Squats Ruined My *kitten*!

Options

Replies

• maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    OP, let's be frank, from your pictures in your profile, you need to lose weight to achieve your desired goal. It's not the squats, it's the fat.

That should be your goal for 2014.

[I'm in the same boat. I need to get leaner to achieve the look I want.]
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I don't think they remove muscles, they cut the nerve(s) to the muscles allowing them to atrophy. No less crazy, but considerably less messy.
    [/quote]

Shudders....
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    OP, from your photos, you simply need to reduce fat mass. You're probably around 30% body fat right now if those pics were just taken.
    Ya I figured i was more 25%. And yes the photos were just taken.

Not to be a downer, but I'm about...27-26% bodyfat. So I'd guess you're about 30, as suggested.

Not being mean. Just saying.

I have to agree with this, but I would have said closer to mid-30's. OP, can you take pictures of the same positions but flexed. Maybe you should look into getting your body fat % measured (maybe dexa scan?) or ask Sara and Sidesteel of the ETP group to evaluate.

But once you lose a lot more body fat, you'll slim down. This includes your *kitten*.

Holy moly! Really! mid 30 percentile! Im worse off then i thought i was......this makes me very sad......I need to do something about this.

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

"I don't want a big *kitten*"

said no one EVER. Be grateful for what you have and learn how to make it fabulous.

I have been known to say it. Because I have a bubble butt and was teased for it by my family. I want a shapely *kitten* but I would still say I don't want a BIG *kitten*. Personal preference. :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    How about eat at a defict and do cardio. THEN do some squats.

I think strength training would be more beneficial if you really want to cut down on the body fat % and not just the weight.

And in all honesty - you don't have a big butt...especially not a "squat butt" in the terms you are thinking. Your butt reminds me of mine I had (at my heaviest) a really flat fat *kitten*. Squats and other lower body work has actually lifted that to the point someone pointed out that my butt actually looks defined (compared to how it was a couple years ago) even though I'm still very overweight.

I think once I get to my goal body fat %, I'll actually have a little bit of a butt. (I'm genetically cursed with a flat Asian booty so I doubt I'll end up with a really nice bubble one without going through a few years of bulking and cutting).
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Options

said no one EVER.
    I don't know. I've seen this repeated several times in this thread and in my experience it's not true at all. Not wanting a big *kitten* is a pretty common sentiment (much to my chagrin).

I mean, according to a major manufacturer of sports apparel, this is what passes for a "great butt": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seysNzaCEhs

OP is somewhat tone deaf but there is nothing unusual about her feelings.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I don't think they remove muscles, they cut the nerve(s) to the muscles allowing them to atrophy. No less crazy, but considerably less messy.
    "3.SURGERY PROCEDURE

It is a widely held misconception that calves are fat when in fact, they are mostly solid muscle. There are numerous options available for calf reduction but most of them are temporary solutions such as Botox treatments and massage therapy. If you are looking for a permanent solution, your surgeon will recommend partial muscle resection surgery known as Korea’s calf reduction surgery. During the procedure, your surgeon will remove or burn up to 60% of the muscle in your calves, which has been proven to be the safe and ideal ratio for the slimming of the legs."

http://www.seoultouchup.com/calf-reduction-surgery/
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I don't care what guys think. I don't want a body with a big *kitten*, period. There are other exercises i can do that target the thighs and hammies. My *kitten* was fine before squatting, especially when i was 15lbs lighter. I have really nice jeans that i can't wear because of this squat *kitten*.

Why did you even post? If you aren't looking for opinions then do what will get you the a*s that you want and stop drawing attention to yourself and your "problem" that many women here are working toward. /thread.
  • fitandskinnygal
    Options
    If you're losing enough weight and doing squats you should be getting a smaller firmer butt, but if you're not losing weight you might just be gaining muscle back there. I've been doing the 30 day squat challenge and my butt hasn't really gotten bigger, just more defined.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

said no one EVER. Be grateful for what you have and learn how to make it fabulous.

