Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Don't kid yourself dear, men are only interested in booze.:drinker:
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with sexism, but the feminist perspective on what a mangina is not only retarded, but humorous.

Not that anything you say has any merit to begin with, but when you casually sprinkle in the word "retarded," absolutely NO ONE is going to listen to a word you are saying.

I know you feel entitled to have everything in life sugar coated for you, princess, but I am afraid that isn't going to happen.

Boy you really are an idiot, aren't you? A special educator calling you out for using the word "retarded" does not equal "wants everything to be sugar coated." You wouldn't be stupid enough to shout "******" from the rooftops, so why are you stupid enough to nonchalantly use "retarded."

ETA: That was supposed to be the n-word. I got MFP censored.

I don't mean "retarded" in that sense, don't be politically correct with me, I don't care.

No. You meant it to be stupid/slow/ridiculous/ insert-negative-attribute-here. Which is perpetuating that individuals with disabilities must be stupid/slow/ridiculous or a whole host of other negative things. If you're going to be an asshat, embrace it, don't blame it on "well I didn't mean it like that."

It has nothing to do with individuals with learning disabilities, just retarded posts on this forum.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with sexism, but the feminist perspective on what a mangina is not only retarded, but humorous.

Not that anything you say has any merit to begin with, but when you casually sprinkle in the word "retarded," absolutely NO ONE is going to listen to a word you are saying.

I know you feel entitled to have everything in life sugar coated for you, princess, but I am afraid that isn't going to happen.

Boy you really are an idiot, aren't you? A special educator calling you out for using the word "retarded" does not equal "wants everything to be sugar coated." You wouldn't be stupid enough to shout "******" from the rooftops, so why are you stupid enough to nonchalantly use "retarded."

I don't mean "retarded" in that sense, don't be politically correct with me, I don't care.

No. You meant it to be stupid/slow/ridiculous/ insert-negative-attribute-here. Which is perpetuating that individuals with disabilities must be stupid/slow/ridiculous or a whole host of other negative things. If you're going to be an asshat, embrace it, don't blame it on "well I didn't mean it like that."

It has nothing to do with individuals with learning disabilities, just retarded posts on this forum.

Read: It has nothing to do with black people, just the ni88ers on this forum.
  • Mrsallypants
    Options

Read: It has nothing to do with black people, just the ni88ers on this forum.

It has noting to do with analogies, just apples and oranges on this forum.
  • somerisagirlsname
    Options

You're right. There is absolutely no legitimate comparison in two derogatory terms and the groups of people from which they stem. My apologies.
  • Mrsallypants
    Options

You're right. There is absolutely no legitimate comparison in two derogatory terms and the groups of people from which they stem. My apologies.

That movie is soooo gay. I guess that would also offend you. Well, as i said before, i don't care about political correctness or logically invalid terrible analogies on racism.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

That movie is soooo gay. I guess that would also offend you. Well, as i said before, i don't care about political correctness or logically invalid terrible analogies on racism.

so what do you care about- other than making a boob of yourself (see what I did there?)
  • somerisagirlsname
    Options

j-d-exploding-head-o.gif
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

bGOnzML.jpg?1
  • Mrsallypants
    Options

my website: returnofkings.com

so what do you care about- other than making a boob of yourself (see what I did there?)

My website returnofkings

Somebody has to say what others are too afraid to say, I can't let the world slip into cowardice.
  • JoRocka
    Options

My website returnofkings

Somebody has to say what others are too afraid to say, I can't let the world slip into cowardice.

treating people with respect is not letting the world slip into cowardice.

saying *kitten* things doesn't make you a hero- it just makes you a douche bag.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    If you can't feel safe walking around your own home, there's a problem.
    Agree. Now let's get straight on defining the problem. The problem is that you are insufficiently prepared to handle a potential threat. Not "sexism." This problem can be remedied with many options - two of my favorites being:
    1. Legal, responsible, trained and practiced gun ownership
    2. Street combat training

Being a shrinking, nervous, vulnerable, unprepared female makes one an attractive target for all kinds of mischief - not because she's attractive or because (good Lord) she has a uterus, but because she's easy pickings. OP, those guys who were sizing you up "covetously" were just as likely to be checking you for jewelry or other goods worth snatching. The catcaller could just as easily have been a pre-screener signaling his buddies to the approach of an easy mark. And the mark could easily be male or female.

You want to walk without fear? Prepare yourself mentally and physically to handle threats, don't put yourself unnecessarily into threatening situations, and don't blame your vulnerability on your (or their) gender. Controlling others' behavior is not a realistic option. Controlling one's own is a necessity.

"Don't put yourself unnecessarily into threatening situations"

Lol, as if everyone who has ever been assaulted purposely *put* themselves in that situation. That is patently absurd.

