Harming children to make yourself feel good?

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I like where this is going. O.o:
    I'm not sure I know where it's going. Can you please explain???

24odcpd.jpg
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I know where it's going. Can you please explain???

Shhhhh, just let it happen.......
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    We fight this battle constantly with my MIL. Although well meaning, it does have a tendency to establish bad habits for our twins.
  • nainai0585
    Options
    Aaaaaand waiting for the thread to lock.....

Your welcome.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Does this "6 cookie rule" apply to adults?

Because I may have had 12 cookies in a day once.

I think I'm dead already.

I will haunt you all.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I don't have kids. I couldn't handle being around them AND being around parents like the OP. Good luck to her and her kid both. Have a fantastic time at your next family gathering and your next wrestling match. I anticipate much crying at both.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    This topic is strongly worded on purpose - partly for fun, and also because I'm tired of having to run interference with food pushers.

My kids are allowed sweets and treats in moderation - but the next person to sneak one of my kids a cookie behind my back may be force fed a full length video of my five year old crying after he gets his backside handed to him at his next wrestling tournament.

Because eating a cookie will make him lose the tournament?

One cookie? No. Too many cookies? Yes, especially if he misses a weight cut off and has to wrestle up a class.

Managing a five year old's weight for competitions? Damn. This is worse than Toddlers in Tiaras.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options

Your welcome.

I have a welcome? What's that?
  • pierrena
    Options
    "Tout aliment qui nécessite l'amélioration de l'utilisation de substances chimiques doit en aucune façon être considéré comme un aliment."
    - John H. Tobe
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Does this "6 cookie rule" apply to adults?

Because I may have had 12 cookies in a day once.

I think I'm dead already.

I will haunt you all.

That black bar in your pp already is.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    This topic is strongly worded on purpose - partly for fun, and also because I'm tired of having to run interference with food pushers.

My kids are allowed sweets and treats in moderation - but the next person to sneak one of my kids a cookie behind my back may be force fed a full length video of my five year old crying after he gets his backside handed to him at his next wrestling tournament.

One cookie? No. Too many cookies? Yes, especially if he misses a weight cut off and has to wrestle up a class.

Are you managing your child's weight for competitive purposes as a 5 year old?

No. I'm just trying to keep them healthy. Sports/exercise are a part of keeping them healthy, and sports just aren't as fun if you lose all the time.
  • wardances
    Options

Totally unrelated AT ALL but I just realized that your profile pic is not what I thought it was. This entire time I thought you had panty hose on your head (and I even saw a face in the shadows of your hair) as a way to hide your online identity while also showing off how fantastic you look. :huh: I think I should quit the internet now and get some sleep...
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Your welcome mat is near the front door.

Fixed.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Your welcome.
    When will it end? :cry:
  • nainai0585
    Options

Your welcome.

Its an idiom
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is a little less creepy than the title suggested.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

No. I'm just trying to keep them healthy. Sports/exercise are a part of keeping them healthy, and sports just aren't as fun if you lose all the time.

then choose a different sport?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

And life just isn't as much fun when your mom is obsessing over cookies and weight categories.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options

Your welcome.

Its an idiom

How can something own an idiom?
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    In before the lock!!

edited for my bad grammer...