I have been known to say it. Because I have a bubble butt and was teased for it by my family. I want a shapely *kitten* but I would still say I don't want a BIG *kitten*. Personal preference. :flowerforyou:

I don't want a big *kitten* either. when I was a kid, that was about the worst insult possible.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    nasty troll is nasty.
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    OP, from your photos, you simply need to reduce fat mass. You're probably around 30% body fat right now if those pics were just taken.
    Ya I figured i was more 25%. And yes the photos were just taken.

Not to be a downer, but I'm about...27-26% bodyfat. So I'd guess you're about 30, as suggested.

Not being mean. Just saying.

I have to agree with this, but I would have said closer to mid-30's. OP, can you take pictures of the same positions but flexed. Maybe you should look into getting your body fat % measured (maybe dexa scan?) or ask Sara and Sidesteel of the ETP group to evaluate.

But once you lose a lot more body fat, you'll slim down. This includes your *kitten*.

Holy moly! Really! mid 30 percentile! Im worse off then i thought i was......this makes me very sad......I need to do something about this.

k thanks. I would agree with 30% but NOT 35%
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Without pics, it is hard to tell what's going on. But it can be irritating not to have clothes fit the way you want them to fit.

uhem! ur a guy just wanting to see a pic of a chics *kitten*. Move along please.

Please use correct grammar when making a post that is condescending to me. Thank you.

Correct grammar is for business documents, not texting and forum posts.

actually, it should be employed at all times….

Yes, please! I can't stand trying to read "text speak", and if I see "yolo" one more time, I might punch somebody in the throat!
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options

I don't want a big *kitten* either. when I was a kid, that was about the worst insult possible.

Yeah...I'm sure it wasn't "you're fat" or "thunder thighs" ....a big *kitten* was totally the worst insult possible.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    "3.SURGERY PROCEDURE

It is a widely held misconception that calves are fat when in fact, they are mostly solid muscle. There are numerous options available for calf reduction but most of them are temporary solutions such as Botox treatments and massage therapy. If you are looking for a permanent solution, your surgeon will recommend partial muscle resection surgery known as Korea’s calf reduction surgery. During the procedure, your surgeon will remove or burn up to 60% of the muscle in your calves, which has been proven to be the safe and ideal ratio for the slimming of the legs."

http://www.seoultouchup.com/calf-reduction-surgery/

*plugging ears, singing loadly*

Wait, might add fuel to the hearing voices argument.... Lol
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    I don't care what guys think. I don't want a body with a big *kitten*, period. There are other exercises i can do that target the thighs and hammies. My *kitten* was fine before squatting, especially when i was 15lbs lighter. I have really nice jeans that i can't wear because of this squat *kitten*.

Why did you even post? If you aren't looking for opinions then do what will get you the a*s that you want and stop drawing attention to yourself and your "problem" that many women here are working toward. /thread.

"Guys" as in "men" i meant. But anyways. I've learned that im about 30% body fat and well that is just not acceptable. Bring on 2014.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

k thanks. I would agree with 30% but NOT 35%

agreement on a number is not required. the only thing that's required is that you realize that you are not where you want to be and that the way to get to the promised land it by eating in a deficit, an ACCURATE deficit, not a "probably 5%" deficit. squats didn't ruin your *kitten*, overeating and inaccurate (or nonexistent) logging did. no worries, because we've all been there and we all had to do the same things to right the ship
  • 87monkey
    87monkey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    OP - After careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that squats did not ruin your *kitten*, overeating, and a crappy diet has ruined your *kitten*….

eat in a deficit, squat heavy, and your ga-donka-donk will be back on track...

Exactly. Quit having a pity party and do something about it.
  • VenharBaby
    Options
    Yep! I really want this to work! Deficit here i come! By spring I should be good to go! And ya, I'll keep doing squats but im not doing a heavy lifting program. All my focus is going on deficit and some cardio.
  • whiteposy
    Options
    I can certainly understand why you might not want your butt to look like Victoria Secret boobies, if your goal is good health and not to just give all men a free boner.