Brb, i'm getting milk. But because I don't want to "put myself in a dangerous situation", I better prepare myself with a gun, a bullet proof vest, some mace, and karate moves because simply walking down the street I could meet a mugger / rapist, and if don't prepare myself fully, i'm just asking for it.
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    If you can't feel safe walking around your own home, there's a problem.
    Agree. Now let's get straight on defining the problem. The problem is that you are insufficiently prepared to handle a potential threat. Not "sexism." This problem can be remedied with many options - two of my favorites being:
    1. Legal, responsible, trained and practiced gun ownership
    2. Street combat training

Being a shrinking, nervous, vulnerable, unprepared female makes one an attractive target for all kinds of mischief - not because she's attractive or because (good Lord) she has a uterus, but because she's easy pickings. OP, those guys who were sizing you up "covetously" were just as likely to be checking you for jewelry or other goods worth snatching. The catcaller could just as easily have been a pre-screener signaling his buddies to the approach of an easy mark. And the mark could easily be male or female.

You want to walk without fear? Prepare yourself mentally and physically to handle threats, don't put yourself unnecessarily into threatening situations, and don't blame your vulnerability on your (or their) gender. Controlling others' behavior is not a realistic option. Controlling one's own is a necessity.

Lol, as if everyone who has ever been assaulted purposely *put* themselves in that situation. That is patently absurd.

Brb, i'm getting milk. But because I don't want to "put myself in a dangerous situation", I better prepare myself with a gun, a bullet proof vest, some mace, and karate moves because simply walking down the street I could meet a mugger / rapist, and if don't prepare myself fully, i'm just asking for it.

no one ever said everyone whos been assaulted did.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Oh, and btw:

"mangina"

What MRAs call other men who don't uphold their misogynist views, therefore shaming a man by comparing him to the "lesser" woman. Men's rights indeed. Progressive.
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    what's MRA mean?
  • Mrsallypants
    Options

My website returnofkings

treating people with respect is not letting the world slip into cowardice.

saying *kitten* things doesn't make you a hero- it just makes you a douche bag.

Your reality is far weaker than you realize.
  • JoRocka
    Options

most people are completely ignorant of their surroundings and completely unaware of what's going on.

You are the only person who has control over what you do and where you go and when you decide to do it.

I remember I felt completely safe where I lived- But I drove almost 10 miles further than I needed to to go do my grocery shopping if it was after dark or low volume hours- because I didn't feel comfortable at the dimmly lit local grocery store.

I CHOSE to not go there.

I also wasn't walking with my head down- buried in my phone- I was alert attentive- and had my keys ready to go separate from my bags so I could drop them if need be- scanning my car for suspicious vehicles near it- anything out of the ordinary under it- or for possible people in my truck bed- or even in the back seat.

Being aware and constantly prepared to move and react is almost completely foreign to most people. I'm would never say- it's their fault- did you see where they were walking- but people can avoid a lot of situations by simple paying the attention to what the heck is going on around them instead of LETTING it happen.

what does that even mean... my reality is just fine. it's not strong nor weak. it's reality- it is what it is.

that sentence isn't even logical.
  • Mrsallypants
    Options
    Oh, and btw:

"mangina"

What MRAs call other men who don't uphold their misogynist views, therefore shaming a man by comparing him to the "lesser" woman. Men's rights indeed. Progressive.

Misogynist: What feminists call men who don't uphold their misandric views, therefore shaming a man by comparing him to psychopaths and spree killers such as George Lepine. Feminism is a movement of equality. Very Progressive.

FIXED, now crawl back to Tumblr or Jezebel and whine about the imaginary patriarchy and pay gap.
  • Mrsallypants
    Options

most people are completely ignorant of their surroundings and completely unaware of what's going on.

You are the only person who has control over what you do and where you go and when you decide to do it.

I remember I felt completely safe where I lived- But I drove almost 10 miles further than I needed to to go do my grocery shopping if it was after dark or low volume hours- because I didn't feel comfortable at the dimmly lit local grocery store.

I CHOSE to not go there.

I also wasn't walking with my head down- buried in my phone- I was alert attentive- and had my keys ready to go separate from my bags so I could drop them if need be- scanning my car for suspicious vehicles near it- anything out of the ordinary under it- or for possible people in my truck bed- or even in the back seat.

Being aware and constantly prepared to move and react is almost completely foreign to most people. I'm would never say- it's their fault- did you see where they were walking- but people can avoid a lot of situations by simple paying the attention to what the heck is going on around them instead of LETTING it happen.

what does that even mean... my reality is just fine. it's not strong nor weak. it's reality- it is what it is.

that sentence isn't even logical.

It means the real logic, not subjective logic that your views and perception are based on which CAN NOT hold sway in any context.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, MFP still hasn't added an 'unsubscribe from thread' button.