Harming children to make yourself feel good?

Options

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    This topic is strongly worded on purpose - partly for fun, and also because I'm tired of having to run interference with food pushers.

My kids are allowed sweets and treats in moderation - but the next person to sneak one of my kids a cookie behind my back may be force fed a full length video of my five year old crying after he gets his backside handed to him at his next wrestling tournament.

This answer is strongly worded on purpose - nothing fun in mind. If your 5 year old is crying when getting defeated in a wrestling tournament - there are more serious issues to be worried about than cookies.

Have you ever been to grade school wrestling tournaments? Unfortunately, there's a lot of crying . . .

A five year old is a kindergartner. My point was about putting a child into a pressure cooker that makes him want to cry at the end (regardless of how many children are in the cooker with him). There is so much time in our school years for organized sports. I find it interesting that we keep pushing our children to do these things at younger ages. I guess the days of having to wait until you are old enough to do something, are over.

Tell my 5 year old he can't play hockey until he's older....then you'll see tears.
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It was me.

And you know I'm always serious. Especially since I don't understand sarcasm at all.

LOL your so funny.

Finish your thought ...

My so funny what?

LOL, your so funny you funny person. Better?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It was me.

And you know I'm always serious. Especially since I don't understand sarcasm at all.

LOL your so funny.

Finish your thought ...

My so funny what?

Not really.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have a dog (not exactly the same thing) but you would be amazed how many people think it's ok to give an animal people food. Anytime I go to a social gather I make it clear to everyone that it is not OK to feed my dog anything. I think it's a parent's responsibility (or pet owner) to have that talk with family/friends. Don't just assume that everyone should know.

Seriously I like animals as much as the next guy but who the heck takes their pet to social gatherings on a regular basis?

Maybe I just am not aware of this...I never see anyone do it.

I do. I have two pugs and my two closest friends have dogs as well. When we all hang out we bring all the dogs. And since it's the holidays I'll take them with me to stay at my parents' house for a week.

I wouldn't just show up to a social gathering with them, but in those two scenarios they're expected and people are disappointed if they don't come.
  • nainai0585
    Options
    It was me.

LOL your so funny.

Finish your thought ...

My so funny what?

Not really.

YOU TOO!! I'm not that funny either, I just make up for it in looks and great sex....or so my boyfriends tell me. What's your excuse? :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It was me.

LOL your so funny.

Finish your thought ...

My so funny what?

Not really.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    It was me.

LOL your so funny.

Finish your thought ...

My so funny what?

Not really.
    What is a "so funny you funny person"?

And, why is it rml_16's?
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    It was me.

LOL your so funny.

Finish your thought ...

My so funny what?

LOL, you're so funny you beautiful, awesome person you!
    Not really.

Fixed.
  • rml_16
    Options
    It was me.

LOL your so funny.

Finish your thought ...

My so funny what?

Not really.

YOU TOO!! I'm not that funny either, I just make up for it in looks and great sex....or so my boyfriends tell me. What's your excuse? :)
    Now you're just toying with me.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    It was me.

LOL your so funny.

Finish your thought ...

My so funny what?

Not really.

Was that an attempt at an insult?? Because that's not cool. :mad:

Of course, it wasn't very coherent so I'm not that sure... :huh:

WAIT! Was I supposed to read between the lines??
  • rml_16
    Options
    It was me.

LOL your so funny.

Finish your thought ...

My so funny what?

LOL, you're so funny you beautiful, awesome person you!
    Not really.

Fixed.

:laugh:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Shocked that this hasn't become a thread full of cat gifs yet

Though it seems to me that if you want your children to eat a certain way, you should articulate it to aunties and grandparents instead of insisting they come to you and ask whether or not every snack is ok. But I guess parenting is hard and stuff.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Shocked that this hasn't become a thread full of cat gifs yet

Though it seems to me that if you want your children to eat a certain way, you should articulate it to aunties and grandparents instead of insisting they come to you and ask whether or not every snack is ok. But I guess parenting is hard and stuff.

they-see-me-rollin-cat-turtle-gif.gif
  • nainai0585
    Options
    It was me.

LOL your so funny.

Finish your thought ...

My so funny what?

Not really.

Let's make a deal then:
    Since I OBVIOUSLY don't understand sarcasm either, then maybe you can start a support group and I will be one of your first members to join....then I an start a support group about great sex, and you can be one of the first members to join....BUT, I only accept LIVE volunteers to help teach...anyone want to be the first to volunteer? No experience necessary.
  • rml_16
    Options
    It was me.

LOL your so funny.

Finish your thought ...

My so funny what?

Not really.

Let's make a deal then:
    Since I OBVIOUSLY don't understand sarcasm either, then maybe you can start a support group and I will be one of your first members to join....then I an start a support group about great sex, and you can be one of the first members to join....BUT, I only accept LIVE volunteers to help teach...anyone want to be the first to volunteer? No experience necessary.
    Sure, whatever you want.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I like where this is going. O.o:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaand waiting for the thread to lock.....
  • rml_16
    Options
    I'm not sure if I like where this is going. O.o:
    I'm not sure I know where it's going. Can you please explain???
  • kathyflannery129
    kathyflannery129 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    eating sweets doesn't give you diabetes......
  • pierrena
    Options
    “You can't eat [literature], that's the problem," he said. "I've tried, it's very dry, and not at all nutritious.”
    ― Kenneth Oppel