Are you logging your calories on Christmas Day?

Options

Replies

• jelineee
    jelineee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    nope. i decided to stop my diet for that day because there will be too many good food and it would be torture not to eat it all :laugh:
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'll probably log but I'm not going to make a big deal about it, I'm gonna eat what I want. :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Yup. I log every day, no matter the day. But I won't be eating under calories, for sure. :smile:
  • jordanes91
    jordanes91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see others will be logging food too. Christmas Eve/ Christmas are normally free for alls when it comes to food. But I just started with a personal trainer on Monday (my Christmas gift to myself) and I know how much hardwork i'm putting in. I can spend up to an hour prepping my food and logging daily and then 1-1.5 hours of working out (3 days with my trainer 2 alone). After knowing all of this I have made the tough decision to prep and take my own food to my get togethers with family. I know they will support my decision. It won't be easy and I am certainly dreading looking at roast beef, pumpkin pie and christmas cookies but I know it I get through it I will be proud of my decision and it will yield better results. Looking to lose 23 lbs. in the next 3 months.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    nope! having christmas day and boxing day off logging while i eat EVERYTHING and then i will be straight back on it!

This is exactly my plan! :bigsmile:
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and the chinese food will be delicious.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    glee-oh-hell-no.gif
  • blankney94
    Options
    No - I'm going to cut myself a break. I will eat what I want, but will do so in moderation. That is, I will eat my fill, but I won't binge.
  • wonders13
    Options
    no calorie counting for two days! :)
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    No, Although I weirdly like to log my calories (sometimes with a bit of angst), I don't want to worry about cals on christmas day. Eat, drink, be merry. I'm going to drink soft drinks, because with my anti-depressants for my anxiety, I don't think I'm allowed alcohol, and if so, not much. Which is a good thing really, alcohol stops weight loss. Have a good Christmas.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nope. I plan on eating everything, so logging will take too much time, and will be pointless as I will definitely be going over my calories. Plus, if I log it I will feel guilty, and it isn't worth feeling bad just for enjoying food for one day.

I agree
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Don't see why not. Who cares if you go over on calories its a holiday. You should log anyways and show good discipline. If not you'll just refuse to log any day you go over and then forget to log in general.
  • ajlandon
    ajlandon Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yup! I log everything, I just won't worry too much about it.
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I will be logging in my calories on Christmas Day just like any other day...
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Don't see why not. Who cares if you go over on calories its a holiday. You should log anyways and show good discipline. If not you'll just refuse to log any day you go over and then forget to log in general.

I agree....just because it's a holiday doesn't mean that I won't track. Just make sure to enjoy the day!!
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    Yes I will.

I've been overeating for a few months now and I'm just trying to get back on track. I don't think I'll eat much more than I have been in the past few weeks since I'm not hungry/deprived anymore. My main concern will be lack of exercise. As I am going home, I won't have access to the gym, it will be crowded in the house and I don't like fancy exercise in the cold and wind (that's why I pay for a fancy gym membership). I'll aim to take some good walks outside and do some fitness DVDs with the lil sis.

We go to church on Christmas morning, then eat Christmas lunch and then watch TV in the evening, and we usually have family friend or two pop round. I'll probably go for a long walk in the evening.

Then we're off to Paris until New Year - now THAT will blow out my diet as I have no intention of logging :)

I read somewhere that the average person consumes 6000 calories on Christmas day. Mind boggling. Even in my pre-weight conscious eat-all-the-pies days couldn't have managed that. If I pay no attention to what I eat I might top 3000 calories max.
  • missie_515513
    missie_515513 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the very same!!!! But to be fair I am soooo determined to lose weight right now I will be tracking however I may allow myself a bit extra. I have managed to lose 5lbs the last couple of weeks and I do not want one day to ruin it!!!
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'll log my foods, but I will not care that much about it.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will log, but we are having a very healthy and calorie friendly meal, so it will be easy. If I do go over, I will watch it more closely the next day, no biggie!!