Squats Ruined My *kitten*!

Options
I think squats ruined my *kitten*. I've always had a nice bubble butt but now from 3 months of squats 3 times a week getting up to 100lbs 3X5 I don't even fit my jeans and I just got this big round thing for a behind. I don't like it. Maybe lunges will do more what im looking for? Leaner hammies and get my small, regular bum back? FYI - was eating very healthy the last 3 months, Prob only 5% deficit but still a deficit, although December has been a different story. Eat whatever, whenever and shovel snow every 2-3 days.

Anyways, point is i don't like anything on my body to be associated with the work BIG. Im 5'9" and 155lbs and i wanna weigh 140lbs because that is the weight i felt sexy and SMALL at. I am thinking i should just switch to deficit and cardio with heavy weights 1-2 time a week. Once goal weight is met, then eat maintainence plus a little sometimes and continue the same exercise.

I know my body looks good at 140lbs and I don't want to wait and see what lifting heavy all the time will do. Like i said, i hate my big, round *kitten* from squats!

PS: Not me in the profile pic. Im not ready to post pics. Not til my goal is met. That will be my reward. Professional fitness pics.

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Without pics, it is hard to tell what's going on. But it can be irritating not to have clothes fit the way you want them to fit.
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    Without pics, it is hard to tell what's going on. But it can be irritating not to have clothes fit the way you want them to fit.

uhem! ur a guy just wanting to see a pic of a chics *kitten*. Move along please.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

uhem! ur a guy just wanting to see a pic of a chics *kitten*. Move along please.

Please use correct grammar when making a post that is condescending to me. Thank you.
  • Transformer711
    Options
    If you have been doing squats with weights then that will build the glutes causing your butt to get larger. If that's the case, then maybe cut down on the weights?

Guys don't see the problem with girls being large in places (having a big butt and boobs), but it can be a huge pain! Especially when it comes to getting clothes to fit,
  • mistertug
    Options
    stop doing squats
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with seeing a girl in a thong or something.
    Its about public opinion. Alot of people in general are to hard on themselves
    We as the public have an obligation to give you an honest answer.
    Just because you can't fit into your jeans, doesn't mean there is something wrong with your body.
    maybe there is an issue with the jeans.
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Honestly, in the long run squats will do AMAZING things for your butt! Don't stop doing them! I know your pain - I can't fit into my pants lately either! Not only do squats work your glutes and hammies, but they also work your quads (thigh muscles). They're also a culprit for shrinking pants. Just because your *kitten* feels as though it's getting bigger, it doesn't mean it's getting unsightly. Quite the contrary!

There's a whole page on Facebook dedicated to squats and what they do for our derriers called "Yeah, She Squats". Look it up! Don't give up on them - they're a fundamental part of sculpting a strong, beautiful physique!
  • VenharBaby
    Options

Please use correct grammar when making a post that is condescending to me. Thank you.

Correct grammar is for business documents, not texting and forum posts.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Maybe when you get to your goal weight you will find your butt is actually better off for the squats. As it will be firm, perky and round but with having lost weight it will likely be smaller than what you have now.
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    I don't care what guys think. I don't want a body with a big *kitten*, period. There are other exercises i can do that target the thighs and hammies. My *kitten* was fine before squatting, especially when i was 15lbs lighter. I have really nice jeans that i can't wear because of this squat *kitten*.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options

Being surly, on the other hand, is universal.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You don't log your food. You're probably building some nice muscle under the fat, which is why your pants are tight.

I had a bubble butt my whole life. Heavy squats (200+ pounds) plus heavy lunges, deadlifts and hip raises have just made it look even better. Had to get rid of fat along the way. My butt is actually pretty famous around here and the envy of many.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    You don't log your food. You're probably building some nice muscle under the fat, which is why your pants are tight.

I had a bubble butt my whole life. Heavy squats (200+ pounds) plus heavy lunges, deadlifts and hip raises have just made it look even better. Had to get rid of fat along the way. My butt is actually pretty famous around here and the envy of many.

Would I get my head bitten off if I asked to see pics? ;)
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

Being surly, on the other hand, is universal.

:laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Double what Amyrebeccah said.

If you really have been eating at a deficit are you sure it's not just "pump?"
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Oh.
  • VenharBaby
    Options

Cool, what did u do to get rid of the fat? Just kept heavy lifting and ate at a deficit? fat burning cardio?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    IN to find out what the hell a 5% deficit is.

Especially interested in what it means for a person that isn't even logging
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    Maybe i really did build nice muscle ----UNDERNEATH! If so, how do i reveal these muscles?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

actually, it should be employed at all times….