Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 11

Options

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say, I'm proud of all you ladies!!! You continue to inspire me to push when I feel like sitting in bed and stuffing my face.

It was so easy for me to not workout last week. Yes I don't like to run alone at night and yes my apartment is cramped and there isn't room to do dvds, but that's no excuse. I can do the pushup/situp/squat challenges and I can do some dvds and just try to adjust to the limited amount of space. I WILL push myself harder this week!
  • malpal0111
    malpal0111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Serenity!

I love the weekly goal idea! I need you ladies to keep me accountable this week. My motivation level is nil, and I'm desperately in need of a good kick in the @ss to get me back on track.

My goals for the week:
    - Walk 6 days, do Jillian Michael's Shape Up DVDs 4 days
    -Log EVERYTHING. Even if it's naughty or I'm over calorie goal...LOG IT!
    -9 cups of H20/day
    -No sugar or other refined carbs
  • beanie242
    beanie242 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've been doing just horrible lately, no motivation, bad food. I'm at 174.8.
    I;m going to MAKE myself exercise 5 times this week, no matter what, hopefully that will get me back on track.
  • abbycat900
    Options
    Hey, sorry I'm late! I got up early and went out to a job today, and I had no idea I would be out so long! I just got back, actually. I weighed in at 161lbs today, which I think is up .5lbs from last week? The good news is, I've been on my feet all day delivering phone books door-to-door, so I got a couple of hours of strength training AND cardio in, without even trying!

I WILL be in the 150s by next week, damn it! :P
    I WILL have eight glasses of water every day.
    I WILL not go over my calories at all this week.
    I WILL exercise at least five days a week.

EDIT: Actually, I weighed in at 161.5 at week nine, so I guess that means I went down .5lbs!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Thanks, MalPal.

I have been massively slacking on my workouts so my goal for this week is to work out at least 4x plus my hike on Saturday and NO alcohol.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    MUCH better. :smile: I lost some of that water weight I was holding over the day and am at 169.4. Yay!! :drinker:

Only 0.2lb and my BMI goes from obese to overweight!!!
  • ElvenMother427
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!!! I did ok with my goals last week, but not perfect, so this week will be even better, I hope :) Here are my new goals:

I WILL drink 8-10 glasses of water every day
    I WILL exercise at least 5 days both morning and night
    I WILL log my food every day
    I WILL think positive everyday
    I WILL NOT give in to the temptation of candy. (we are using small pieces to help with potty training for m son...a reward system...but it is a hard one for me to resist....I gave in a few times last week)
    I WILL NOT be discouraged or give up on myself if I slip or make a mistake

Tonight I am starting work on one of 2 quilts I am making for X-mas gifts. Sewing for me is a great way to avoid temptaion to snack....if my hands are busy sewing...they can't hold food :):)

Hope you all have a wonderful day :):)
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Rach 160's!! you did it ! :drinker:

I think I need to step it up a level this week. Am doing plenty on the workout front so now have to be super good with food. It's too easy to get convenience food but must make myself cook everynight (apart from Thurs - another fancy dinner thingy).

I WILL stay away from Starbucks.
    I WILL drink at least 9 cups of water a day.
    I WILL make it to 2 stone loss (28 lbs) by next Monday.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    mymelody - love your new photo!

serenity - Welcome!

Rach - Woot Woot! in the 160's!

Karen
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    I have to share a special moment. :heart: Last week I saw a woman I had classes with last semester. She doesn't see me too often. We went through an entire lecture almost directly beside each other, then after, I turned to speak to her and she was taken aback! She said that she hadn't even recognized me because of the weight I've been losing. :heart: She seemed absolutely amazed!

I don't see THAT drastic of a change in me, but it's REALLY nice to know some others can! Especially when I'm not seeing any weight come off of the scale. It kept me motivated!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I have to share a special moment. :heart: Last week I saw a woman I had classes with last semester. She doesn't see me too often. We went through an entire lecture almost directly beside each other, then after, I turned to speak to her and she was taken aback! She said that she hadn't even recognized me because of the weight I've been losing. :heart: She seemed absolutely amazed!

I don't see THAT drastic of a change in me, but it's REALLY nice to know some others can! Especially when I'm not seeing any weight come off of the scale. It kept me motivated!

That's awesome! I want to be unrecognizeable to my own family come the end of January. It'll be quite a challenge, but amazing if I can do it. I'm already at least 10lbs lighter than the last time they saw me.
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    That's awesome! I want to be unrecognizeable to my own family come the end of January. It'll be quite a challenge, but amazing if I can do it. I'm already at least 10lbs lighter than the last time they saw me.

Oh you can totally do it! You're on a roll already...and shedding the ones that were on you! haha. Like what I did there? :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options

Oh you can totally do it! You're on a roll already...and shedding the ones that were on you! haha. Like what I did there? :flowerforyou:

Lol!! 25r30wi.gif
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Oh my God, please let this past month be a horrible dream! I don't know how much more we can take. We laid Nick's Grandma to rest Saturday, here it is Monday and we now have to do the same for Nick's Grandpa this weekend. He was in ICU when his kidneys failed. Please keep us in your thoughts. I don't know how much more we can take. I'm at a loss of words.
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Oh no, Bru! That's awful! I'm so sorry to hear that :( You're in my thoughts, dear. Is Nick holding up okay?
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! this week i'm officially weighing in at 163.5.. which puts me down 3lbs from last time, aaand getting me to the total of 30lbs lost so far!def a big landmark moment for me.. hope everyone is having a good month so far! i've gotten into running a few months ago, and decided to really push myself and go from 3 miles one day to 4 the next.. big mistake. i was fine, def tired at the end, but when i got home, i noticed my vision was a little blurry in the corner of my eye for about 20 min or so. fortunately it went away and has been normal since. i read online it might be attributed to low blood sugar, though i'm def having it checked out this week.

Bru- so sorry for your loss. Hope you and your family are doing ok.

goals for this week:
    I WILL drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    I WILL get in good workouts, even on my upcoming vacation.
    I WILL take care of myself and get in enough calories as to not overexert myself, like the other day.
    I WILL NOT let the shortness of daylight get me down and give me an excuse to not work out.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    hahahaha figures after weigh in day I see 145 on the scale!!!!

****Happy Dance Happy Dance ***

Now my military ID card no longer is lying about my weight!!! LOL
    Now when I get a new one it'll just be to update my husband's rank! LOL
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Oh my God, please let this past month be a horrible dream! I don't know how much more we can take. We laid Nick's Grandma to rest Saturday, here it is Monday and we now have to do the same for Nick's Grandpa this weekend. He was in ICU when his kidneys failed. Please keep us in your thoughts. I don't know how much more we can take. I'm at a loss of words.

Sorry to hear about your loses =(
    But to look on the bright side or at least to bring some light vs darkness, they get to be together again.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Bru my sincere condolences. As sad as it is they are both at peace and with each other.

*hugs*
    Karen
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies. Nick is kind of holding up. I tried to hold it in last night, but I couldn't. I took the news much worse than he did. But we really were expecting it with the way his health went down hill quick. They want to do things as quickly as possible, so services are going to be either Wed-Thurs or Thurs-Fri of this week. I think Nick will let it out once we get to the wake. His baby brother, Stephen, held it in about his Grandma until the day of the funeral.

I'm glad that he is no longer suffering because I know he was in the hospital. And I'm really glad to know that he didn't have to be without Grandma for very long.

Just keep us in your prayers, there are lots of things to do now and paperwork to go over. It's going to be a long, painful process. *hugs* and thank you all again.