Harming children to make yourself feel good?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I have a dog (not exactly the same thing) but you would be amazed how many people think it's ok to give an animal people food. Anytime I go to a social gather I make it clear to everyone that it is not OK to feed my dog anything. I think it's a parent's responsibility (or pet owner) to have that talk with family/friends. Don't just assume that everyone should know.

Seriously I like animals as much as the next guy but who the heck takes their pet to social gatherings on a regular basis?

Maybe I just am not aware of this...I never see anyone do it.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    We never allow our dogs people food, it is not good for them
    True. A piece of steak is TERRIBLE for a dog. I mean, why would you feed a dog meat? It's not as though that's what they're built to eat or anything.

That doesn't make sense, dogs are carnivores!
    But it's people food. People food is bad for dogs. They must only eat dog food.

How is it people food? cows aren't only for humans!
    People eat steak. Therefore, it is people food and not for dogs. It will KILL them! KILL THEM!

I have no idea how long this continues but please have mercy

Also, let's make sure wolves don't eat anymore carcasses.

Dear god is this for real? I know I am home with a fever, someone please tell me I am hallucinating this.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I have a dog (not exactly the same thing) but you would be amazed how many people think it's ok to give an animal people food. Anytime I go to a social gather I make it clear to everyone that it is not OK to feed my dog anything. I think it's a parent's responsibility (or pet owner) to have that talk with family/friends. Don't just assume that everyone should know.

Seriously I like animals as much as the next guy but who the heck takes their pet to social gatherings on a regular basis?

My mother-in-law's gay friend brings his dog to every holiday function. But then again, he insists that he's the pooch's "mama". So...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    OP was dropped on head as a child....
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why when I have my nieces and nephews, we make a special trip to the gym where I make run on the treadmill, ride the stationary bike and they either squat, benchpress or deadlift before they are permitted to leave!!! As they whine and cry, I just yell "feel the burn!! One more rep!! 5 more minutes...you can do it!!!" and then the rest of the gym just thinks it's like a version of the biggest loser and that they are working really really hard.

Heaven knows what trash their parents are feeding them and how their little bodies just cannot fight off that sugar poison and how the calories will build up and make them fat before they turn 5!!!

Healthy habits early and often!!!
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Not what I thought this was going to be about. So I should tell Grandma to stop allowing my son to have ice cream? Yeah, that'll happen. Grandparents house is where all the treats happen, it is the privilege of being a grandparent. I plan on doing the same when it is my turn (unless there is a MEDICAL reason why I should not). I agree with whoever said you sound fun. :noway:

Your welcome.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

People have people at their homes and they have pets in their homes.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    :huh: WOW!!! I'm glad I wasn't a kid around some of your houses around the holidays...

It's Christmas! Lighten up! I'm pretty sure six or seven Christmas cookies never killed a kid.

And if it's all about making sure your five year old makes weight for a competition, you my friend have some serious issues! I would pay to see you and the parent that sued the school, for bullying, because her sons team lost a game in the same room. That would be priceless... LOL!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    True. A piece of steak is TERRIBLE for a dog. I mean, why would you feed a dog meat? It's not as though that's what they're built to eat or anything.

People eat steak. Therefore, it is people food and not for dogs. It will KILL them! KILL THEM!

Dear god is this for real? I know I am home with a fever, someone please tell me I am hallucinating this.

I don't know who is involved in this conversation, so maybe I'm wrong, but I would think the person claiming that steak is people food and will kill dogs is just toying with people.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why when I have my nieces and nephews, we make a special trip to the gym where I make run on the treadmill, ride the stationary bike and they either squat, benchpress or deadlift before they are permitted to leave!!! As they whine and cry, I just yell "feel the burn!! One more rep!! 5 more minutes...you can do it!!!" and then the rest of the gym just thinks it's like a version of the biggest loser and that they are working really really hard.

Heaven knows what trash their parents are feeding them and how their little bodies just cannot fight off that sugar poison and how the calories will build up and make them fat before they turn 5!!!

Healthy habits early and often!!!

Best post yet. Thank you.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    This topic is strongly worded on purpose - partly for fun, and also because I'm tired of having to run interference with food pushers.

My kids are allowed sweets and treats in moderation - but the next person to sneak one of my kids a cookie behind my back may be force fed a full length video of my five year old crying after he gets his backside handed to him at his next wrestling tournament.

This answer is strongly worded on purpose - nothing fun in mind. If your 5 year old is crying when getting defeated in a wrestling tournament - there are more serious issues to be worried about than cookies.

Have you ever been to grade school wrestling tournaments? Unfortunately, there's a lot of crying . . .

A five year old is a kindergartner. My point was about putting a child into a pressure cooker that makes him want to cry at the end (regardless of how many children are in the cooker with him). There is so much time in our school years for organized sports. I find it interesting that we keep pushing our children to do these things at younger ages. I guess the days of having to wait until you are old enough to do something, are over.
  • rml_16
    Options

I don't know who is involved in this conversation, so maybe I'm wrong, but I would think the person claiming that steak is people food and will kill dogs is just toying with people.
    It was me.

And you know I'm always serious. Especially since I don't understand sarcasm at all.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

My mother-in-law's gay friend brings his dog to every holiday function. But then again, he insists that he's the pooch's "mama". So...

I have a friend like this that refers to his cat as his son.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

It was me.

And you know I'm always serious. Especially since I don't understand sarcasm at all.

:wink:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

It was me.

Thank god. Faith in humanity restored. :flowerforyou:
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

It was me.

LOL your so funny.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    OP, all I've learned from you is to keep a whip at my side to use in the event that a person dare hand my child a delicious sugary treat. Surely, it will ruin his odds of being successful. Maybe some cucumber throwing stars to deflect all other offenders?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    This topic is strongly worded on purpose - partly for fun, and also because I'm tired of having to run interference with food pushers.

My kids are allowed sweets and treats in moderation - but the next person to sneak one of my kids a cookie behind my back may be force fed a full length video of my five year old crying after he gets his backside handed to him at his next wrestling tournament.

This answer is strongly worded on purpose - nothing fun in mind. If your 5 year old is crying when getting defeated in a wrestling tournament - there are more serious issues to be worried about than cookies.

Have you ever been to grade school wrestling tournaments? Unfortunately, there's a lot of crying . . .

A five year old is a kindergartner. My point was about putting a child into a pressure cooker that makes him want to cry at the end (regardless of how many children are in the cooker with him). There is so much time in our school years for organized sports. I find it interesting that we keep pushing our children to do these things at younger ages. I guess the days of having to wait until you are old enough to do something, are over.

Yeah, I sort of avoid activities with my daughter that end up in lots of tears. But I'm sort of funny that way. I would also never expose my child to the concept of 'weight' except at the doctor's office at such a young age. Could this be the reason male anorexia is on the rise? Young males do crazy things to make weight for wrestling. To think of intentionally exposing your 5 year old to that kind of weight scrutiny makes me sick. "Don't you DARE EAT THAT COOKIE! You won't make weight!" :sick:
  • rml_16
    Options
    It was me.

LOL your so funny.

Finish your thought ...

My so funny what?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Because eating a cookie will make him lose the tournament?

One cookie? No. Too many cookies? Yes, especially if he misses a weight cut off and has to wrestle up a class.

What if I give him a whole bag of apples or carrots, instead of cookies, and he misses weight? We're good then, right?