GYM!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    We never allow our dogs people food, it is not good for them
    True. A piece of steak is TERRIBLE for a dog. I mean, why would you feed a dog meat? It's not as though that's what they're built to eat or anything.

That doesn't make sense, dogs are carnivores!
    But it's people food. People food is bad for dogs. They must only eat dog food.

How is it people food? cows aren't only for humans!
    People eat steak. Therefore, it is people food and not for dogs. It will KILL them! KILL THEM!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    or . . . . you as a parent could teach your child a bit of self control and . . . wait for it . . . .EXERCISE! :noway: believe it or not food isn't evil- even sugar filled delicious food

and yes I am the mother of 2 kids (3.5 and 5)
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    True. A piece of steak is TERRIBLE for a dog. I mean, why would you feed a dog meat? It's not as though that's what they're built to eat or anything.

I think somewhere sarcasm was missed.
  • rml_16
    Options

I think somewhere sarcasm was missed.

SSSSHHHH!!!!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

People eat steak. Therefore, it is people food and not for dogs. It will KILL them! KILL THEM!

Sugar will do that to kids so I guess it's all the same!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    My brother sends a care package about once a year of sweets from Mexico. Tamarind/pepper/sugar things as a cultural education and he knows I like these (it's a willful sabotage - he knows it and I know it - it's also why I buy him tequila :devil:). If I told him "no" I think he would send double. The tamarind sweets usually last six months until I eat them.

My father takes my girls to eat cheescake or ice cream whenever he wants or they ask.

Big deal, they see eat other 2-3 weeks a year. My kids are fine.

Sharing food IS part of the human social make up and it SHOULD make you feel good to share a meal. This has social, cultural and family value and I for one refuse to create issues around it.

What next? No cake at birthday parties and no frangipane. marzipan or lebkuchen? :sad: It's what I'm sending back. NOT ASKING. :flowerforyou:

No tamarinds where hurt to make this post
    483b254f27f09A30__Tsitika_tamarindochileok.jpg.jpg

pmincemeat18_1208455c.jpg

Have some marzipan babies
    marzipan-babies.jpg

Evil evil lebkuchen

8144-Contessa-US_Web.jpg
  • rml_16
    Options

Clearly. I mean, I'm so thankful my parents didn't allow me sugar because I would be dead now if they had.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

I was a kid once. I survived the sugar-acolpyse
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE PROJECTING AND BLAMING OTHERS TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER. STOP.

:drinker:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

I was ready to run in here with pitch fork ready to burn evil child abusing people. Then I read about giving kids candy. Sad. Now I have all this rage and nothing to do with it. TO THE GYM!!!

I love you SoVi :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

I was a kid once. I survived the sugar-acolpyse

Then why are we all here!? It's to lose weight because we indulged in too much sugar and fatty foods!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    You forgot to add "after midnight." Can't have gremlins running around, destroying the city.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

I have a pomeranian with stomach problems and per the vet she can only eat certain dog foods OR I can make her food myself which is usually chicken rice and veggies. Now I mix it up and she gets half approved dog food and half rice mix. She is doing so well now. I love to see her playing and full of energy!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    marzipan-babies.jpg

Wow! Who could actually bring themselves to eat those?!?!?

They are too adorable though!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Grandparents and aunties especially, and friends and relatives everywhere - please, please, please, please, please ask parents first BEFORE offering children sweets and treats!!!!! And NEVER sneak them treats when parents say no.

Of course you're not harming them on purpose, but a diet with too many cookies, cakes, candy and sweets is never good for anyone, especially children, especially when they are busy - and there are a lot of "special visits" during the holidays, so your offer might be a child's sixth cookie for the day.

Kids don't yet have the ability to make considered choices about their nutrition; their parents do. If you're going around Mom and Dad to feed them high calorie, nutritionally void food - you're getting your own, warm, fuzzy, heart warming smile, "thank you," and, "I love you," AT THEIR EXPENSE - in straight, harsh terms: YOU ARE HARMING THEM TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL GOOD. STOP.
    Interesting,
    So your saying its the 1000 calories cookies that my child eats that is harmfull and not the lack of 60min of exercise daily.
    Interesting. I believe any exercise can out run a cookie here or there.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    strong post. much logic. many feels
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So, today...my 3 year old is having a pancake for breakfast. And after he gets done with school (where he will ONLY eat a pb&j sandwich and fruit), he is gonna have french fries. And at some point he will have a fruit snack with his gummy vitamin. After dinner (probably pizza bites or fish sticks) he's gonna have a cookie. Oh, and yogurt, applesauce, some more fruit, some 'juice' (water with a touch of 100% juice for flavor), and who know what else. Guess what: he's in the top 95% of the height and weight scales, and is healthy as an ox.

Maybe for that, he will have another cookie. =)
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Someone needs to make a compelling argument for kids = dogs quick or else this thread is going to get shut down extra quick for the hijack. So, here it goes:

Some people don't have kids. Some of those people who don't have kids have dogs. Some of those people consider those dogs to be their kids. Ergo, for some people kids = dogs. There!
  • wardances
    Options
    marzipan-babies.jpg

Where can I get some of these?! I hate marzipan but I'd change my mind for these little things.